[APP] - version 4.1.+ ( 4. 5. 2021 )

Started by Menion, May 04, 2021, 11:53:33

Menion

And because of the new interesting crash that appears with a new version for a few users, new versions 3.52.1/4.1.1just published.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

CabrioTourer42

In track list. When clicking on a track the new track screen is on the bottom. At the top there is a small window which shows the map and the track.
This works when the track is marked as visible. When the track is not visible the upper window doesn't show the track and even doesn't show the map.

Just a sidenote. Because the window is so small is more or less impossible to do something useful as zoom in/out etc. That's why I dont see a need for a dedicated button to switch to the main map.
It would be more logical if every click into the window switches to main map.(As in the past)
A better solution would be to make the window much larger and keep the Button but I think it's a too big change.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

CabrioTourer42

Sorry I missed something.
Where I can find the new Version? Beta links still points to V4. 0.
On Google Play it's 4.1.0
  •  

CabrioTourer42

The bug I mentioned above is already fixed in 4.1.1.
Thanks!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Cabrio, the track details screen when coming from the track manager is technically something different. More of a static window like it was before, but stylistically now like the new track screen you refer to. Menion said it's limited, don't expect changes there.

Just in case you missed it: you know if, in track manager, when you tap on the map preview it directly goes to map view and shows the track?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

sbouju

Quote from: Menion on May 06, 2021, 20:11:57
And because of the new interesting crash that appears with a new version for a few users, new versions 3.52.1/4.1.1just published.
Thank you a lot, as I found it too at APKPure this morning, bored with my GooglePlay app not working at all on my One+ 6T...!  :)
  •  

d1039532

Quote from: Menion on May 06, 2021, 10:13:38
@d1039532
The missing "delete" button is an ugly side-effect of different changes. Thanks, will be solved in the next version. For now, you may tap on the back button on the main map screen. In the popup is an option to stop or immediately delete the current recording.

Now (4.1.1 version) there is another problem: when you close the recording, often the window for saving is no longer shown
  •  

freischneider

I have 2 crashes today when editing a track.
And several times the screen is black for 30s.
Click on the track on map. Then the new track screen opens. Select Track Modify. Then it will be blurry, then black and then Locu stops responding.
Maybe you will see something. Id a1d4a233d1
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@CabrioTourer42
you were too fast. The app is available on Google Play usually after 1-2 hours after I upload it. Sometimes even later ...

@sbojuju
it is not needed to use ApkPure. Usually, I upload the latest version to our Google Drive: http://bit.ly/lmVersions

@d1039532
are you sure that your recording profile has disabled "auto-save"?

@fresichneider
for my own surprise, I see probably both of your stucks. One clearly happened in the "Track editor" screen, the second is too generic. Anyway, in both cases, the app probably did too much work. Why this? Aren't you editing track "Around the world in 40 days"?  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Quote from: Menion on May 07, 2021, 22:42:13

@sbojuju
it is not needed to use ApkPure. Usually, I upload the latest version to our Google Drive: http://bit.ly/lmVersions

But (may be) only the "normal" stable versions?
  •  

freischneider

@fresichneider
for my own surprise, I see probably both of your stucks. One clearly happened in the "Track editor" screen, the second is too generic. Anyway, in both cases, the app probably did too much work. Why this? Aren't you editing track "Around the world in 40 days"?  :)
The route was only 45 km with the MTB. There were 7 track points stored. We already had that a few months ago. And then it was not since. Hope it disappears quickly. Soon I have a faster phone, maybe that brings something. Samsung S8 is no longer the fastest.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  I may have had a race condition while syncing tracks; both devices on 4.1.1.

• Created a track by importing a KML, save.
  • Oops, tweak visual parameters (line style), save.  It syncs.
  • On second device, see track has arrived.
  • Oops, tweak visual parameters, save.
  • Notice it's syncing every few minutes, while I'm doing nothing more than browsing the map.  After each sync, report says it pushed a track.  I had the sense it might go on forever.  (First device unavailable, possibly asleep.)
  • Tweaked visual parameters again on second device.  Syncs once or twice, and stops, aah.  :)
  •  

d1039532

@d1039532
are you sure that your recording profile has disabled "auto-save"?

Yes, auto-save is disabled and I tried it on two different phones

•  

Andrew Heard

4.1.1 Route Planner/ Navigation itinerary inconsistency: refer to attached test GPX file. The simple test route is along a single road "Buckland Rd" as correctly displayed on the map. But track details > dot-dot-dot > More > Itinerary > displays "No waypoints in this track" whereas Navigation along the route > Itinerary lists four (4) "unknown streets".

I would have attached a screen cap from the Route Planner but only 4 files per post allowed, but you get the idea.

• Navigation > Itinerary - 4 turn instructions are correct, but the road should be Buckland Rd
  • track details > Itinerary - why is nothing listed? At very least I would have thought "Buckland Rd" is appropriate, but even better would be same list as Navigation > Itinerary instead of different information in different places
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@sbojuju
"normal stable versions" > do not understand. Under the mentioned link should be available public versions, so yes, probably what you mean - "normal stable versions". Beta versions are under the different link mentioned in my signature.

@freischneider
S8 is perfectly fine. I still test the app on S7 and it should work without problems on even slower devices.

@Viajero Perdido
sync race > eh, what to say ... seems that after every change, your device gets a notification to sync again, weird.

@d1039532
On your video, there is nothing to save. You clicked on the "stop" button when track has less then 2 points ...

@Andrew Heard
the little surprising combination caused by testing and not the real-world experience :) ... what you did is simple: the created route is really short and leads along a single road.
Result? No navigation commands = no waypoints! When you then start navigation, Locus Map detects no navigation commands and uses an internal app generator to generate commands based on the route shape! These are commands you see in the itinerary during navigation.
  •