[APP] - version 4.1.+ ( 4. 5. 2021 )

Started by Menion, May 04, 2021, 11:53:33

K0nsch

Hello,

since version 4.1.1 I have the problem that when I activate navigation, a new row on the top of the navigation information appears, which was not in 4.1.0.

When I click on it, the icon on the left hand side changes, but the information is still the same "Unbekannte Straße" (engl. Unknown road). The information never changes.

This plus the bar which already existed, steal a lot of usable space from my screen and annoys me every time I use the navigation.

As mentioned in this thread https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7308.msg62952#msg62952 I already asked to have the opinion to disable the top navigation information bars. Now you added one more   ;D

Is there a chance to get rid of the "Unknown Street"-thing?

Thanks a lot,

Jascha

Andrew Heard

Quote from: K0nsch on May 27, 2021, 16:41:30
When I click on it, the icon on the left hand side changes, but the information is still the same "Unbekannte Straße" (engl. Unknown road). The information never changes.

This plus the bar which already existed, steal a lot of usable space from my screen and annoys me every time I use the navigation.
@K0nsch - I've always disliked the wasted top line too, especially for "Unknown road", maybe create a help topic @ https://help.locusmap.eu for voting? Even the 2nd line from the top could become hidden via a new setting. Most other items on the map can now be hidden, and via presets, so there a precedent/ hope for further improved UX ;-)
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Fully agree. There already is such an option for guidance, but Menion did not implement it for navigation.

And guys, I'd like to remind you about my idea to optionally hide the big navigation icon at all.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/option-to-not-show-the-top-left-navigation-arrow-boxes

Menion are you still planning to make changes on point and trackscreen? Especially in pointscreen, the relevant info (for me) is placed at the bottom (date/time).
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

The "progress" of the Cloud Sync progress bar jumps in very big increments. Often it will be just sit on 0%, long delay, ~70%, long delay, 100%. It could be more useful. It appears the "progress" is simply a percentage of the #"tasks" (point push, point, pull, point delete, track push, track pull, track delete") completed. It would be more attractive & better diagnostics for the bar to represent to #bytes / total estimate #bytes.

I'm sure the description underneath the bar is not always correct too. On the last sync the 1st "description" was "deleting points" then a long delay.  However when I checked activity there were no point delete operations, just 1 x track pull delete & 6 x track pushes - see attached screen cap.
  •  

Quote from: tapio on May 28, 2021, 09:52:56
And guys, I'd like to remind you about my idea to optionally hide the big navigation icon at all.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/option-to-not-show-the-top-left-navigation-arrow-boxes

Find similar subject proposals next:

- "UI design" Subject: Optimize map display through transparent panels.
https://forum.kurviger.de/t/app-navigation-ui-design/5369/76?u=0709

- "showing two dashes in the absence of a street name"
https://forum.kurviger.de/t/app-display-street-name/4606/21?u=0709

In Locus replace the annoying "Unknown street"message  by discrete  - -
By transparent panels: Hardly disturbing and the UI remains nicely sleek and stable.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5

lor74cas

Upsidedown

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Hennes

Guys,

There are 2 features that I am currently missing. Maybe they are hidden somewhere in the menu. I don't know.

In the old Locus Pro when I clicked somewhere on the track there was this small pop up with some information about the track. Especially the information about the distance from the start and the distance to the end was shown.

Now with the new menu I don't see this information. I can guess the approximate distance when I look at the elevation profile but that's all.

In the small elevation diagram the current position is marked with a vertical line. That's good. But when you maximize the elevation diagram this line disappears and you don't know where you are. That is a bit annoying.

•  

Tapio

Quote from: Hennes on May 30, 2021, 11:05:56In the old Locus Pro when I clicked somewhere on the track there was this small pop up with some information about the track. Especially the information about the distance from the start and the distance to the end was shown.
Because that is "track information". You want information about a specific point - tap the bottom left icon. The information you need is unfortunately at the bottom.
There is also an improvement. In the top of that point screen you now see (if you are navigating) the distance from current position to the point "on track". Not direct line.

QuoteIn the small elevation diagram the current position is marked with a vertical line. That's good. But when you maximize the elevation diagram this line disappears and you don't know where you are. That is a bit annoying.

Yes: and that's a bug I think, has to be reported. Maybe already has been, I read it somewhere.
  •  

Tapio

Rejoice, it's christmas 😁
Menion wrote:

"Hi guys,

in the next Locus Map 4 version, in the Expert settings will be for testing purpose option to hide all navigation panels like you may see on the screenshot.
'Primary navigation symbol' offer now also small size and option to completely hide. In both new cases, new small button appears above track recording button with access to main navigation menu."
  •  

Axel D

The test version 4.1.1.1 is only valid till tomorrow, 1st of june. Is there another version coming?
Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold

Andrew Heard

@menion - the message that 4.1.1.1 beta has expired & reverted to Locus Map FREE is only displayed for a fraction of a second. I hope sorted in < 24 hours.
  •  

Tapio

Despite the notification, it still works as a full version..., so we can lean back 😊

Andrew Heard

@menion a question regards the Route Planner: when I plan my own route then drag up from bottom, the Elevation Profile, Way Types & Surfaces are displayed. But when I import a GPX (PS. or my own recorded track), only the Elevation Profile is displayed. Why is that? Can it be improved? A friend sent a proposed cycle route but I have no easy way to check how much is on unsealed roads. I could create my own route based on the imported GPX track but for a 200km track that is a quite long winded process. I've become too reliant on the power of the new Route Planner!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Locus team,
I think I read a reply from Locus team some time ago that Sonny's LIDAR data would be used for downloads into the local app data storage (folder srtm). From a discussion and test (based on 3.5.1) yesterday I concluded I should test with LM4, too. And I found that the 3" SRTM data is used (2.5 MB file) rather than Sonny's fine grane LIDAR data (1").
Can you pls. clarify?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Trackpoint screen, jump buttons.

Currently:
Short tap middle buttons: +/- 1 tp
Short tap outer buttons: +/- 1 waypoint or begin/end
Long tap middle buttons: +/- 10 tp (automove)
Long tap outer buttons: +/- 1 waypoint (automove) or begin/end

Tiny Suggestion:
Long tap outer buttons: goto begin/end.

I think the automatic skipping to next WP is rather redundant and not expected here. Being able to quickly jump to the ends is more useful.