[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

Tapio

In a tracks context, the possibility to create embedded waypoints is needed and expected here (by me at least).
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

sbouju

Is there another way to see its track on the screen than by turning on its recording?
  •  

luce

In new track screen, when I tap the right arrow (1) to get to the full screen elevation diagram, then tap a position inside the diagram (2) and then tap "show selected position on map" (3), nothing happens.
  •  

freischneider

When opening the new track screen, Locu crashes.
I click on the map on the track and then crashes Locu.
This only happens on certain tracks.
Similarities of tracks the crashes:
All have the same track style and activity MTB. A track with the same style but activity hiking does not crash.
Tracks with activity MTB and other styles do not crash.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on April 11, 2021, 07:43:12
The right arrows are a bit confusing, feel like "next track" etc... has always been confusing IMO, aren't there better symbols?
For me it is clear that there is even more information. Once click on it and then you know it too.
In the beginning I thought it is just the date. But the arrow is more intended for the information underneath.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on April 11, 2021, 07:52:21
In a tracks context, the possibility to create embedded waypoints is needed and expected here (by me at least).
I've also always been arguing for adding that to the Track Editor, but Menion doesn't seem to believe in adding waypoints to tracks once they finished recording ;)
Would be happy to be wrong, though... :)
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: slarti76 on April 11, 2021, 15:37:27
I've also always been arguing for adding that to the Track Editor, but Menion doesn't seem to believe in adding waypoints to tracks once they finished recording ;)
Do I understand correctly. You want to make a waypoint to a track point. I do not desert for what. Do you have an example?

But what I think about the track point. I create many track points (per language). To maintain OSM later. After uploading, I delete them all again. But I always have to select and delete each one individually (delete also confirm). Please make all selectable.

The problem is, I often switched the point notification and there you can not deselect the track points. This is already a problem when creating with switched point notification. Tasker creates the point per language and Locus recognizes the point immediately and says he is within reach.
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
You wrote that the point screen does not close when swiping down? Can't confirm. Anyone same problem? Btw. does it happen for the screen above the map? Because when you tap on the point in the list of points, the full-screen window is visible and this can't be removed by this gesture.

Crash when tapping a track: log should be really useful here, thanks.

Improvements in the list of waypoints is planned. As you may notice, I firstly try to make perfect the first initial screen. All screens with details are only copies of the old tabs (chart, waypoints, laps). Once the first page will be perfect, we may discuss other sub-pages.

@tapio
thanks. You have a privilege and I've added this task to around top 20 tasks I want to focus on for now ;).

Waypoint list: useless? Why? Maybe you start to use different icons for track waypoints  ;)

Alignment of text: I see only a problem with the "walking icon". What else is there a problem in this case of very long texts? And suggestions on how to do it better?

"Right arrows": I never had a problem with them, but if you have better idea for an icon with "Show me more", give it to me :)

Back from trackpoint: as I wrote to slarti76 below. You do not see the "right arrow" icon in the trackpoint detail right next to the track?

@slarti76
Trigger sync when turning auto-sync on: good point, thanks

Track screen
- selectable title? Eh, ble. Just open "edit" when you need to copy it.
- description below the title is currently not ideal. What you need most at the top is definitely a chart. I do not consider one small swipe up to reveal description as a problem.
- customization is the last step, as usually
- crossing lines on the chart. Nice idea. Not sure if doable, I'll look at it
- back from the trackpoint: there already is a visible panel with parent track and the right arrow button takes you back

Sync problem
I've stoped manual sync, edited the name of the single track, and computed the plan. Result: 1 "push".
So better steps to reproduce your problem are needed here, sorry.

@luce
Working slide up/down when working with the chart: I've noticed this as well. it will be an interesting problem.

Full-screen chart: ah, thanks. I would like to convert this old chart system to the new one (used on the first new track screen page). Uff, big task ...

@Andrew Heard
- dark search text in settings > I know. Some system problem I'm still unable to solve :/.
- return to the root of settings after screen on/off. This is on the second side my own problem that requires a more complicated solution and I still do not consider this as a big problem, so ... thanks for understanding.

