[APP] - version 3.51.+ ( 17. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 20:33:07

Menion

Sure, this is how this feature is done. Content of the "media" directory is used similar to old "external maps". So independent directory where may be placed user-defined maps, nothing more.

The reason I wrote about this directory was to test the performance of the vector maps you complained about.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

for me the very slow map build only occurs when unzipped themes are in the theme folder of the extSD
if there are only zipped themes, the map build runs as usual smoothly
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

bezel

Quote from: balloni55 on December 29, 2021, 13:46:53
Quotethe 'themes' also moved there cannot be called.
confirm
theme is only available to select if stored in "data" path
Yes - I also put the themes in the data path - they are displayed, but then the old problem starts again:
the app crashes or stops (see screenshot).

A selection is not possible this way

Quote from: Menion on December 29, 2021, 13:54:18
Sure, this is how this feature is done. Content of the "media" directory is used similar to old "external maps". So independent directory where may be placed user-defined maps, nothing more.

The reason I wrote about this directory was to test the performance of the vector maps you complained about.
@menion
Thanks for the tip! Map construction (maps in the media folder) is now much faster.

The main and "old" problem with the themes (app crashes) still exists (see screenshot)...

•  

balloni55

@bezel
are you sure you have no unzipped theme in the used theme folder ?!
for me this window appeared as i have had unzipped themes in this folder

and your screenshot, what happen if you click on "warten" ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

bezel

@balloni55
I have installed the themes directly from openadromaps (see screenshot).

When I click on "wait" ("warten") - nothing happens for a very long, long time, at some point I can set an option again, but then the app pauses again ("wait"/"warten") or crashes completely,
  •  

balloni55

i think thats your problem, you download and install the unzippen theme
delete this theme on extSD data..._themes
and download the zip version, one below in your screenshot
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

bezel

Quote from: bezel on December 29, 2021, 14:50:57
@balloni55
I have installed the themes directly from openadromaps (see screenshot).

When I click on "wait" ("warten") - nothing happens for a very long, long time, at some point I can set an option again, but then the app pauses again ("wait"/"warten") or crashes completely,
  •  

bezel

@menion
I'm sorry, but even after the latest update to 3.56.5, the selection of themes (when stored on the external memory card) does not work - Locusmap Pro still stops or crashes!
It is also not a "rare crash when selecting vector map themes" - it happens to many users.

(also: private folders cannot be assigned differently yet - the private folder path cannot be changed anymore)
  •  

Menion

So the maps in the "SD card/Android/media" are really noticeably faster than maps in the "SD card/Android/data/..."?? Unbelievable  :D. Will have to look at it closer.

@bezel
I probably see your crash. Seems that one zipped theme is corrupted. May you please pack and share with me your "_themes" directory? Thanks.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The display of the GPS signal is fixed in the new version 4.5.7. It even looks like it appears much more satellites.
  •  

bezel

Quote from: Menion on December 29, 2021, 20:00:34
So the maps in the "SD card/Android/media" are really noticeably faster than maps in the "SD card/Android/data/..."?? Unbelievable  :D. Will have to look at it closer.

@bezel
I probably see your crash. Seems that one zipped theme is corrupted. May you please pack and share with me your "_themes" directory? Thanks.
@menion
In fact, as I have now discovered after several test runs, the map layout (when externally stored in the media folder) is not significantly faster than otherwise (stored in the data folder).
Only if the maps are stored internally, the maps assembly is very, very fast.

I think the OAM themes are OK, they were downloaded recently - and if both OAM maps and themes are in the internal memory, everything works fine.
(I have send to you via PN the link with the data because the attachement is larger than 2048KB...)

a rather complicated procedure results in the app not crashing when the vector themes are called up:

a) under Settings:
Set subdirectory for 'mapsVector' to "App default setting"; this means internal/directory in the main directory of the app!")

b)but OAM maps have to be stored on the external memory card in the media folder
storage/1234-5678/Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector
(the "_themes" folder is empty!!)

c) !!! OAM themes (Elevate/Elements) are then stored internally (!) under
Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector/_themes

-> the themes can be called, selected and set without the app stopping or crashing.

It works like this, but it is very, very complicated, because different data is now distributed in different places - not very user-friendly. I also don't think that this is acceptable to many...

Why is it no longer possible to assign your own directory under "Settings-Miscellaneous-Standard directories-Specify your own subdirectories-Assign directory" (see screenshot)?
You can't change the path for the private folder on the SD card at all!

Thanks for your help!

•  

john_percy

I changed my mapsVector directory from the default to the media one to test this out and found no special change in speed. I do however have the external and internal memory unified, or whatever Google calls it.
I decided to revert to the default directory and did so on both Locus Pro and Locus 4, allowing Locus to copy and delete files. All appeared to work well for Locus Pro but was surprisingly quick. After doing the same operation on Locus 4 I was left with no vector maps and no themes.
Not happy.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

AbdullahOSM

We are in Saudi Arabia and use unpaved roads a lot and highway=track, and the existing BRouter profile doesn't route via highway=track, so I made a custom BRouter profile, but it didn't show up on my LM Pro 3.56.5 although I tried to put it here:
Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/router/profiles2
And:
Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/data/brouter/profiles2
And:
Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/data/router/profiles2
It did not appear inside the application. Please help me solve the problem or modify the basic profile to include the roads on the highway=track tag by modifying the cars profile and adding this line:
switch highway=track 1
At line 65 approx

Thank you and best regards
  •  

Example

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi A2 Lite met Tapatalk

Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
hope that skyplot screen is OK in the latest version

@bezel
long post - I believe we have solved many problems over PM, thanks.

@john_percy
sorry, but hard to help here for me ...

@AbdullahOSM
thanks @0709, Believe that video helps.
  •