Exported FIT files are missing some waypoints

Started by mfink, January 31, 2022, 20:22:03

mfink

I am on the latest version of locus map pro 3.
I recently got s Garmin Fenix 6X and wanted to use Locus map to plan routes for it.
It is almost working well so far.
I want my courses to have waypoints. I add these waypoints to my existing routes by adding them to the 'waypoints' tab after opening the track details.
After sending the route to my Fenix (via the locus Garmin addon), only 3 of my 5 waypoints are there.
I then exported the route from Locus in FIT Format and opened it in a fit file viewer. Also there, only 3 waypoints are there. I don't see any difference between the waypoints that are kept and the ones that are lost. I even used the Garmin symbols. I attached a screenshot on how my waypoints look on Locus. Only the first 3 are exported to the fit file
  •  

Quote from: mfink on January 31, 2022, 20:22:03
"After sending the route"
"I attached a screenshot"
One cause I may think off. Your extra waypoints added are NOT associated with a trackpoint.
Associated means: Must have the exact same position and exact same timestamp.  ( A clone)
Then for Locus they should show up into the Locus Planner as Via Points. If not, than they are just ordinary free positioned waypoints. (Not supported by .fit nor by .tcx)
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

mfink

Thanks, you are completely correct! Zooming in very closely revealed that the waypoints are actually slightly off track. Is there a way how to snap them to the track in Locus?
  •  

Open the file in the Locus route planner. There you can add an extra planner Via Point. (=Blue Square). You can eventually set create Via Points by default.  Or if you see a planner Shaping Pont (=Green triangle) click on it and change to Via Point. Give the so created Via Point eventually a customised name.
Save and export as .fit file.  (I do no use...but that should do the job..you test) 
Find info about tcx here: https://t.ly/SOAy    (By the way .fit files do not support "Notes" as tcx does but have some extra turn info)

The tcx export is correct. (Text readable format)
The Locus fit export is possibly corrupt. (Binary format, so I can't check..only the dev can)
Workaround can be export as tcx and than convert this by external pc program.
The Javawa RTW tool will do the job correctly.  https://www.javawa.nl/rtwtool.html
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

mfink

•