@sbouju
May you please write your question in detail? Unfortunately, it's not clear at least to me, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

sbouju

Quote from: Menion on April 11, 2021, 20:40:05
@sbouju
May you please write your question in detail? Unfortunately, it's not clear at least to me, thanks.
I can try...
When I move, I can see on the map where I am (=where the cursor is), but I see nothing where I was just before... Is a kind of "snail trail" available without launching the record the track recording (where this snail trail is, in this case...)?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: freischneider on April 11, 2021, 17:19:52
Quote from: slarti76 on April 11, 2021, 15:37:27
Do I understand correctly. You want to make a waypoint to a track point. I do not desert for what. Do you have an example?
Well, "Waypoints" tab is part of all tracks. I use them all the time to mark special points and events during a recording. Same could be "general" POIs like "Restaurant", but some like "took off crampons here" are specific to the track. So waypoints make a lot of sense. And sometimes you forget them during recording, but you would like to add them later. While you can do that in the waypoint tab, they now don't have a timestamp anymore, which in cases like my example above are of interest. So adding a waypoint directly to a (timestamped) trackpoint makes a lot of sense. And from reading the threads here, I'm not the only one wishing for this...

QuoteBut what I think about the track point. I create many track points (per language). To maintain OSM later. After uploading, I delete them all again. But I always have to select and delete each one individually (delete also confirm). Please make all selectable.
Agreed.

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on April 11, 2021, 20:40:05
@slarti76
Track screen
- selectable title? Eh, ble. Just open "edit" when you need to copy it.
Yeah, OK. Copying (potentially longish) description was much more important, thx for that.

Quote- description below the title is currently not ideal. What you need most at the top is definitely a chart. I do not consider one small swipe up to reveal description as a problem.
See your point. Still, please consider the "2 lines, can be expanded with extra click". Description could be very long and then the pull-up screen would also be very long here.

Quote- customization is the last step, as usually
Sure thing, take your time. Was just writing down everything that came to mind about the new screen.

Quote- back from the trackpoint: there already is a visible panel with parent track and the right arrow button takes you back
Ok, but right now it takes you to the "old" screen. If the plan is to replace that with the new pull-up screen, then all fine. Not sure what the plan about the old screen is right now...

QuoteSync problem
I've stoped manual sync, edited the name of the single track, and computed the plan. Result: 1 "push".
So better steps to reproduce your problem are needed here, sorry.
Well, to be more precise: I edited the tracks with the route planner, so "Track menu > Route planner > (editing) > Save". Perhaps there is an in-between state when the route planner saves where the tracks is removed from the database?
  •  

CabrioTourer42

I get an error code 11361. "Please update your Google Play App" when calling "Abonnement". There is no update available.
Happens on a Lenovo Tablet Android 7.1.1
  •  

Tapio

Waypoint discussion: I like to add embedded  wp with information to a planned track, like "50% of track", or "steep hill soon". Simetimes I add embedded wp post tour. Use embedded wp's much more than "points" in the db, because most is track related.

@Menion

Waypoint list: well at least with many same symbols they are useless. Not more info than "there are waypoints".

Alignment of text: Yes, there's always this misalignment at the symbol. No big deal though.

"Right arrows": ugh,not a designer, will think about. It's not a problem but my guts say there's a better symbol.

Back from trackpoint: I mean we cannot go back from new trackpoint screen to new track screen. Fore and back...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on April 11, 2021, 23:11:22
"Right arrows": ugh,not a designer, will think about. It's not a problem but my guts say there's a better symbol.
What about three points in a box (button) - better shows we're changing to a new screen. Perhaps keep the arrow: "...>"

QuoteBack from trackpoint: I mean we cannot go back from new trackpoint screen to new track screen. Fore and back...
My point precisely ;) Would prefer consistency here...
  •  

Menion

@sbojuju
Hmm, this is a completely new feature :). I'm quite sure, that such an idea was already on our help desk, just can't find it now.

@slarti76
Just a few notes to make things clear. The old tracks screen in LM4 should be completely replaced by the new one. Same as with points.

Edited track with route planner: ah, then it is a completely new story :). If you replace a track like this, then the app firstly saves a new track and if all went well, it deletes the old track. You have anyway a good point here because later when there will be some public references on such track, it may be lost. I'll look at it.

@CabrioTourer42
I do not know how to help here. This error is reported by the Google Play app and it exactly says "Billing system is unavailable". Maybe device restart and clearing of the Google Play cache may help here?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •