[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

Menion

@ADiet
and in tester sensor works correctly? If so, what exactly message look like? Maybe a screenshot should help, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on October 01, 2021, 10:35:58
My device consumes 40-50% Battery on my 5-6h hiking trips and that didn't noticably change.
@tapio - interesting, thanks. I'm using ~2.5%/h (= 15%/6h) with 3000mAh (3Ah) battery (all other apps off, no mobile, only track recording, no navigation), and certainly wouldn't want much increase for constant sensor processing code. For simple movement detection, a check every 1 or 2s would be more than adequate resolution.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hello Menione, for point position sharing missing option: Send screenshot. This can only be sent via the Share function. See SCR. It's a shame when you need to send a map using MMS.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, it has been mentioned before, there is inconsistencies in tap zones when it comes to points.

In screenshot, when I tap zone 1), it continues with point detail screen. It should do that only on 2) imo.

Everywhere else in the app, on tapping 1), it instantly displays (tracks) on map AND goes there. Which it should do here as well.

Btw., reasonable performance on big offline Geonames file: http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/allCountries.zip
Unpacked 1.4 GB, I was expecting Locus to crash, but I get results after 18 seconds, so it is usable.

I have a suggestion for offline Geonames. The window should pre-select the country file depending on map center, if it exists.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Axel D

Hi Menion,
I tried to get a screenshot of the ANT+ message, but it disappears so fast, that you can't get a screenshot.

But it means, that there is no ANT+ on my device. Although I had tested it with the ANT+ tester. But now with the latest version of Locus I changed my sensor and used BT, so I don't need the ANT+ connection. Perhaps it is not possible on my XZ2 compact.

Axel
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm, but you can simply solve this by a quick "Share" button on the main screen. I'm not sure if this is really a problem. Sharing the screenshot of a single point seems a little weird to me. Isn't it a lot easier to use for example sharing over Google Maps URL or a new URL to our web portal (first option)?

@tapio
there will be a big re-work of the whole search system in next year, really. I believe the whole UI will be redesigned and simplified ... thanks for understanding.

@ADiet
ah, ok.

Žajdlík Josef

This is not necessary to sharing the screen, but why don't you add it when Locus can do it? Control would be united.
  •  

Menion

New Beta 4.4.3.2 version is finally out.
Mostly minor bug-fixing and a few interesting stuff in better support for URL links generated to our web portal.

Have a nice weekend!

@Žajdlík Josef
understand but do not agree. A list of options is created based on "point" or generic "share", so this option is not the only difference.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

schugur

Hi Menion,

I was finally able to test with the SRAM/Quarq powermeter of a colleague. BTLE connection was established, but I also could not get any data. Tried several times with pedaling etc.

Any news from your powermeter? I hope you get it soon ;)
  •  

Tapio

Nice one about the splitting of centering/rotation button. Easier to understand for newbies. I'd make it the default. Also, with GPS off and in dual button mode, there is no simple way to have the map rotate.

Lovely transition from the rotate/north mode.

Tapio

I like to have the rotation button, but I do not like it to be permanently on top of the centering button. Can you maybe give it an own auto hide setting?

Ah longtap starts compass - nice
  •  

freischneider

I think the solution with the turn button is great. The operation is much more logical. Since I almost always turn it on anyway, I don't mind if it is visible when it is switched off.
Of course, it is now not easy to see whether it is activated or whether the position happens to be north. Tip: if pointing north, a red line through the compass needle.

Fading out completely may be good for people who only use one setting. However, this function is of no use to most. The free positioning of buttons (menu, compass needle, centering, map content panel) would be a great thing. Is that very difficult to do? I had already written the suggestion when I was developing LM4.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

starka

Is it possible to reduce this field? In version 3, it is narrower
  •  

balloni55

V4.4.3.2
LM4 sometimes FC direct after start, or after click on sidepanel e.g. Prest button.

since no one else is reporting this problem, for info i have LM4 on
android/data/menion..../
installed

Edit:
one hour later:
after many crashes of locus i can't start LM4 even after restarting the device.
Locus boots until the map is visible and then closes.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Also experienced a crash, on apply of a preset.
  •