[APP] - version 4.7.+ ( 03/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 16, 2022, 16:25:34

john_percy

I'm not sure that I'm aware of seeing the small icons elsewhere.  In the previous version, I think the tiny icon was an overlay(?) on the theme icon and I never thought it was clickable. The question to me is how to show it's not clickable.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: john_percy on March 23, 2022, 11:02:38
I'm not sure that I'm aware of seeing the small icons elsewhere.  In the previous version, I think the tiny icon was an overlay(?) on the theme icon and I never thought it was clickable. The question to me is how to show it's not clickable.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

You click on it once and notice that it is not clickable. Then their head has learned. It should stay like this. Because if more flags are added it becomes impossible to click them. The 3 point menu always says that there are more options. Our brain learns so fast and we get used to it very quickly. And a new one doesn't know what the flag means anyway. In the menu he then has a full text.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I think you are referring to pictures attached to one waypoint. But I am talking about Geotagged Photos, which Locus displays, based on their latlon data. Taken from user defined directories.
If Locus would access a 3rd party app for a photo, depending on the app it would be possible to swipe through pictures in the same (file system) folder, which I'd like.
Even better would be if Locus was able to fullscreen display and while swiping through pictures, also select the related points on map.

See attachment. There's just no way to look through all those pictures there.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7831.msg66982#msg66982
and your answer #20
i have observed this behavior on several geocache tours.
I am very sure that the very slow response of LM4 is due to the creation of multiple (5 or more) geocache logs by voice input.
Does this info help?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Editing of the main menu still gives me headaches and usually I end up not making changes to my main menu items.

What I do:
I reorder and change certain entries. Then eg I go to "All features" in the main menu. After leaving this, then re-entering main menu, all my changes are gone.

Also, some entries can be added twice. There was no checkmark beside "Share", so Locus allowed to add  a second share entry. Also Dashboard etc., chaos. See screenshot.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
Geotagged photos > I'm not saying it can't be done better, but what you want is a problem and also ... app display specific photos on the map and it does not make sense to swipe between these photos. If you want to do this, why don't you simply open your favorite photo browser? I'm also worrying that with recent changes in the filesystem, this "depending on the app it would be possible to swipe through pictures in the same (file system) folder" won't be any longer technically possible, but it is another story.

On your picture is some recorded track with photo points. What immediately comes to my mind is a solution where all photos from attached waypoints should be united directly under the track and displayed there as a gallery ... hmm  8)

Main menu: did not know it has such problems. I'll check it, thanks.

@balloni55
due to lack of time, I always use the app max 2 hours at once and never noticed such a problem. But using voice input > hmm, can't imagine it should have any effect to be true.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Thing is, there's many photo folders, so what I would have to do is going to a photo app, find folder,...

Nah in the screenshot, that's just a track which has no technical connection to the displayed photos. I take pictures the normal OS way, not via Locus photopoints. Do conversions/renaming on PC, then copy back to Android.
  •  

Menion

*** Locus Map Beta 4.7.1.2 ***

It is the first version with a completely new purchase system + added option for time-limited one-time purchases. Probably not too interesting for most of us here anyway this is a preparation for vouchers and purchases over LoCoins (expect during April/May). And hopefully later also purchases without a Google ...

Well, back to functions > there is also some news, don't worry.

@tapio
Understand. As I wrote, there is also a technical limitation. It anyway looks to me like a really unique how you deal with your photos.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on March 25, 2022, 21:20:42
Thing is, there's many photo folders, so what I would have to do is going to a photo app, find folder,...
@tapio this is just a naïve suggestion, I use an app called F-Stop; with just 2 taps all the photos from all Android folders are visible in one screen. Probably other "photo apps" are the similar.

@menion - is there a problem with the Help system? When I add a new topic https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add there is no Submit button so I can't save the topic. It has only been like this for max 2 weeks since I last added a help topic. I was trying to add a new topic about the RSS feed links no longer working - click the link results in error EXCEPTION_ Class 'Forums_Service_Forums' not foundException on line 15 in file etc..

I hadn't noticed until now, but the help desk RSS feeds may have been broken for last 7 months according to my news aggregator Feedly. To reproduce: from web browser > Locus Map help desk main page https://help.locusmap.eu > click on any of 3 RSS feed icons (Questions | Ideas | Problems) > error page with exception & stack trace (attached).
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Tapio

Andrew, I am an F-Stop user, using all its possibilities, like those dynamic albums... it's just this thing: You're in Locus, see those geotagged photos, but viewing them isn't fun (no fullscreen) nor can you easily go to the "next".
But I can see now, "prev photo/next photo" is not easy to define if geotagged photos are unrelated to tracks. Thinking further about it, I am burying the idea of Locus allowing to swipe through geotagged photos.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@tapio - yeah, I had no idea what I was talking about/ what your use-case was.

@menion - how to access the dashboard editor gone in the latest beta? The dashboard editor button disappeared from my main menu. I read release notes "united Dashboard choose & edit dialogs" but how does it work - ahh I see - double tap the Dashboard button to access editor. Progress/ intuitive/ discoverable? not sure. So I tried double tap with my other main menu buttons, maybe some early easter egg - but all the same action as a single tap. So is the new Dashboard button unique (it now has single/ long & double tap actions)?
  •  

Tapio

No Dashboard editor in latest beta.
EDIT: Ah, as Andrew reported. I activate dashboards via profiles, no dashboard button needed in button bar - I see no way to access the editor.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@tapio maybe you misread my last post, or I wasn't very clear? Double tap the Dashboard button to access the editor. I do sometimes find double taps are slightly unreliable, interpreted as two single taps.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

•  

Menion

Double-tap? This should do nothing :). Anyway sorry, you are of course correct. Currently working solution: long click on the dashboard button in the function panel. The solution in the next version: all except function panel button, opens dashboard chooser by default. Thanks guys!

EDIT: hmm it seems to already work correctly ... are you able to display list of dashboards? If so, then "Edit" option is under three dots on every line ...

@Andrew Heard
missing "Submit" button should be nice = less support to solve :). Anyway issue with RSS is confirmed. We will have to report this to system developers.