and yes it´s only with geocaches
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Diddi

New beta:
I still have the Geocache listing crash like ballooni.

At least, faster unloading visible points is now really fast. :)
  •  

lor74cas

@Menion I know it's not your job, but where can I write to report that your sites are a mess?
it seems that everything is badly connected, there is a main page, one for live tracking, one for the help desk, one for the forum, one for documentation.
There are at least 3 different types of graphics, many pages once opened have no reference to the main site.
With the arrival of the new version 4 it would have been the right time to do some cleaning.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

Menion

@balloni55, @Diddi
really, still crashes? Damn!

@lor74cas
Mess, I know  :-\ . Live tracking will be integrated into web.locusmap.app, so this will be solved. Anyway, the rest ... it looks like we will need some guy skilled with PHP who will take care of it. We tried at unite design with existing webs some time ago at least a little bit ...

Because I'm no longer alone on these tasks, as I see in our Who we are page (finally visible our faces, nice right?  ;D), it is best to job for @Jan Čapek :). Jan, any comment here?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 08, 2021, 20:22:01
Because I'm no longer alone on these tasks, as I see in our Who we are page (finally visible our faces, nice right?
great CVs; perfect team
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

CabrioTourer42

I lost my Abo.

I'm Gold and tried to setup my second device.
Because Password Problem I reset it and setup a new one.
Then I logged in in both devices. Both shows Ad bec no Abo. I go to Locus store and pressed the head in the right upper corner. Then "Sync Product Abo...". It says "No Abo".
I return from Locus store and select "Go Premium". Then "choose Abo" . I select "Gold annual exclusive". A small window at the bottom opens (vom Playstore I guess). It says: "Error, you already have this Abo".
Exit this redults in an endless "Initialze"

Help please. How can I get my Abo back?
  •  

Menion

Locus Map 4.0.1.1, Beta version.

Download: Google Drive folder

I'm still not sure what is the best method to provide a Beta version when we have now only one application. So for now, directly provided APK file is the best method.

Major info
- news probably won't be visible, because app has same internal ID as public version on the Google Play (to correctly work with subscription system)
- first test of the new screen for track detail. It is an early alpha, only partially tested, but it may be useful to get my point-of-view
- except for the centering & rotation button, content on the map screen may be hidden
- various fixes

@CabrioTourer42
Are you sure you are logged in Locus Map with exactly same account you used for the purchase? If so, write us please ticket on our help.locusmap.eu site with account details (email), thanks!
  •  

balloni55

Question:
what happen with installed
- PRO
and
- LOCUS MAP GOLD
if i install this BETA with apk???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

freischneider

I find the solution with the provided version on Drive Super. I am this way for it.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on April 09, 2021, 15:19:48
Locus Map 4.0.1.1, Beta version.

Download: Google Drive folder

I'm still not sure what is the best method to provide a Beta version when we have now only one application. So for now, directly provided APK file is the best method.

Major info
- news probably won't be visible, because app has same internal ID as public version on the Google Play (to correctly work with subscription system)
- first test of the new screen for track detail. It is an early alpha, only partially tested, but it may be useful to get my point-of-view
- except for the centering & rotation button, content on the map screen may be hidden
- various fixes

@CabrioTourer42
Are you sure you are logged in Locus Map with exactly same account you used for the purchase? If so, write us please ticket on our help.locusmap.eu site with account details (email), thanks!
App info present at start.
The APK updates the current version installed so from 4.0.1 I switched to beta 4.0.1.1 but the Google store notified for an update that switched the app back to 4.0.1 now I am back to beta. So we need to pay attention and ignore the update notifications of the store if we want the beta. But this is useful if you easily want to switch between versions, for me it's ok.
I like Trak info, but you need a more compact view, title for each group is useless, if I need something more I just touch the right arrow.
Error on sync  still present as posted this morning in the sync topic.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
Ah sorry, I should mention this clearly in the first post.
APK = Beta of Locus Map 4 (previously LM Free). So it simply installs over the existing Google Play version without any problem. You should revert this back by install 4.0.1 APK (not sure if this is available on the Google Drive).

@lor74cas
Google offers 4.0.1? This should not, both versions have the same identificator, weird.

EDIT: ah sync, I do not read this topic, sorry. Will look at it ...
  •  

balloni55

providing apk via google drive folder is perfect :)

- after each start of BETA popup "testversion has terminated", in Appinfo date valid up to 1.4.2021 :-[

- #75 FC solved :)

- optional hide complete or partial bottom and map-screen content button,you will make many users happy 8)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I like the new track screen very well. Finally the height meters in the overview.

But I think the description belongs to the title. The description should be just under the title.

I would like to see the best interval (segments) at the bottom. Was in the old screen also on the right side.

To change the activity (MTB, hiking ...) I have to go down the pen and then click again. It would be easier I click on it.
The same for the folder too.

When I go over the track administration to the overview, the old screen comes. Currently, that's good, so you can better compare between old and new.
  •  

freischneider

Google Play also offered the 4,01.

I think that's great. If something does not work properly with the beta, I can quickly return to the official version.

If this remains so you would have to point out the beta tester so you turn off automatic update for locus in the Play Store.
  •  

luce

Hello! New version 4.0.1.1 crashes immediately and reproducably when I tap a track...
  •