[APP] - version 4.2.+ ( 15. 6. 2021 )

Started by Menion, June 15, 2021, 14:48:07

lor74cas

Hello,
in the planner did you plan ;D to insert a sort of search tool?
I think it'd be useful in the planner panel or as a icon
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

Quotesorry, no change since last beta regards problems you mentioned.
i wrote
Quotecan't say if this behavior exists for a longer time.
With LMP, the process is definitely more user-friendly.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
do you mean like common search for an address or your point? What about a) long-click on the "+" button or "menu > add point"?

@balloni55
I know I know. The method is the same in both versions and this is a problem. In the old Pro version, it simply opens the cache screen with the latest tab > waypoints. In the new LM4, it displays cache as a small bottom popup. Is this really incorrect? It does not look so to me to be true ... one additional click to display list of waypoints.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Erelen

In previous beta, Locus bottom bar and phone bar was same color and same opacity. But in last beta (#1025) they are different.
Same color is better :)

Hmm. Locus top bar and phone notification bar have same color in both versions.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I don't know whether it's the latest beta, but a double-tap on the map no longer toggles side panel(s) visibility.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Jan Čapek

@Erelen That is subjective. :) Plus, we had to separate where UI of the app ends and Android UI starts. There are several reasons behind this change, not only how it looks.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 24, 2021, 09:14:58
I don't know whether it's the latest beta, but a double-tap on the map no longer toggles side panel(s) visibility.
Not a problem here, Huawei Mate 20 X.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

luce

Beta 4.2.1.4:
This should not be possible, should it? ;)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

In the latest beta, the Cloud Sync screen (the one with "Manual sync" title), the status section is partly cut-off.

On my phone, there's only one line, "Automatic Sync: Enabled"
On my tablet, half of the next line is also visible.

Time of last sync (now missing) is useful to know...  Thanks.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
I'm still step-by-step fixing the remaining problems with panel visibility. May you share a backup of the settings with me so I may simulate this issue? Thanks!

@luce
how you didi it?  ;D

@Viajero Perdido
thanks, got it!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on July 25, 2021, 22:51:31
I'm still step-by-step fixing the remaining problems with panel visibility. May you share a backup of the settings with me so I may simulate this issue? Thanks!
@Menion - after a bit more testing - double tap can unhide panels, but next double tap does not hide panels. I tried this for my "hack" 99,999s but also 5s. I note @tapio had no problems. Settings attached.

PS. I really like the new feature (finally) of tapping the active track recording to see track stats.
  •  

slarti76

Noticed problem in landscape: The new track and point screens are opened on the right side in landscape, which is good use of screen real estate. But the have neither action icons nor a menu. Can't do anything, have to return to portrait mode for any operation...
  •  

luce

@Menion
I just tapped the upper one, then the lower one. That was it. It simply doesn't jump from one to the other, like radio buttons normally do. Both options stay activated and it's not possible to deactivate them any more. Issue is reproducible.
  •  

freischneider

I have just downloaded the new beta. They are the same problems as with the old ones before my vacation.
Map Content Panel is empty (but not always)
Menu or the whole bottom panel is empty (not always)
Finish with 2 times back is not possible.

The data manager on the right bottom side is in the right panel (always displayed) that is never disappeared until now.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

It's not specifically beta related, but thought I'd share it here rather than as a Help topic. Assume wireless data is enabled, but SRTM height data is missing while in the Route Planner, LM conveniently asks & downloads the required data, with standard progress circle/ Notification Center - that's nice. But if wireless data is unknowingly disabled there is no indication of such until you exit from the Route Planner. Can this simple inconvenience be improved? It just needs the standard progress circle/ Notification Center to still be displayed so the error message can be viewed.
  •