Q: how frequently is the vector map updated to reflect OSM edits?

Started by bendy303, November 26, 2021, 13:16:24

bendy303

Hi, as per my subject line.

I did some edits on Open Street Map to reflect new trails......

when will the offline vector map (which I assume is using OSM data) get updated?

cheers

Ben
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
the offline LoMap maps are updated about every 2 - 3 months.
Thanks, Petr
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bendy303

Viajero Perdido

OAM maps (openandromaps.org) are similar, and update on their own cycle.  That's monthly for Europe, 3-4 months (argh!) for the rest of us.

Which map will show your work first?  It's pretty random, but you can expect to wait.  Online maps, of course, will update much faster.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: bendy303

bendy303

cheers :)

so generally speaking use online tile-maps for OSM if you want the latest, and offline vector for no 4G/5G

Is there an online vector version of OSM??
  •  

voldapet

@bendy303 - There is an online LoMaps Hike & Bike in LocusMap 4. This online map has a similar theme as offline LoMaps Hike&Bike. And mentioned online LoMaps are updated about every 7 - 14 days.
  •  

Igor Martić

If you are mapper, Osmand app (even free version) has osm live plugin which for mappers gives free updates. You can see your changes as fresh vector map 30 minutes after making them, with working routing etc. Then if everything looks good you wait for a month for changes to land into oam.

Poslano sa mog POT-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

•  

Žajdlík Josef

For Mappers, Map Lomap is really slow. I personally download maps with weekly news here: https://osm.paws.cz/
  •