Locus Map Gold is too dark

Started by Wole, June 12, 2021, 16:08:19

JackRussel

Quote from: JackRussel on July 16, 2021, 22:39:14
Therefore I will delete Locus and after a new installation I will try a original profil and preferences without my old profil.
No success. Only new and clean LM4 without personal data.

On my Samung I have maked the wipe cache partition and then optimze apps. I tried Always on Display off. "All" energy saving modes off.
No Success.

Where is the difference between LM3 and LM4 ? No idea.
  •  

Wole

LM 4 has a possibility to switch between dark mode light, system etc.

LM 3 not. Is here the problem?
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, thanks for testing. It does not make too much sense to me to be true. I also test the app on the S7 and no problem so far. Also, Samsung devices are the most used so there should be a lot more people with this problem.

Does this happen with a completely fresh new install of the LM4? Does a day/night theme (settings in the app "Controlling > Display") have any effect? Aren't you both using any app that should save power or reduce brightness?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Wole

At first: I don't believe that JackRussel and I are the only members with this problem.

I tested several Samsungs, all the same problem. The Problem can't be another app. My S 10 +  reseted and installed only LM 4 and LM 3. Result: LM 3 super, LM 4 bad.

With the Dark mode I played, no better result.

The Question: Why not problems with LM 3? If another app would be the reason, why only with LM 4?
  •  

JackRussel

Quote from: Menion on July 19, 2021, 06:47:00
Does this happen with a completely fresh new install of the LM4? Does a day/night theme (settings in the app "Controlling > Display") have any effect? Aren't you both using any app that should save power or reduce brightness?
Hi Menion,

Complete fresh and new install. See Replay #15.

Theme day/night/daylight/system settings have no effect.

No power saving oder brightness apps are installed.

All power saving preferences in Samsung 20 are disabled.

Thanks a lot. But I don´t understand, that me and wole are all users with problems.

P.S.:

My S20 FE 5G is new, 2 1/2 month old.

I noticed the problem after 14 days, as of purchase.
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Wole

•  

JackRussel

•  

jonny.blue

Ohh ... I always thought this missing brightness while sunny weather is a problem of my S10.
But today I checked brightness without LM 4 running ... and yes, incredible: my mobile is much more better to read.
Switched LM4 on ... and mobile gets darker after a short while.

Next step is installing 'old' LM pro to see the difference ...
  •  

Wole

Quote from: jonny.blue on July 19, 2021, 21:11:22
Ohh ... I always thought this missing brightness while sunny weather is a problem of my S10.
But today I checked brightness without LM 4 running ... and yes, incredible: my mobile is much more better to read.
Switched LM4 on ... and mobile gets darker after a short while.

Next step is installing 'old' LM pro to see the difference ...

Hi jonny-blue, welcome in the club. You are number 3, and the rest??
  •  

Wole

Hi Menion,
here is the next member with the problem: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7417.msg64482#msg64482

He will not be the last. Most members probably only use LM 4 and don't see the difference to LM 3.
  •  

jonny.blue

Hi Menion ... maybe it's unbelievable but true. 😳

Now at home I placed my mobil and a (good) digital cam on tripod and took a photo of the same area with exactly the same conditions.

The result is astonishing: LM4 is much more (not only a little bit) darker than old Pro version.

Although I love using LM4 ... my next trip outside is with Pro.😰

I hope you can find a reason ... or a way to detect this problem.
  •  

Holger

QuoteAlso, Samsung devices are the most used so there should be a lot more people with this problem.
Google translate !
That's a very arrogant statement as I find. Not every Locus user is in the forum and not everyone can English. And many just wait.
I also tested Locus 4 - on a Samsung Note9 with Android 10 - and had the same problem. These mistakes and other things allow me to use Locu Map Pro again.
QuoteDoes this happen with a completely fresh new install of the LM4?
Yes, Sir!
QuoteDoes a day/night theme (settings in the app "Controlling > Display") have any effect? Aren't you both using any app that should save power or reduce brightness?
No, Sir! Between LMPRO and LM4 I have not made a change in the settings.
LMP and LM4 are both excluded from the energy management. And I do not use principle the dark mode, but maximum brightness. It is too stupid to buy an OLED and then reduce brightness and resolution to a TFT.

Reminds me of the big software manufacturers. If one reports to those a problem is always the user guilt! Although the problem occurs after an update and gets away after a backup  >:(.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi all,
today I found time to do some testing:
1) turn brightness to max manually
2) start LMP and LM4 on a S10 and Tab S6 light, both on Android 11
3) go to same area on same map (vector, MF4 (OAM))
4) set screen timeout to 10 mins
5) observe
Both apps show the same behaviour - no dimming before the screen timeout of Android kicks in.
Then there is some dimming, and soon after the screen goes black.
Tap in the dimming phase will bring back full light.
Above was with "Always on" switched off.
6) switch on Locus "Always on"
7) set screen timeout to 15 sec
8) wait - forever (to have screen dim/blacken)
9) switch off Locus "Always on" - dim/blacken after 15 sec.
That's just my 2 Samsung devices - seems there are differences to other experiences.
Cheers
Michael

•  

jonny.blue

today I found time to do some testing

You did the test in the direct full sunlight?
Only then the effect occurs ...
  •