Locus Map - cloud/sync server

Started by Menion, September 08, 2020, 13:06:05

JohnCNA

I just got started with 4.0.2 and have some questions and/or observations.

Using on both my phone and tablet.

I create a list and populate it with waypoints.
The list syncs to my other device but the setting on the waypoints on the second device is "hide all" even though they were set to "display all" on the originating device.
  •  

Andrew Heard

JohnCNA - there has been lots of forum discussion on this topic & was decided object visibility sync'ing is not performed. You are observing correct behavior. ie. visibility remains independent on each sync'd device. (I'm just a user, not associated with Locus)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Andrew Heard

4.0.2 caused me lots of grief, but 4.0.2.1 beta resolved the issues.

On my primary track & point creation device I do get very concerned when I see lots of progress saying "deleting..."
id: 15eb32dd-3c20-455f-acec-6eb953c42ef8
start: 11 Apr., 09:19
end: 11 Apr., 09:19
changesSince: 1 Jan., 11:00

plan:
  operation POINT_GROUP, pull: 0, pullDelete: 35, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation TRACK_GROUP, pull: 0, pullDelete: 23, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation       POINT, pull: 0, pullDelete: 332, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation       TRACK, pull: 5, pullDelete: 126, push: 0, pushDelete: 0

35+23+332+126 deletes? Really? The last manual sync was only a week ago & since then only 4 tracks created. After the sync I couldn't find any point or track deletions. After some more testing sync seems stable again thanks but my suggestions from yesterday of ways to improve the information displayed during progress & on completion in a summary still stand.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

zossebart

I unfortunately have problems with the sync. After installation of the first official version of LM4, I imported my database from LM3 backup, and manually synced it to the web. It took several days (sic!) to get this through (I have a relatively large track- and point-database). It seems that whenever the connection was interrupted (bad WIFI or no WIFI because I left the house), the sync started from scratch the next time WIFI was available. However, after some days, I managed to fully sync over night (might have been luck because normally ther is the forced dsl reconnect at night).

From now on, I thought, only changes (new tracks etc...) in the database would have to be synced. However, Locus seems to try to sync my whole database again for example after I recorded a track! Also, it behaves like the first sync and starts anew after connection losses. This morning it was at 96% when I had to leave the house for work, now it's starting again from the beginning :-(
What also puzzles me is that it is DOWNLOADING points and tracks from the web and not UPLOADING my new items.
Is this intended behaviour? If it was, I would have to disable sync I fear, because I normally don't have a stable WIFI over several hours everytime I add a track or point! So please tell me this is a bug and it can somehow be solved.
  •  

janaton

@zossebart It is really hard to answer without knowing details. Please, create a support ticket on our help desk (https://help.locusmap.eu/) so we can investigate further.

Anyway, when you have large database it will definitely take some time to sync it (sync speed should be ~30k items / hour). Only changed items are synced. So when synchronization is interrupted  it does not start from the beginning but continues from where it stopped.
  •  

zossebart

I wanted to create ticket on helpdesk this morning, but can't reproduce any more. Did you change anything on your side?
If the problem should occur again, I will create a ticket.
  •  

janaton

There was no change on our side that I am aware of. Please, let us know with more details when you are experiencing this issue again.
  •  

Is cloud sync planned for map items (calibrated maps especially) and/or offline maps? Our maybe it is already there but I can't find it?
  •  

janaton

Hello 2012, cloud sync of map items and offline maps is not planned at the moment and I do not think that we will consider adding this in the near future.
  •