Android 12, Connection of sensors

Started by Wole, February 04, 2022, 09:51:14

Wole

Since I have not yet received an answer to my post in the German-speaking forum, here is my question again:

If I want to add a sensor via the sensor manager, after clicking the + symbol, the connection options are selected.

If I then select a sensor under Ant+, regardless of whether it is a thermometer or another device, the message is displayed "this function requires an additional library 'Ant Usb-Service' etc.

The Ant apps are already installed.

The connection also does not work under LM3.

Can anyone help me further?
  •  

Menion

Hi Wole,

give please a try to this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quantrity.anttester , it should help detect where is a problem. Let me know if you find something because there may be also problem in the Locus Map in the detection of missing components. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Wole

Hi Menion,
thanks for the answer.

I send you a screenshot. Perhaps you can say, what I have to.
  •  

Menion

Hi, really sorry for the late answer.
On which device are you trying to use ANT+ based sensors? Based on your screenshot, your device does not support ANT+ protocol natively (first "Nein" line), so you have to use a USB ANT stick in this case, if you want to use ANT+.
  •  

Wole

Thank you for the answer. I use a Samsung S 21 Ultra.

•  

Menion

Quick search and first answer on official Samsung forum, read here, sorry. Usually, the best is to stay with Bluetooth 4 as it is also very battery friendly and close to 100% supported on all devices (or purchase devices with dual support). With ANT+ it is complicated. So promising technology, but not so widely used ... unfortunately.
  •