Gesture control confusion

Started by GusGF, September 06, 2021, 22:41:16

Andrew Heard

re config.cfg - also beware - don't bother adding your own comments after the hash# character, as these will be deleted next time config.cfg is written
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

And also note from me  :)

I want to get rid of this config.cfg. Settings from this file are slowly moving to inner "Expert settings" (long click on the main menu). So in case, some settings will be missing since a certain version in the config, firstly check expert settings ... many settings were already moved.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

With a choice of time (in seconds) but certainly also the more simple select distance in meters.
Time default is 15|35|300 sec or Distance default 75|175|1500 meters
Selection in meters has the great advantage: Simplicity and clarity.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5

GusGF

Quote from: Menion on September 14, 2021, 07:40:05
So I've just updated this system and in the next version, the screen on/off should work also in case, no voice is selected, thanks.

Any idea when this will be integrated so I can download it?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on September 15, 2021, 09:25:34
With a choice of time (in seconds) but certainly also the more simple select distance in meters.
Time default is 15|35|300 sec or Distance default 75|175|1500 meters
Selection in meters has the great advantage: Simplicity and clarity.
@0709 - I currently have "navigation_announcements_times=30|180|600" - are you saying the values can be "sec" or "meters"? What is the full syntax? The keyword "..._times" implies these values are "sec" not "meters". This is certainly one hidden gem setting that would be good to migrate to UI expert settings.
  •  

@ Andrew.
No Sir, only actually is by the time notation. (Newbies hardly understand the used method at first use)
The  very simple to understand method by distance set in meter a nice to have ......
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on September 15, 2021, 09:25:34(edited your quote with my emphasis)
current navigation_announcements_times=15|35|300
proposed navigation_announcements_distances=75|175|1500
Selection in meters would have the great advantage: Simplicity and clarity.
@0709 - ok, thanks for clarifying. yes, this could be a good enhancement - help topic?
  •  

Menion

Does metres really have a sense? Hmm ...

@GusGF
the version will be published at the end of this week, maybe next week, depends ...
Anyway, you may already try a Beta version. The link to download is in my signature.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

GusGF

Quote from: Menion on September 20, 2021, 15:25:28
@GusGF
the version will be published at the end of this week, maybe next week, depends ...
Anyway, you may already try a Beta version. The link to download is in my signature.

Thank you  :)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 20, 2021, 15:25:28
Does metres really have a sense? Hmm ...
@Menion - to me, maybe @0709 too? the distance to the next navigation announcement makes more sense than time. Each could have advantages in different scenarios though. I generally find the shortest time in the setting (eg. 30|180|300) is somewhat unreliable, but the most crucial. The actual 30s announcement is anywhere between only 10s to 30s before the turn, as this is often when speed is slowing down, so I often have to turn on display manually anyway. Maybe a fixed distance setting here would be more predictable?

vote for this suggestion from 3 years ago too - https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/transfer-function-in-config-cfg-to-gui-navigation-expert-setting
  •