[APP] - version 4.7.+ ( 03/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 16, 2022, 16:25:34

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 20, 2022, 01:36:09
The new LoSatMaps are brilliant in our area - thank you Locus!
Today i will hike with the alpine club, I'm sure if i show them the satellite view you will have several downloads.
Great improvement

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI'm sure if i show them the satellite view you will have several downloads.
???
it´s a online map, not downloadable :-\
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@ADiet
thanks for the screenshots. I can hardly say where is a problem without a simulation of the problem. Except for the proximity sensor, I use the same settings. No one other reported any similar issue as I remember, complicated. I may only suggest disabling the turn on/off by the gesture as this is probably the most risky and less reliable feature that may have any negative effect here.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
I'm facing a weird effect: installed AFA latest 4.7.1 from GoogleDrive.
Then did an update check with GooglePlay. LM4 is shown as up for an update.
Why is that, pls?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

joeloc

Did something change with point rendering lately? I just updated to 4.7.1 and the zooming performance went from buttery smooth to a horrible 2 fps with about 6000 enabled points, no tracks.

Points didn't seem to affect zooming speed at all before... now it's close to unusable.

Test file with 7000 blog entry Points:
https://alpenzorro.com/alpenzorro-allpoints.zip

Performance is dead no matter if any of these points are actually visible or not, ie zooming is at 2 fps even in completely different parts of the planet. If I remember correctly, Locus had the same problem years ago. Then there were some very efficient fixes that made everything super smooth. Now the problem is back.

Or was I just dreaming? Can do more testing if you could link to the APK before 4.7.1.

Edit: rebooting the phone fixed it, locus Multipoint FPS is back to normal.
  •  

Tapio

No FPS slowdown here. I tested geotagged photos, Locus displays ~10000 POI here on my Mate 20 X.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

joeloc

Rebooting the phone fixed it, no idea what was broken. Please ignore me. Speed is back to normal.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I had (have?) an unrelated issue where Locus got confused which online or offline map to use. Yesterday I was experimenting with the new online satellite map - very nice. But then I switched back to usual offline LoMap & OAM maps. When I zoomed out past approx. ZL12 ie. ZL11 or lower, with Wifi disabled, the offline map could no longer be displayed, as I think it was partially trying to still access online data - each tile displayed "connection failed". It was impossible to fix without rebooting, and I can no longer reproduce.

maybe relevant? settings:
cache online maps: on
cached maps only: off
auto map loading: auto-load
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, this is an interesting pack of weird issues to be true.

@michaelbechtold
hmm, this is similar to what Josef žajdlík wrote before. Google Play offer update even both versions has an identical internal ID. This is quite a problem. Complications and complications because of Android filesystem  :'( ... this time I have no idea how to simply solve it to be true.

@joeloc
I made some changes in the rendering system, but based on the benchmarks, there should be a tiny speed improvement, not an opposite  ???. Restart helped, fine. But please watch it and let me know if you find anything repeatable, thanks!

@Andrew Heard
interesting as well. But, you know ... without repeat > problem to fix anything. Thanks for understanding.

•  

michaelbechtold

I get the logic - the latest official ones should have the same ID, hence no chance to escape Google Play's mess up.
EXCEPT with the next beta - which since recently has an increased ID :-)
  •  

john_percy

Good that legends inside zipped themes are once again supported!
However, I keep thinking that I ought to tap on the small green map "legend" icon to view the legend. (I *know* I should tap on the triple dots.) I don't think it helps that I've just had to tap on a similar icon in black to get to the theme chooser.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

The picture viewer for geotagged photos IMO needs a rework in order to be useful. Swiping through pictures, fullscreen, it's pretty lacking.

Here's a simple idea for a maybe intermediate solution: on tapping the picture in the bottom window, can't Locus just open a 3rd party viewer app, ideally user defined? So that the attachment window from the 2nd screenshot is not used.

ps: notice my qr coded picture. It links to Google Maps. After I asked for it, the author of xnconvert added qr code to the toolset. It's awesome. He also added Pluscode. Ah and ps2: I have uploaded a latlon<>pluscode converter to Taskernet, it uses a local js library, so no http api needed. https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8kdDIMDeveQcQfRglam%2Fah1mTW%2FWcg05FZ39c0i1q%2F77iY3E7cIwxCkXqJTaTA%3D&id=Task%3AfGPS_plusCode
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
hmm, 3-dots are quite self-explanatory, isn't it? I really would like to keep all manipulation with themes under three dots.

@tapio
hmm, so the only problem is full-screen? Because swiping between multiple photos should work correctly in case, you have all photos attached to a single point. Open in any 3rd party image browser app is doable, but it will work only for single image. In case, point has multiple images, app won't be able to request display of all images at once.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

john_percy

@Menion The three dots are self explanatory, but the non functioning icons are not!

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

I do not fully understand what you expect. That the tiny green icon will be clickable? I use these small icons in the lists on many places in the app and they are never clickable, always only inform about anything. The icon is so small, that precise click can't be guaranteed.
  •