Important links
- short list of news of public versions
- Blog post (in preparation...)
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
16. 3. 2022 - Locus 4.7.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

john_percy

The link to online theme legends for my zipped Voluntary theme no longer works for me in either Locus v3.58 or v4.7. The theme manager does not show the small green icon for legend for them.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
V 4.6+ #37
Quoteah, sorry, I've forget to look at it. At the start of the next week
no improvement :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Axel D

On the last ride with my mtb I once again had the fortunately rare problem that the programme flashes when the screen is activated in my own preset. The screen switches on and off, back and forth. So I quickly activated the standard default setting without the activated screen switch-on. After some trial and error, I then deactivated the screen on in my other preset so that I could continue driving. I tried different settings but it didn't improve anything. Covering up the proximity sensor didn't help either.

I had raised this before without finding anything (26.03.2021). Could it be possible to reset the screen activation if I activate my own default setting again?

Axel

Locus 4.6
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

alogblog

Quote2. Bug
In temerature tts, when using ko.tts or other languages's tts, LM added digit "1" to the last.
For example, it says "temperature 25.7 degree celsius(of course in Korean) 1".

Quote2: This is really interesting. I'm unable to simulate it, but I've changed an internal logic a little bit, so hopefully, this will be solved in the next version.

I didn't know new temp/humidiy template variable is "%V" not "%V1".

---

I found that "value_temperature_current" variable in data/tts/en(uk, cs,..,).tts files doesnt work at all.
For example, if I modify the default value to "current temperatue is %V", then LM reads just "temperature %V".

However ko/ja.tts are done well.  Please check this, when you have time.

Thanks.
  •  

Tapio

Beta 4.6.1.6 here and still no 4.7 update on PlayStore 🤔
EDIT: Downloaded from Asamm GDrive...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Google still does not confirm the new LM4 version  ::) so if anyone wants to use this new, it needs to be updated from Google Drive.

@john_percy
two volutary themes I have installed seem to work correctly. Point me on the one that causes a problem please, thanks.

@balloni55
ah sorry and thanks for the reminder. I've finally read your report correctly. The current behavior is correct. Settings define how waypoints should be auto-loaded when the cache is displayed on the map. But, every cache also keeps its own list of already visible waypoints.

@ADiet
Thanks for the description, but it is not clear to me what exactly is the problem. Is there any settings that cause this on/off behavior?

@alogblog
I had to change the previously used %V1 parameter to generic new "%V". "%V1" is already reserved for the "speeds_V1".

But now I see that I'm stupid! There already exists a variable for this "%S"!! Damn. Hmm, I'll change it to the next app version. Seems that these TTS files are a little bit over-complicated. I was made a long time ago to solve issues with incorrect formatting of speech in some TTS engines, but hard to say if it is still needed.

Anyway, this is the latest valid TTS file that will work from the next app version. So if you want to modify any ko/ja file, feel free to publish it over pull-request or simply share it here with me and I'll include it in the next app version. Thanks!

@tapio
I know. Because they force us to remove AFA from the public version, they need again 3+ days for some manual validation.
  •  

john_percy

@Menion
I removed the Voluntary theme completely and then reinstalled from Locus store. Relevant themes are Voluntary V5, Voluntary LE, Velocity V5, Velocity LE. (Other versions should not have been in the zip, my mistake). No green legend icon, "Map Legend" greyed out.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Ah, I see it, thanks. Hope this change does not break any other feature in handling of legend files. It starts to be a little bit complicated (more and more)  :).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Could someone please explain how to use the new "[GOLD] World wide satellite maps"? I tried a search of "sate" from map manager but the 2 results don't appear relevant - see attached screen caps.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

You should see this map directly at top of map manager screen.

freischneider

They have written so that they pay money for these cards. I have had satellite cards before. I think they were from Google. What is better about the new ones?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

There never were official satellite maps. If you use any maps from Google, their usage violates the terms of use of Google. These once are of course legal and paid by us. Because of this, they are part of the Gold Premium, simple.

And better? We made an analysis and in many areas around the world, Google Maps were a little better than these. Anyway not everywhere ... depends. Anyway because the Locus Map app can't legally use Google satellite maps, this is the second-best choice ;). And they will be soon available also for the web planner...

Axel D

I attached my settings for my problem with the blinking display.
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Andrew Heard

The new LoSatMaps are brilliant in our area - thank you Locus!
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •