[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on April 01, 2021, 08:13:46
but frankly, what do you expect? As long as you didn't log the new device in with any account
@slarti76 - what do you expect? I expect something less confusing - as I tried to explain in step #3 I had logged in with the same account, so Locus should display "My Subscriptions" and not "Go Premium". Anyway, @Menion is aware of the issue. Thanks.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 01, 2021, 08:54:33
2. Duplicate track & point groups & folders for Cloud Sync
based on your steps, no problem like this should really happen there.
@Menion - ha ha - it has happened twice, but haven't read of it happening to anyone else. I have done a lot of QA/ black-white box testing in my career.

When you start the sync on the second (and third, etc) device and some data are already on the server, the app should offer "Full download" (so discard local data and download only data from the server). Nothing like this happens to you?
no, there was no offer for "Full download"

3. Presets not backed up on device 1, or restored on device 2
Restoring backups from LM Pro may cause a mess in rare cases I believe. I'm not sure to which settings this applies, but in the LM4 are some methods that a) convert old settings to new and then b) remove old settings after that. Maybe it may be a reason for this behavior? Anyway, if this is not an easily repeatable problem, please just set your function panels again. Thanks.
yes I experienced the rare case, but 5 presets x 7 buttons, it's a lot of work, so I just copied the 5 LB files from one device to the other. Now all working I think.
  •  

sbouju

Looking at my LocusMap web (sync being done) and going in "PLANNER"/"MY LIBRARY", I can find all my tracks OK, but I have no access to my waypoints...

Normal?

•  

Andrew Heard

Sorry for all the posts but lots of testing, lots of changes.

Cloud sync/ LM4 crash

• Android 8.1 tablet, LM4.0.0 Gold
  • Cloud sync (manual)
  • dot-dot-dot > Advanced > Full download
  • after a minute of progress the "normal" cloud sync screen returns too soon, expect download to take 20+ minutes
  • attempt 2nd Full download > LM4 crash + have sent Android report
  • success on 3rd Full download
compute plan below if that helps:
id: 6a4b4d0c-82f4-4b03-8b2d-3155e15c3211
start: 2 Apr., 8:51 am
end: 2 Apr., 8:51 am
changesSince: 23 Feb., 3:11 pm

plan:
  operation POINT_GROUP, pull: 0, pullDelete: 32, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation TRACK_GROUP, pull: 11, pullDelete: 22, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation       POINT, pull: 0, pullDelete: 278, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  operation       TRACK, pull: 32, pullDelete: 84, push: 0, pushDelete: 0
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 01, 2021, 23:13:00
Quote from: slarti76 on April 01, 2021, 08:13:46
but frankly, what do you expect? As long as you didn't log the new device in with any account
@slarti76 - what do you expect? I expect something less confusing - as I tried to explain in step #3 I had logged in with the same account, so Locus should display "My Subscriptions" and not "Go Premium". Anyway, @Menion is aware of the issue. Thanks.
I apologize for the snarky answer from my side. Wasn't my day, shouldn't have written at all.

Saturo

Settings
Points & Tracks
Tap on point -> popup

doesn´t have any effect in the free version
  •  

Saturo

Geocache with Childwaypoints.
How is it possible to center map on a Child-Waypoint?
The entry is not longer there in the Waypoint menu.
  •  

Hennes

As a long term Locus Pro user I installed the new version yesterday and bought the Gold subscription with the discount immediately.

My first impression was like: The interface changed but apart from that I don't see any major changes.
I know there's new stuff but apparently I only used a small portion of what Locus offers.
To be honest I am not sure that if the Gold plan is the right one for me. But for now I am happy that I have 12 month for testing and then I will decided whether Gold/Silver is the subscription that fits me most.

During my testing yesterday some questions arose.

1. For me the most needed function is to have a web track editor. Just tested the new one for a short while and it looks really good. Since gpsies is gone I haven't found any good track editor (don't like alltrails).
I guess I can create a new track with my computer and it is available in Locus Map on my phone, right? I mean there's a sync between them? I do not have to download the gpx file send it to my mobile, right?
If so, is it only part of gold plan or also silver?

2. I miss the buttons for zooming out and in when viewing the map. 2 finger zoom is not always possible. Is it hidden in the settings?

3. Is there a fast way to quit Locus Map? Don't want to click through the menu several times.

4. With Locus Pro I was able to easily import gpx files. For example someone sent it to me via mail. I clicked on the attachment in the mail, Locus opened and offered me to import the track.
With version 4 Locus opens but that's all. No popup dialog and ofcourse not import. Why is that?

5. The 2nd time I started Locus I had the free/ad version and I was offered the subscription (again). Of course I didn't buy it (again). Restarting didn't help. The ads disappeared after a while and today I was recognised as a gold user. So perhaps this is already solved

6. What type of contour lines does Locus use? Any chance to integrate the high resolution 1 arcsecond files into the LoMaps?

Hennes

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Hennes. You are in all points right about web planner. Gold subscription. https://www.locusmap.app/de/vergleich/

Zoom buttons exist: Search in options, you can enter "zoom" as a search term.

Quit LM: yes, you can add "Exit" to main menu or toolbar.

GPX - strange. I'm also interested. Personally I've linked gpx to LM4 via TotalCommander and yes, LM4 shows the import options here.

In Locus Store you can download elevation data. It downloads the precise 1" data, if available. You can check in the SRTM folder - those files are 24MB. Alternatively you can download manually and put hgt files to data/srtm. https://data.opendataportal.at/dataset/dtm-germany
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Hennes

balloni55

Quote from: Saturo on April 02, 2021, 09:42:35
Geocache with Childwaypoints.
How is it possible to center map on a Child-Waypoint?
The entry is not longer there in the Waypoint menu.
select child-wpt from list,
after click on button map is centered to this
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Graf Geo

Hello, I also booked Gold despite initial scepticism, the great Locus development deserves support!

At first I had a bit of a hard time with LM4, but in the meantime I have got used to it. So far, the added value compared to LMpro for my needs is limited, but I haven't tried or found everything yet. The Webpaner is still very rudimentary.

I'm looking forward to future new functions and improvements, thanks to the team and keep up the good work!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Die Batzen

Geocaching4Locus - Import Bookmark List

• in LM4 (Silver) run Import Bookmark List from Geocaching4Locus
  • select either a whole bookmark list or selected Geocaches from a list and download
  • surprisingly LM Pro (Classic) gets started in parallel and you have to continue your import in LM Pro (instead of LM 4)
  • if your import is finished you have to close LM Pro and continue in LM 4
I would have expected to stay in LM 4 instead of being redirected to LM Pro.

As an example, you can try https://coord.info/BM85PMJ (simply make a copy of the list).

I'm unsure if this is an issue from Geocaching4Locus or LM. Nevertheless, I mention it here.
  •  

balloni55

@ Die Batzen
for me it work as expected and i am ask with which App i want to open/import the list.
So go to your android settings/Apps/ Locus Pro and clear setting "Festlegen als Standart"
Restart Locus and try it again
Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Die Batzen

@balloni55
You made my day!
Thanks a lot for the hint, never would have thought of Android settings.

All is working as expected now.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: sbouju on April 01, 2021, 23:42:56
Looking at my LocusMap web (sync being done) and going in "PLANNER"/"MY LIBRARY", I can find all my tracks OK, but I have no access to my waypoints...
Normal?
I had the same observation and question and Menion explained that this will come in a future release.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju