[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Tapio

If I am in the route planner and change the map via the map window (if it is not available in the quick map switcher):
After changing the map it returns to Locus main window, i. e. leaves the planner, which is unwanted.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

A few observations/ comments while getting new routing data:

• notification center > map item downloads - should be "X items remain", not "X items remains" (attached)
  • notification center > offline elevation data download - error: bad gateway code 502 with other bad text characters - error cleared when exited then restarted, but not when Refresh icon was tapped (attached)
  • "LocusStoreMyHist" - the title could be improved, maybe just "My History"? no room for screen cap - limit of 4 attachments ;-(
  • LocusStoreMyHist - tapping Android Back button is ignored - there is a brief "progress bar" at the top but impossible to go back; tapping the Back arrow <- however works
  • notification center > download of routing data - the text under the progress bar toggles between "Downloading..." and "Loading..." - just stick with one name or the other so the remaining text doesn't "bounce" around (attached)
  • Route Planner > drag up from bottom > temporary route - "bug" icon at bottom right side - no longer needed? "Old screen" & "Static Image" buttons? (attached)
  • Route Planner > drag up from bottom > temporary route > menu ">" button - could this be changed to dot-dot-dot button to be consistent with other similar bottom-right-side menu buttons?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@tapio
ah, thanks, fixed

@Andrew Heard
- "items remains" ... thanks

- error 502 > how do you simulate it?

- "LocusStoreMyHist" > forwarded to Petr, thanks

- back in "My history" > hopefully fixed

- Loading/Downloading ... not so simple. In the "Loading moment" app probably do some merging or extracting. I've at least changed loading > working that makes more sense.

- "Bug icon" is only in the beta version. Anyway no longer needed, you are right.

- "Right arrow button" .. hmm this is separate category with "tools", not a common three dot menu. I'll change it at least to "tools" icon to make it more clear.

Thanks Andrew, good points!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

New version "MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.4_1031_beta_sensors"

Any interesting news? Sure, after two months of work, this version has a completely new "Sensors manager" system wrote from scratch. Currently, it mainly allows to connect multiple sensors of the same type at once, but is sooo flexible, that more will come soon ;).

Warning: it is the first Beta test of this feature, so be aware of possible problems and in case of a problem, report it and use the previous "MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.3_1031_beta" version. Thanks!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Thx. Just two remarks: It did not auto show the "whats new" window at first start. I was logged out, had to relogin to the store.
  •  

Tapio

Menion, this is not fixed if I change from a vector map (oam) to an online map.

Quote from: tapio on August 24, 2021, 11:56:45
If I am in the route planner and change the map via the map window (if it is not available in the quick map switcher):
After changing the map it returns to Locus main window, i. e. leaves the planner, which is unwanted.
  •  

Menion

Missing "news" is because I did not change the version code of the APK file. You may see that both files on Google Drive have the value "1031" in their name. It means, they are both "same versions" and may be easily switched. Android allows to upgrade to the higher version without a problem, but downgrade is possible only by un-install. When I generated apps with the same ID, it allows changing the new version in case of any problem to older, without worry. But > I'm unable to detect it is a new version so the news is not visible then.

Selection of the online map > ah you are right, thanks!

balloni55

hello menion
while looking for free space on the internal SD of my device, i noticed that in the folder
Locus/data/sensors
files with the extension .data from a few KB up to 11MB have accumulated to ~2GB over the last 2 years.
A new file is created every time LMP and LM4 are started.
What are these files for and why are they created?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Quotehmm. I see it works for me, but I've 3 days internal, but on OneDrive I see last 5 backups with 5 - 8 days interval, so something does not work exactly perfect. I'll be watching it, thanks.
after update to V4.3.3.4 Beta three days ago
my daily set backup work again :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Menion

New version with "final" new Sensors manager: MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.5_1032_beta.apk .

The test really needed. I've tried last days all possible sensors I've found, but ...

@balloni55
"data/sensors" directory is filled by content because you have enabled logging sensors data in "Expert settings > Record sensors data". This is a useful tool for some post-processing, but not for common usage.

backups work ... hmm, me too now, interesting :)
  •  

T-mo

beta 1032
- I do not have special Sensors, sorry
- quick walk-through from bottom>top  https://drive.google.com/file/d/17gHtmkV3PRVfsEIuIuId9h9KgQV68cH2/view?usp=drivesdk
- LM4 crashes if top-entryis selected (thereforeI start@bottom)
- nice to see max-fullscreen back again - Thanks!
  •  

Menion

No sensors, no worry, there will be for sure users who actively use sensors.
Thanks for the video ... what's its point?  :D

LM4 crash ... I probably see where it happens. Maybe disabled BT in your device? I'll fix it, thanks.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on September 01, 2021, 10:37:27
Thanks for the video ... what's its point?  :D
mostly the crash & situation of no-sensor-setup, possible optimising dialogs
even though sort of lame ;D
  •  

balloni55

V 4.3.3.5_1032
e.g. https://coord.info/GC7H9FA

if i call the geochecker via the listing, insert numbers or leave the fields blank and now click on "check" i can't leave the listing with the arrow back button nor with the hardware back button.
The only way to continue is to "close all apps" and restart LM4. With LMPro the problem does not occur
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•