Music sound cutoff while audio coach voice

Started by ta-ka, February 01, 2022, 11:24:06

ta-ka

Hello,

The issue might be a side effect of the bug fix of 'Text-to-speech issues when background audio player play on A11+.' in Locus Map 4.5.7.4 and Locus Map Pro 3.56.5.3. Before these Locus versions, the music keeps playing on during audio coach voice and it was very comfortable for running with favorite music. Could you please look at the issue and find out a solution?
  •  

Menion

Hi ta-ka,
give please a try the new app version. I use it same > listen to music & podcast during activities and it works correctly for me. If there will be a problem, what music app are you using?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

Hi Menion,

The music app is Musicolet but the issue doesn't depend on music apps. I tested with new locus release version then noticed that the issue happens not only with voice coach but also with navigation voice. The details is:

1) Start playing music then start voice coach or navigation in Locus. Locus runs in foreground and music app runs in background. You can hear the music sound as usual.

2) When voice event is triggered in Locus, the music sound is interrupted. You can hear only the Text-to-Speech voice but no music sound.

3) When the Text-to-Speech is completed, the music restarts.

Before the mentioned locus versions, the music sound wasn't interrupted at 2) but continued with lower volume. You could hear both the Text-to-Speech voice and the music sound at the same time.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The same is even with me. At the same time, Musicolet and Locus updated, it is difficult to estimate which the application has caused. But it is not a problem for me, the instructions are now better heard and the music continues at the interruption site.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

TO: ta-ka
It could be a problem in this function of Misicolet, see SCR. "Pause when the sound is muted"
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ta-ka

ta-ka

Hello Žajdlík Josef,

Thanks for the hint. I tried that Musicolet setting on and off but unfortunately there was no improvement.
  •  

Menion

I think I've found the problem. Thanks ta-ka, so in next version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

I've confirmed the issue has been solved in beta version 4.6.1.2.
Thank you very much Menion.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion