[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

lor74cas

Quote from: slarti76 on April 20, 2021, 10:54:47
Quote from: lor74cas on April 20, 2021, 09:47:14
I like the way they calculate the ETA, it's something Locus (app and web) needs to improve.
I'm not sure what they're doing there, but nobody, really nobody who regularly hikes or bikes would think in this way. The usual way to think is "300m up/hour, 500m down/hour", something like that. I don't know how many meters I have to go forward while going 1m up? And then measure this with 2 decimal places (1m up is 7.92m forward)???
Maybe a nice UI, but please no such nonsense in Locus. Perhaps you can calculate well with these inputs, but your result will be as bad as your input is.
It is certainly a calculation method that not everyone knows, but this does not mean that it should be considered incorrect or unusable. I find it valid and I use it too albeit in a much more crude way with good results.
D distance measured in km (10 km)
A positive gain in meters (100 meters)
V equivalent flat distance in km
P pace on flat (5.30 min@km)
T estimated time
V = D + A / 100 = 10 + 100/100 = 11
T = V / P = 11 * 5.5 = 60.5 = 1h 0m 30sec
The method used on the site is much more refined, I compared it to my routes and times that I know and I find it very precise, it was enough for me to just set the speed on the flat and I already got an estimate time that differs from real time by 5 min over 1h 30min
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Tapio

Well there are various even "official" formula for eta calculation. I remember there is one used officially in Switzerland for eta shown on signs at the hiking routes.
Maybe Locus should allow to pick from some formulas, and allow to enter user defined values for some variables.

Bug?
I think the GPX export files are not as they should be. They do not contain speed. I know they don't have to, but it's existing at recording time, useful and Locus says it includes speed, see attachment.
E. g. useful when doing post analysis and not having to calculate speed.

GPX 1.1 trackpoint from Locus:
Quote<trkpt lat="51.4403786" lon="8.1434328">
   <ele>318.73</ele>
   <time>2021-04-18T06:01:19.797Z</time>
   <hdop>6.54</hdop>
   <extensions>
      <gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
         <gpxtpx:course>44.764065</gpxtpx:course>
      </gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
   </extensions>
</trkpt>

GPX1.0 trackpoint equivalent from Locus:
Quote<trkpt lat="51.4403786" lon="8.1434328">
   <ele>318.73</ele>
   <time>2021-04-18T06:01:19.797Z</time>
   <course>44.764</course>
   <hdop>6.54</hdop>
</trkpt>
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Hi.  I'm having some trouble with auto-download of LoRouter Offline data in beta 4.0.2.3 with Gold.

• I noticed the files in Locus/router/segments4 (internal storage) are all dated 8 days ago.  I've got it set for 7 days auto-update, and when I check manually for updates (without OK), it says there are many, a mix of patch and new.
  • Tried changing to 4 days, waiting, exiting, restarting, planning a route.  Still no automatic update.  Nothing in notification centre.  Then I noticed, changing auto-update to any setting leaves it at 7 days.
I guess this belongs here, since I'm using the beta.  Thanks.  :)
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
I use it quite a lot to be true. In areas I know, it is nice to simply let the app decide where to go without the need to think too much about it. Anyway, the current system is based on the GraphHopper online service and this does not have an idea about user preferences. This may be improved later in our own solution, but it will really take some time.

Anyway good point > I do not have exact numbers, how much is this feature really used.

@tapio
Speed is included only in case, it is measured by any sensor. In case, it is measured by GPS or mainly computed from coordinates, it is not (and should not) be included.

@Viajero Perdido
weird problem with auto-update. Are you using automatic backup? Does it work? It uses the same system.
And change leaves at 7 days > you click on for example 4 days,, but it still remains in the UI visible as 7 days? Weird.
Anyway 7 days or 8 days, timing is not precise, so a day is delay is not a big problem, but should not happen.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: lor74cas on April 20, 2021, 08:03:45
ROUND TRIP:
Unless real utility can be found for this feature, integrating it with the options I wrote above (and all the complications of the case), it should be removed, useful and solid functionality better than things like this that do nothing but generate doubts in users.
@lor74cas I disagree on this aspect - although I doubt I'd use it much, I don't see that as a reason to remove it. In my limited desktop testing the results were interesting and within expectations.

The "generate" icon on the LHS (see screen cap) links to/ selects, the Locus navigation profile, so I assume this provides some degree of configuration to meet the desire of the user?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Tapio

While I record a track, and tap on it on the map, nothing happens. Can't remember: is it intended?
  •  

lor74cas

I added a kml file to test this https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7340.msg63239#msg63239
But after testing the hide button did not work, not in the map items folder and not in the map items menu, all buttons switched to "hide" but the tiles were still there. I tried to zoom in and out, nothing to do, closed Locus and reopened it worked.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

freischneider

I open a route in the track administration. Then I say in the route planner open. After that I have to search the route on the map. The route planner is not centered in the route range.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Maybe I shouldn't have set up LM4 by restoring settings from Pro?

Looks like I do have Auto Backup enabled (via the restored settings; I haven't touched this), slider says Enabled, every 3 days, 5 files, cloud box unchecked, "No path defined".  But folder Locus/backup/auto contains only older files with "Locus_Map_Pro" in the name, weeks old (before I stopped using Pro).  In other words, auto backup doesn't seem to be working either.

My router files are now 9 days old vs the 7 days setting which I can't change.  And yes, immediately after I change the setting, to anything, there's a beta popup (always "Pref KEY_I_BRH_AUTO_UPDATE_FREQUENCY3, setValue"), after which it then always shows "7 days" in red in the LoRouter Offline dialog.

Maybe there's some invisible cruft in my settings?  Those settings have a long history, and sometimes I've had to fix up invalid folders in red when jumping devices.  But not recently, and not (I don't think) when migrating Pro to LM4.  My "Default directories" dialog in both is clean, all default.

I'll turn on logging and see if anything jumps out. (No.)

Update: my tablet (same beta version) has the same problem, except it's stuck on "month".  I remember I'd chosen "month" for the tablet and "7 days" for the phone earlier, and now can't change that setting on either.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 21, 2021, 00:53:24
Hi.  I'm having some trouble with auto-download of LoRouter Offline data in beta 4.0.2.3 with Gold.

• I noticed the files in Locus/router/segments4 (internal storage) are all dated 8 days ago.  I've got it set for 7 days auto-update, and when I check manually for updates (without OK), it says there are many, a mix of patch and new.
  • Tried changing to 4 days, waiting, exiting, restarting, planning a route.  Still no automatic update.  Nothing in notification centre.  Then I noticed, changing auto-update to any setting leaves it at 7 days.
I guess this belongs here, since I'm using the beta.  Thanks.  :)
My segments are all from 11.04.2021. I set every 4 days. So they are overdue.
  •  

CabrioTourer42

My segments are dated 04/15 with update time set to 4 days.
I noticed Akku "Optimizer" for Locus was enabled. I disabled it and will check again in 5 days.
This "Optimizer" are always a mess. I think it's related to this. See https://dontkillmyapp.com/
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: CabrioTourer42 on April 21, 2021, 22:53:39
My segments are dated 04/15 with update time set to 4 days.
I noticed Akku "Optimizer" for Locus was enabled. I disabled it and will check again in 5 days.
This "Optimizer" are always a mess. I think it's related to this. See https://dontkillmyapp.com/
No, it's not because of the battery optimization. I have not optimized the Locus battery.
The automatic backup works. So it must be something else.
  •  

Tapio

I think it may already have been mentioned: even though Locus Map uses Day mode UI, the auto generated track previews are dark grey/appear to be in night mode (which my Android is running in). I always have to refresh them. Recording is triggered by an intent.
  •  

Menion

@tapio
The tap on the currently recording track never did anything, this is expected.

Dark preview of the tracks : you mean the small preview in the list of tracks? Never noticed such problem.

@lor74cas
Problem with KML is a really really really old problem, check this topic. Quite hard for me to solve it, so ...

@fresichneider
Incorrect zoom/center of the map when opening track in route planner from the track manager > got it, thanks

@Viajero Perdido
hmm, restoring the settings may cause some mess regards auto-backup, you are probably correct. And re-setup of these values again in LM4 does not help?

The problem with auto-updates, mainly the popup you see, is more interesting. Do you have an active gold subscription? Because this error may appear only in case, Gold is not valid. But without gold, these settings should not be available at all ... weird. Anyway because of this is also change not stored.

---

Anyway I think I've found small issue that may cause that routing data are not updated ... so next version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

slarti76

I bought a new bluetooth button for my bike and set the correct button codes in the expert settings. Works fine, I can zoom with the button, switch map centering on/off and rotation. However, if map centering is not on, rotation has no effect. Well, the compass icon appears, but it just points north. This state (compass icon shown, but centering button is white inside) cannot be reached with manual taps, as far as I can see.

I think this was discussed before, some people would like to see rotation even without centering. I tend to agree, but even if the result of the discussion was "No", then at least the compass icon shouldn't be shown in the above situation.

PS: In the expert settings for the HW buttons, it says "Map centering on/off". But the actual action is only "Center map". I mean, nothing is turned on, it just centers the map once. Shouldn't this set "Hold map center"? I would much prefer that for my button, perhaps it can be added?
  •