[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

michaelbechtold

What I kind of sensed from Menion remarks is that Locus READS those media folders (I will try myself near term with more maps).
However, the storing - and I suppose also the updating and the check for updates - only runs against the official mapsVector setting.
Have you moved that to media as well? I mean the mapsVector sub-folder?
I'd call above an educated guess - we'll learn from your trying :-)))
  •  

Menion

Beta version 4.5.5.2

@balloni55
text problems are really interesting, can't simulate it :). Hmm, ...

@michaelbechtold
your steps may of course works, partially. There are many variables that are not perfectly under my control, like the "locus-actions" system used for downloading many maps & themes from the internet directly to the Locus Map app. To be true, I just still do not understand why to change it ... I'm sure that ordinary users don't care where are themes and that's all that matters I believe.

Thanks for the logs ... 90s just to detect existing maps. Uff. We will need to do a few more versions to find out the real reason, sorry. So next new Beta adds a few more logs on places where the app directly work with detected files and check the type of maps. Try it and give me a log again please, thanks.

@john_percy
Currently, I test themes packed directly into ZIP without a top-level directory. But both approaches should work in the end. More XML files in the zip, together with the icon & legend files should be supported now as well.

@luce
thanks, this helped a lot!

@slarti76
only the default "mapsVector" directory is used for such checks. All other places work the same as "external maps" > so only a source of maps side-loaded during init, nothing more.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Just saw you note and the new beta - already downloaded and being started.
What is disturbing is that an "OAM" folder on ext SD is being searched. But such folder is nowhere configured in LM4 nor in LMP - and it does not exist on the system at all. (Maybe it did in the past, before the migration, I do not recall.)
But Locus must have some config file or DB where such invalid data survives ...
  •  

Menion

Even if so, an empty/invalid directory should be skipped within a millisecond, nothing like this should cause such a massive slow-down. And the only place where are defined any alternative paths to maps are "External maps".
  •  

michaelbechtold

Weird indeed.
Here's the big one ...
23:23:47 - 23:24:52 is the first burning of time.
The many SRTMs are the only files that stayed in place on this device. Before the Android 11 changes scanning them did not burn so much time.
And then there are those "cannot draw map" errrors. They occur when the UI is functional (incl. map selection), but the screen stays empty. Trying online maps or a vector map goes nowhere.
Only after anothe rlong wait time the maps come up.
  •  

Menion

Why do you have a directory with 19050!!!! HGT files added into "maps"???  :D

What "External maps" do you have defined? May you post a screenshot of this config dialog please? ("+" button in the offline tab > external maps).
  •  

michaelbechtold

Well, those same 19k files were scanned fast as lightning before the API changes ... They did not move a bit on ext SD.

Is there a reason why /Andoid/media cannot be selected in the maps folder definitions? For SRTM, maps, mapsVector.

•  

michaelbechtold

PS: only since yesterday Playstore offers to override the latest beta installs. What is happening here, pls.?
  •  

Menion

I'm trying to get from you info about what you have defined directly in the "External maps" dialog: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_external !

And if this was fast before then the only chance is that these files were not scanned at all.

And Beta: no idea, sorry. But hopefully not a big problem, in the worst case on Thursday, a new public version needs to be published.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion regards 4.5.5.2_1054: my previous experience with ZIP themes is still the same. The only change in release notes is "loading of... themes with space in the name". None of my 4 ZIP theme files have a space in the name. Using an OAM5 map, none of those 4 ZIP files are listed when tapping "Map Themes", and as shown last time I just get the green message "No map with themes is active".
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 22, 2021, 04:26:09
@menion regards 4.5.5.2_1054: my previous experience with ZIP themes is still the same. The only change in release notes is "loading of... themes with space in the name". None of my 4 ZIP theme files have a space in the name. Using an OAM5 map, none of those 4 ZIP files are listed when tapping "Map Themes", and as shown last time I just get the green message "No map with themes is active".
Same setup here, but they work now as before again. Are the xml files on top level inside the zip?

When I tap the theme icon, a lag of 0.5s is introduced...but not sure here if it was this way before. Edit: nah, it's new I'm pretty sure, because it's mildly annoying, and I noticed annoyance never before there. 😁
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: balloni55 on December 22, 2021, 07:50:08
text problems are really interesting, can't simulate it :). Hmm, .
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kybtffwkadq807k/S.mp4?dl=0
Just some translation issue. Will have a look today, of not maybe someone else fixed it. I'm mostly absent of translation, as I don't use the german version of the UI -  this makes communication easier.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 21, 2021, 23:19:54@slarti76
only the default "mapsVector" directory is used for such checks. All other places work the same as "external maps" > so only a source of maps side-loaded during init, nothing more.
Would it be very complicated to also check at least the default locations on extSd? The problem is, obviously, if you have a phone with not much intSd space, and you're trying to download LoMaps from the store, this might fail, even if you have enough space on an extSd. For example, on my Outdoor Phone I have enough space for the LoMaps of my home country - and I want to keep it there for speed -, but if I need additional maps for a holiday, I first have to delete that map, then download holiday map, move that to extSd, then download home country again.
Even worse, I might have to delete previous map also when just updating, if both download ZIP and map don't fit on phone together.
  •  

slarti76

Was this question answered?
> Will content of Android/media/<appid> also be deleted when app is uninstalled?

Sorry if I overlooked something, can't find an answer...
  •