[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

T-mo

Quote from: tapio on August 08, 2021, 11:57:19re t-mo...
Lopoints generally deserve fundamental rework (ui, workflow, filtering, category presets etc etc) IMO, but it's all a question of dev time. To me that would rank at #1 of bigger projects.
sure, definitely needs plannings and time
I recognised that dimming map to highlight LoPoints-overlay would also be helpful (as a method to temporarily higher the contrast of LoPoints<>background, as punch-in-action) ;D

•  

Menion

New Beta version 4.3.2.3 just uploaded.

Most of the problems should be fixed. At least the random stuck when panning with the map. @fresichneider reported that full-screen still cause problems. I'm unable to find or simulate any problem, stupid :-\. Anyway, I'll keep looking, but full-screen on Android 9+ is something I would really like to remove completely ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Crash is ok now
Full screen is not yet possible. It would be a shame, I love full screen. But I have now ordered a Xiaomi redmi note 10 Pro. I hope that it works with full screen.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
for what should the display of the mostly outdated clipboard contents be useful?
When I copy something to the clipboard to paste it immediately I know that, in all other cases the displayed content is useless and confusing.

Please explain "small info for geocaches into lists"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

switched to new beta 4.3.2.3 1029.
For some 10-seconds I had system buttons panel without left button, only middle and right visible. Wanted to take a screenshot but it changed to the normal panel, usual,correct one at some point.
Nevermind, works like a charm, but maybe it helps
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on August 09, 2021, 16:15:10
. Anyway, I'll keep looking, but full-screen on Android 9+ is something I would really like to remove completely ...

What is this all about...? Why? Max. map/toolbar space is good... Having no problems with fullscreen...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@fresichneider
thanks for the video! Nice. I'm a little desperate to be true. Comparing current code to old does not reveal any problematic changes. Also, nobody in the team is able to simulate this, damn.

@balloni55
maybe you help me. Simple task -> multi-cache, few steps, and equation that computes final waypoint. What are your steps, where you write variables from all waypoints and how you compute the final waypoint? Example cache close to our house. You obtain ABCD values and have to compute final stage.

And small info: did you tried to plan a route over caches? I probably didn't because it was useless without more info about caches. So this (screen) is the change. Values are visible probably on more places like "Nearest points" etc.

@T-mo
thanks for test! Content of system panels is completely out of my control ... just for your info.

@tapio
I'm talking about Android 9+. Check how it looks on my device (screenshot with new normal mode and full-screen mode). Full-screen is just useless now as it displays top black panel. Normal mode nicely covers the whole screen with the map. It should look similar on all A9+ devices ...
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 09:23:16
I'm talking about Android 9+. Check how it looks on my device (screenshot with new normal mode and full-screen mode). Full-screen is just useless now as it displays top black panel. Normal mode nicely covers the whole screen with the map. It should look similar on all A9+ devices ...
No, that's simply not the case. At least for my (Samsung) devices (A10 and 11), "real" full-screen gets rid of all system panels. They only reappear by sliding up from the bottom or down from the top. Considerably more display space for Locus (or any app). Your "black upper panel" rather looks like a bug to me, never seen that on any Android device in Full-screen.
So my vote is "Keep Full-screen"!
  •  

Tapio

Huawei with Android 10 same, fullscreen as it has always been. It's not a big deal but nice to have.
@Menion your Pixel2 status bar looks regrettably big and ugly 😋
As if an app intercepts the default status bar.
  •  

Diddi

I'm facing a big error with new beta.
Cannot even start locus..when tapping on the icon for first time after Installing new Beta, I saw the "what's new" screen. After clicking on next, locus stopped and I got back to android desktop main screen.
Maybe useful: before Installing the beta, I tried to update  the GC votes in a Geocache list with about 6000 points which brought an error:  locus stopped.
Restarted phone many times..
What to do?

Diddi
  •  

Tapio

Maybe rename Locus/cache dir before start? IDK, do at your own risk.
  •  

Menion

@slarti76, @tapio
oki oki, I'm not removing it (yet)  :D. Black top panel is there because of the cutout in the display = solvable but needs a lot of extra work.

@Diddi
hmm "locus stopped" during the update. Looks like some problem with the database. Best if the app crash is to send me your "user ID". It is visible in the app or now also in the "Locus/info " file.
  •  

freischneider

Tip: Write the user ID in the user profile. I have added it accordingly to. Menion can call up the report if necessary.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Menion

Ah, very good idea, thanks! Just keep on mind, that it is more a "device ID"  ::) ... every device has its own ID. Maybe incorrectly, I started to call it "user ID".