[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

Tiramisu_3_0_2.zip into folder Vector maps > themes >
Guten appetit.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
your zip file contains some non-UTF8 characters and because of this, the app is unable to extract it (and crash). I've fixed it so the next version only notifies about the incorrect theme. Check the modified version from Willy, it works correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

balloni55

Quote from: 0709 on December 31, 2021, 09:47:43
Tiramisu_3_0_2.zip into folder Vector maps > themes >
Guten appetit.
first of all  a happy new year

thanks willy, i didn't realize you had provided a modified zip
now there are no problems with the this theme
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

BTW, I always wondered, are there other reason than "historical" as for the somewhat redundant path? 😄

- menion.android.locus - Good.
- /files -? What else, a bit unnecessary subfolder?
/Locus - Again? Yes? It's not Osmand, I know!
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

In the About screen, Locus should not portray the external folder as some kind of error, in red... because it is a valid setup.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Georg D

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 25, 2021, 23:15:16
In ZIP themes the lnk file simply has to consist of the name of the legend PDF file (assuming it is at the same top level as the XMLs).
To my experience, in Locus 3.56.5 the file OutdoorV4 2021-12-08.zip\Outdoor\Outdoor.lnk needs to contain Outdoor/Legende_Outdoor-Desert.pdf despite being a sibling of OutdoorV4 2021-12-08.zip\Outdoor\Outdoor.xml – so .xml and .lnk and .pdf are on same hierarchy level but directory within ZIP must be provided in .lnk file.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Menion already plans to rename those items.

Quote from: tapio on January 02, 2022, 13:41:24
In the About screen, Locus should not portray the external folder as some kind of error, in red... because it is a valid setup.
  •  

Georg D

Quote from: Menion on December 31, 2021, 21:51:50
@balloni55
your zip file contains some non-UTF8 characters and because of this, the app is unable to extract it (and crash).
I downloaded Tiramisu_3_0_2.zip from https://tartamillo.wordpress.com/tiramisu/ and it crashed Locus as expected. After renaming files containing Tiramisù to Tiramisu,  the theme worked and looked correct. So the crash seems not to be [only?] caused by files containing non-UTF8 characters, but already much simpler by filenamens containing UTF8-characters with certain (higher?) codepoints (here hex 00F9 or decimal 249). For an international application developed by a Czech team where accents are common, this is unexpected.

Would be great if that information was added in https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:map_tools:theming or https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_locusmaps#map_themes
alongside information about ZIP support as posted in https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/shortcuts-to-legends#comment-84305 and https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7632.msg66444#msg66444. Moreover, https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_locusmaps:legend might be completely deleted or extended by a note how to display the legend within the app.

Related is https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/26779-crash-when-switching-theme-probably-since-support-for-zipped-themes

Cheers, Georg
  •  

Menion

@tapio
nono, there aren't any reasons. If I ever knew, these paths will be visible and used, I should of course remove "Locus" from the path and most probably also "menion" from the app name  :D

@Georg D
hmm, this is most probably a good point. I'll try to fix the relative path in the zip to keep it compatible with the un-zipped version.

About support for utf-8: which app was used to pack this zip? I've found one info on dev forum:

The problem arises because by default 7-Zip encodes the names of the files within the zip file using Cp437, as noted in this comment from 7-Zip:

Default encoding is OEM (DOS) encoding. It's for compatibility with old zip software.

That's why the unzip works when using Charset.forName("Cp437") instead of Charset.forName("UTF-8").

Anyway, I've tried to pack them as UTF-8, and no difference, hmm.

I'll post your info about the manual to Michal, he look at it. There is a lot of manual pages to change and it takes some time ...
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hello Menion,
when traversing /Android/media, Locus includes the private sub-folders of other apps - like Whatsapp. Then all hell brakes lose - 1000s of files are tried - which are not maps in any shape or form :-) The expanded themes horror, but on steroids.
I'd advise to exclude all sub-folders like com.* Apps like c:geo or Cruiser can use sensible names for sub-folders, not the technical names. So Locus catches the useful stuff, not the useless.
Alternatively you could create a config file that initially includes Locus sub-folders of /Android/media. Users who use more than one app should also be able to edit and add some lines with file paths without wheeping ...
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Are you sure? App should only iterate over own data, so only over "x/Android/media/menion.android.locus/maps" and "x/Android/media/menion.android.locus/mapsVector". Nothing more! Do you see in the log that the app test all files from other directories?
  •  

michaelbechtold

The log file is impressive, nearly 1 MB, just for the start ... I'll send it via classical e-Mail.
Besides 1000s of lines for Whatsapp you'll find a number of other java errors I cannot understand.
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

Menion

Sorry Michael, but this can't be an app problem. Please check a) your custom setup for "mapsVector" and "maps" directory and most probably setup for "External maps" defined in the offline tab of the map manager.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I will check that later, when I have more time. LM4 start takes ages, and often even crashes with my current setup. Your suspicion sounds very logical ...

I also assume I have put /Android/media path into the external map section some days ago (I do not restart Locus frequently). Why? Because of interoperability testing. Because interoperability must not be dependent on app specific sub-folders of /Android/media.
  •