LM4 - add waypoint to existing navigation

Started by Davidos, April 10, 2021, 15:24:23

Davidos

Hi,

how can I add a waypoint to an existing and already started navigation? My case: I started already a gpx file and that navigates me. During that navigation I'd like to add an additional waypoint.

Is this feature already available or planed?

Thanks.

David
  •  

Menion

Hello Davidos,
this function was recently added into Locus Map 4 as part of the Silver subscription.
It should be working (tested by me mainly), but it still misses wider feedback from the community if is really reliable or not.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Davidos

I only find a way to start a new navigation. But how to add a waypoint to a already started navigation so that the existing navigation will be only recalculated with the added waypoint?
  •  

Menion

This may help you during active navigation.
  •  

Davidos

Hi Menion,

you describe exectly what I did. But the result is not the one I'm looking for. The following 2 pictures should make it more understandable

1. The original track that I started for navigation --> 66,2 km
2. The added waypoint stops the navigation and starts a new one. The new navigation is directly to the new added waypoint and back
  •  

Quote from: Davidos on April 11, 2021, 20:37:29
But how to add a waypoint to a already started navigation so that the existing navigation will be only recalculated with the added waypoint?
@ Davidos.
If I understand you correctly next as shown in video is what you do expect also Locus to offer you ?

Active Navigation Screen shown:  https://youtu.be/R-iTs3Oz6-Q

Demo by app.  Fast replanning  by set or an extra Shaping or Via Point. (Both can be given free name)
By snap to street Shaping Point here a U-turn is created. Announcement by the U-turn command.
By snap to street Via Point here a U-turn is created. Announcement is by Via (name) and the U-turn command.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5

Davidos

Quote from: 0709 on April 12, 2021, 13:09:46
But how to add a waypoint to a already started navigation so that the existing navigation will be only recalculated with the added waypoint?
@ Davidos.
If I understand you correctly next as shown in video is what you do expect also Locus to offer you ?

Demo by app.  Fast replanning  by set or an extra Shaping or Via Point. (Both can be given free name)
By snap to street Shaping Point here a U-turn is created. Announcement by the U-turn command.
By snap to street Via Point here a U-turn is created. Announcement is by Via (name) and the U-turn command.

Yes, exactly what I mean. Is this feature already part of LM4 or is it planned?
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Davidos on April 12, 2021, 13:15:08
Quote from: 0709 on April 12, 2021, 13:09:46
@ Davidos.

Yes, exactly what I mean. Is this feature already part of LM4 or is it planned?

Is integrated in LM4
  •  

Davidos

Maybe you can explain in some words how it than works. Because the solutiin in the video isbdifferent to the one I know from LM4 (see my pictures)

Thx!
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Davidos on April 22, 2021, 07:23:18
Maybe you can explain in some words how it than works. Because the solutiin in the video isbdifferent to the one I know from LM4 (see my pictures)

Thx!
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/navigate-along-the-route#comment-87902
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
I've just spent on this few hours, so it is funny, that you just discuss it now ...

1. I've found a stupid issue in the current system where the app discarded most of the via-points from the existing route > fixed.

2. I've also improved the whole system so in the next version it will handle "Manual recalculation" settings and it should in case of "Route priority", find the nearest point on the track and create really only detour as small as possible.