[APP] - version 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x

Started by Menion, August 30, 2011, 08:55:55

stebu

Quote from: "menion"anyway there is no SQLite Map format specification. I took map format from RMaps and creted improved version for locus. Best for you is to take some SQLite map from Locus and check if with some SQLite viewer (i use for example addon to firefox - can recommend). You're correct with for example Fonceta, but we should do small workaround. As I see, only place where can be placed some more data into GEMF file is name (description) of map provider. So instead placing for example 'OpenStreetMap bla bla', you may place there 'OpenStreetMap bla bla;locus_map_type:X' where X is number that is stored in SQLite map in table "info" and column "provider". It's unique number that identify and say me which type of tranformation should I use
I have managed to create a .gemf map out of Locus .sqlite map. There is just a minor problem  :?  my .gemf maps do not show up in Map manager (a test file from Al does show up and works).

In sqlite the zoom is Z, should I use 17-Z in GEMF?
Are both .png and .jpg tiles supported?
Can there be several sources in one file? Seems that Locus stores several different s-values (at least for Bing).
What is the reason for not showing a .gemf file in map manager, i.e. what validity checks are made?

Then a minor bug in map manager, if I hit the plus at the bottom, the file browser does not show .gemf files.
  •  

Menion

I'm just writting you email ... finally ...

anyway quick answers:
17-Z should work
png and also jpg should work
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

oiorokko

Quote from: "menion"just be sure you have (in settings) disabled automatic recompute!

How can I enable or disable automatic recomputing? I did not find it on settings?!
  •  

Menion

ah sorry, I expect you have testing version here from forum. This settings will be in new version (after a while) ...
  •  

oiorokko

Ah, OK. I'll wait then :).
  •  

Menion

new version published. stebu please try your GEMF maps. I just checked you email (thanks for it) and discovered one small mistake in code, so your small map (from email) now works ...
  •  

stebu

Yep, now I can see the maps in manager and also use them. I have some problems with zooms; I'll try to sort them out, maybe with single provider.
  •  

Menion

perfect, if you'll be stuck on some problem, write me email with some maps sample. It's much faster for me to check where is problem then for you ...

EDIT: stebu don't play with this too much. I'm currently communicating with Al, and he reports also some problems with zoom so it will definitely be in Locus itself
  •  

Szczepanik

Quote from: "menion"22.9.2011 - Locus 1.13.2
  • release on Android market - Free & Pro
Menion thanks - voice directions are now in feet. :D  
[attachment=0:3lz8rw0g]Locus_Navigation.png[/attachment:3lz8rw0g]
Cheers
Tom
  •  

stebu

The new navigation works a lot better, thanks! Route automatic recalculation works really well, now I don't really need the "closest point" function.

But I still have small wishes:
1)if the system supports this, I would like to see in the itinerary the length of the calculated route and the estimated driving time.
2)for some reason the voice announcements are about 100m too late. It could be the GPS refresh rate or slow CPU. Would it be possible to have a setting: Advance voice announcements by x meters / feet. This would effect the announcements that are made at 200m (100m?) and earlier.
  •  

Menion

I also hope that "nearest point" should be deleted one time in future :)
1) this do not depend on system, I'm calculating all values by my own. Anyway you're partially correct. I need some estimated times from server and I'm not sure if I receive it. I'll check it ...
2) new settings is not needed I think. I'll check it also why this happen but it will surely not be that to some slow phone etc. It will be problem in Locus itself
  •  

dibrial

I created a route in a previous version with 25 appoints and a distance of 25.6km for bicycle.
If I calculate the route with the new mapquest the route is 62.6km over the same roads.
It also looks like the route doesn't stop at a point, but continues for several hundred meters.
  •  

Menion

more then twice long???

"bug" with path over and before start and end point fixed
  •  

dibrial

The more points, the more extra distance?????
  •  

Menion

may you give me your start and end coordinates? seems like interesting algorithm for route compute on MapQuest server ...
  •