[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Tapio

Omg Menion is lightning fast. Better visibility now and they are in tracks without timestamps now. And in route planner.

In route planner, you always restart km counting with every shaping point, I think it is not good this way.

As for the cross markers, IMO you should use them over all ZL. Otherwise confused with simplified WP.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Show or hide distance markers in route planner should get an option there. Maybe even independent from global setting.
Poor Menion, things easily get complicated 😜
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Would it be difficult to make a label for two lines? The symbol could be small. See SCR.

Menion

Nice bunch of ideas, thanks guys :).
Because I want to make things easy (at the start at least), I'm trying to re-use the functionality I already have. So in this case, existing labels (which are quite limited in setup). I've anyway discovered my hidden option to change size and color (now is used track style base color > clearly visible labels for more tracks now), so a new version (same name!) was just generated.

I've also created a hack to display labels in route planners across all segments!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Now those labels are much lovelier IMO! I like it. Also, the labels rotate nicely on map rotate.
Not super important, but the distance labels have no cross marker in the route planner.
I think an independent setting inside the route planner would be useful. I can see myself having 1km markers turned on there all the time (really useful for planning!), while in normal operation I will rarely turn on, just if needed.

Žajdlík Josef

These red crosses are more pronounced, but are used to indicate the rescue point. Does the small blue arrow be used? I apologize for the permanent comments.
  •  

balloni55

with current version i am unable to switch on/off these labels.
restart locus set the last selected state
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion, Tapio

Tapio

"I've also created a hack to display labels in route planners across all segments!"

Hmm... is this why there's now those waypoints?
  •  

freischneider

separate settings for the route planner are not necessary. if you show and hide km markings in the Map Contest Panel. It's available in the planner and on the main map.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Tapio

Not necessary, but useful. And Menion said he doesn't want to have it in mcp
Ah, it shows markers onthe currently running recording; nice.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
new icons in the route planner are interesting. It has nothing to do with work on the markers, but it is probably a side effect of fix of incorrectly computed travel times. Hmm, how to simulate it ... what route and routing profile are you using?

And yes, markers should be visible on all visible tracks on the map, except tracks where I specify not to display them (like segments in the Route planner for now).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Scooty

Quote from: Menion on September 09, 2021, 23:35:17
New version ***MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.7_1034_beta***
- major update in work with sensors
Powermeter "Assioma Uno" works fine with BTLE, both values of cadence and power are displayed fine and make sense.
Thanks for your work!

Andreas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Hi Menion, Re: unwanted waypoints in route planner. It happens eg. with LoRouter offline and Lohiking profile.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on September 10, 2021, 12:00:46
"Km" symbol ... I know, but I have to consider other units that may be currently selected. It also helps to avoid confusion with labels of points or other content on the map. Hmm for now, I think that they are so small, that the "km" symbol causes no issue ...
@menion I disagree, surely this "km" text is a waste of valuable space, see screen caps (note this track was out-and-back; there are way too many labels for ZL <= 14. At ZL 15 & 16 they are mostly OK, then ZL 17+ there are too few or none! Can they be dynamically adjusted to just have 3 or 4 at any given ZL? This scheme then works for high ZL where only a few 100m are displayed. PS - new beta/ same name - seems to be better

Can the labels be toggled from the Route Planner?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

schugur

Quote from: Scooty on September 11, 2021, 14:25:03both values of cadence and power are displayed
interesting to hear. I tried pairing the powermeter again by BTLE, but still no cadence in my case. @Menion, do the logs give any clue this time?
  •