[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 30, 2021, 00:11:09
update to 4.4.3.12 on Android 8 appears to perform correctly
On lineage with Android 9 and root I had the same.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
In case we never communicated with Google support, these should be definitely a try. But after 10+ years ... we know.
Sharing maps/srtm data between apps ... to be true, I really think that this is a geeky feature for us, people who communicate here about advanced features. 99% of app users don't care about this.

@Viajero Perdido
thanks for the test and precise report!!

• "Working directories have been changed" .. hmm, this should not happen in this case and seems based on reactions below, you are not the only one. I'll look at it.
  • Reselecting of maps > hmm, absolute path to content has changed. Minor problem, but probably solvable.
  • (almost) empty dir after the move ... seems some maps were still loaded during the process. Damn ...

@tapio
Till Android 10 (include), all should in the end work as before. Thanks for the confirmation.

@balloni55
work with attached photos has to be heavily re-implemented, I know. Fortunately, the system of attachments is so bad, that not many people use it, not many people miss full attachment sync and so I hope, it won't be a problem for now. In 2022 I'll focus on this together with improved "search" and write it better from scratch.

@Andrew Heard
Values are visible during recording because I can't be 100% sure if value "0" means - "such data does not exist" or "currently value is 0".

Yes, the APK value is stuck on 1044. Why? You may easily update the version from the lower value to higher or from same to same. But! you can't downgrade from higher to lower. In this case, you have to un-install the app. So I generate a Beta version with the same ID as long as the downgrade is compatible. So in case of any problem, you may easily restore the previous Beta version.

And thanks for the update test!

@lor74cas
perfect, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Viajero Perdido

To clarify...  After moving directories, the files left behind in Locus/mapsOnline were named LoMaps_Hike&Bike.*, with sizes 443kb, 340kb, and 32kb.
I believe that was from the map that was shown by default after the move (during the move?), and the smallish file sizes would reflect a single screen of tiles.  I immediately switched back to my usual vector maps and re-selected the theme.

Selecting other online maps afterward does NOT add more files to this folder.

EDIT:  It also seems to have forgotten the selection for a pre-loaded global map.  But I was able to re-select it manually.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

CabrioTourer

Installed Android 11+ Version.
To be true I didn't followed the discussions. Maybe that was the point to find a problem.

Locus showed Directory needs to be moved screen. Then it did something for some seconds. Asked if I want to use custom or private folder. Bec I didn't follow the discussions I pressed question mark on second option.
After this I pressed question mark on first (gray out) option.
Locus stuck for longer time. App close dialog showed up and Locus restarted.
@Menion: Please have a look at the question marks.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Locus stuck happened on second try. But now I pressed first question mark directly after selection pops up.

What is weird for me is that Locus does something after pressing "change directory". And after 20(?) seconds it asked for the target to move to.
What it does before without knowing the target folder?
Not a big point. Just a bit weird from customer perspective.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2021, 09:56:03
Values are visible during recording because I can't be 100% sure if value "0" means - "such data does not exist" or "currently value is 0".
@Menion - it's not of real concern to me, but I would have thought there is a clear distinction between A) a sensor has not been enabled so no value has been read (maybe return value is NaN instead of 0.0), then no need to display it's statistic; and B) a sensor value of zero has been read.

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2021, 09:56:03
You may easily update the version from the lower value to higher or from same to same. But! you can't downgrade from higher to lower.
nice logic - thanks for the explanation
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
thanks for the description. I'll try to simulate it and fix it.

@CabrioTourer
ah, small unfinished problem ... app may take quite a lot of time to compute currently used disk space. And this is the "stuck" you see. Just give it time and it will finish this compute :). Anyway, I've added it to to-do list and will improve it into the next version, thanks!

@Andrew Heard
Well ... this is in the app since begin and I never felt it is necessary to solve it. This page is visible only during recording when you directly display current track statistics. This is not a usual use-case because most often, you only check the side panel or use any dashboard. You are of course correct, that the current solution is not ideal ...
EDIT: will be removed in next version

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 30, 2021, 23:06:02
Well ... this is in the app since begin and I never felt it is necessary to solve it. This page is visible only during recording when you directly display current track statistics. This is not a usual use-case because most often, you only check the side panel or use any dashboard. You are of course correct, that the current solution is not ideal ...
EDIT: will be removed in next version
please don't worry - very minor detail
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion Correct. Be patient works.

I'm still a bit confused about the process. In the selection directory dialog it looks like the first is a selection option bec it has a circle, too. But it's the old directory which you can't choose.

Then after I successfully moved to private dir and restarted App it asked for the directory again. Now the internal story was choosable. Even all the files were moved to private dir before the restart.

I was like a customer and selected internal (empty) folder.
Then my Map was replaced to locus hike and theme switched. I think it was the case bec old locus dir was empty.

I would suggest to redesign the dialog before the move and don't ask after restart.

Btw:  Why you need to calculate free space?
Maybe it's just enough to check if internal and private dir is on same volume. If this is the case (and it will be the case in most smartphones) you need to check if there is enough space to move the largest file. Bec largest file size is unknown I guess to check for just 3-4 GB is a good value.

•  

sbouju

Hi,
With one of my smartphone (the most recent of two), I can no longer have five buttons (limit = 4) in the bottom bar. All remains OK with the older one, with five buttons present.
Any reason for that...?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

(Minor:)

I like that the geocache title is protected from scrolling out of sight.  But it doesn't lock to the top of the screen, as you might expect.  (This is on my phone, 2280x1080, Android 9, with several recent versions including current beta.  On my big tablet, more pixels, Android 10, it works fine.)
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I found that "Overwrite exported data" is severely flawed, if turned on.

Situation: I've got 1700 tracks in one folder, after export there is only ~1300 files on SD. ?!

The overwrite option is useful for not creating dupl. files, BUT! I guess you forgot the situation which I witnessed and I think is the case.

Let's say you have many tracks in one folder, which share the same track title. This is easily the case when dealing with tracks from different devices, or tracks imported from multi-track GPX files.

With same titles, only the last exported track will be on SD. Because I think Locus derives export file names from titles.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

LM crashes when I try to import its own creations - 1600+ tracks.

https://youtu.be/Vn-4AT5Pmg4
  •  

Tapio

Tiny inconsistency:

Select multiple tracks in data manager, top right rectangle, "Select all" is on top. Good.

Select multiple files for database import, top right rectangle, "Select none" is on top.
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer
The whole "move" process internally improved, so I believe, next time it will work without any problem. Thanks

@sbouju
As I see on the screenshots, there is no space for five buttons on your 6T device.

@Viajero Perdido
problem with the top toolbar, damn. I do not like these problems. Anyway recorded in my bugs-to-fix list and will try to simulate it later on any other device (because no problems in Pixel 2 and Pixel 5 I use. Thanks.

@tapio
problem with the overwrite of tracks ... well, is it really a problem of Locus? :). Maybe. Suggestion? Name is usually the best value to clearly specify a track. After maybe 10 years of export option, you are the first. Isn't just possible to solve this unique problem by for example exporting all into single file?

LM4 crash > I'll need a) data to simulate on own device or for now better b) your ID (in the "about app" screen).

Inconsistency, good, thanks!

•