Web planner / portal

Started by Menion, February 12, 2021, 20:32:44

freischneider

Quote from: sbouju on May 21, 2021, 07:53:23
Hi  :)
Trying Locus and some settings on my (little...) Jelly Pro, I loosed the menu button and the lower bar...
So, no access to the settings again... How to recover?
You are here in the web planner. The best thing to do is to contact the helpdesk.
https://help.locusmap.eu/
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Andrew Heard

Quote from: sbouju on May 21, 2021, 07:53:23
I loosed the menu button and the lower bar...
@sbouju - off topic of Web planner / portal?

do you have different presets - maybe one has settings to bring back the menu - this is my workaround, otherwise view https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/24537-lm4-1-update-missing-menue-button#comment-97646
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

janaton

@Andrew Heard, lor74cas
Yes, we know, this is kind of tradeoff. Web planner is not intended only for planning but also for exploring. When you are in exploring mode, you do not want accidentally click into map and start routing. We plan to add separate tab for the browsing later so it will be obvious if you are in planning (plan tab) or exploring  (explore tab).

@lor74cas
Expanding and collapsing waypoints - is it still happening? I can not reproduce it (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)

Žajdlík Josef

Greetings Janaton,
If you view the last record in the folder and press the button to return to the folder content, the latest records are displayed. Wouldn't it be better if the most recently viewed? It is unpleasant to scroll to the end of the list.

CZ: Zdravím Janatone,
pokud si prohlížím poslední záznam ve složce a stisknu tlačítko pro návrat do obsahu složky, zobrazí se nejnovější záznamy. Nebylo by lepší, kdyby se zobrazily ty nejbližší naposledy prohlížené? Je nepříjemné pořád rolovat na konec seznamu.
  •  

Franky123

Is it possible to create an account in the web app? Because i see only a login button but no link to create a new account?
Or is this feature still on wishlist?
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Franky123 on May 26, 2021, 22:41:07
Is it possible to create an account in the web app?
@Franky123 the account is linked to your existing LM4 app account, use the same username/ password. It therefore makes no sense to be able to create a new account.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Little bug.  Going cross-country (using the zig-zag icon) doesn't record any elevation gain.  On the Android, this works as expected.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

lor74cas

Quote from: janaton on May 26, 2021, 09:14:40

@lor74cas
Expanding and collapsing waypoints - is it still happening? I can not reproduce it (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
now it works fine, but meanwhile there was an update of chrome browser on ubuntu lts 20.04
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

habanr

I like the concept of a trip planning on a PC, but so far the Planner is almost useless for me. The reasons are:
1) There is no GPX import.
2) There is no function to edit already saved track. Editing the name and description of existing track is not enough.

Is there any ETA when these functions are implemented?
Thank you...
  •  

janaton

@Žajdík Josef
You are right, there is already ticket for this to improve. If nothing urgent jumps in I should implement this within next 4 weeks.

@Franky123
Creating account from Web planner is not possible right now. We plan to add it but it is not the priority for us ... so not ETA here.

@Viajero Perdido
Yes, this should be improved. But, we will probably only load elevation for waypoints .... so no elevation profile between will be calculated (difference from the app). Will this be big issue for you? This manual routing is meant as "fallback" solution when you can not use standard routing.

@lor74cas
Thanks.

@habanr
1) GPX import - this is planned but currently no ETA
2) Editing saved track - I am working on it right now. I believe that next week it could be live ;)

Žajdlík Josef

You need to add districts for the names to the search list. I was looking for Kyjov in the Hodonín district, but I don't know how to know which it is. At the same time, it is a big city and the first list is a small village.

Viajero Perdido

"Will this be a big issue for you?"

It would mean, elevation gain isn't correct if going cross-country (zig-zag icon), meaning I would reach for the mobile app instead for planning.

I go cross-country a lot.  Example: scrambling up a steep hill from one trail to another.  Or, taking a trail partway up a mountain, then scrambling to the summit.  Both would undercount the elevation gain.
  •  

WujTom

1) Is there an option planned to add waypoints with their own names so that they are displayed in the Locus afterwards?
2) Is it planned to export the route so that there are points added, e.g. a museum, a shop, but without maneuvering, turn right or left?
  •  

chrisjk

Is there a map legend somewhere for the map the planner uses?
  •  

WujTom

Is it possible for hiking and cycling routes to be displayed on a larger map scale?
Currently, you need a lot of zoom to see them on the map.

When planning a route for hundreds or thousands of kilometers (e.g. a bicycle trip) it is very impractical to use such a large magnification if you want to check whether the marked route coincides with the public trail.
  •