Locus Map 4, discussion (pre-release)

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 13:00:40

Menion

@Rainman2de
I'm also curious what exactly is a problem with GPX import/export system.

@tapio
good point with "Delete" confirmation. It was probably created when undo/redo was not yet working? Anyway, removed, works a lot better now, thanks :).

@francisco
sync feature currently should work without a Google!! But only manually. So devices won't receive a notification that something had changed on the server/other devices. Anyway, we had not yet tested this, so later ...

@drumpldeer
Slow & crashing LM3 > hmm, this should not happen and if so, a similar fate should come to LM4 as they share most of the core source code & logic.

About the display of waypoints: should you please create a short video or a screenshot(s) so it will be clear what you mean? Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

It's on Google PlayStore now. Currently I can enjoy ads (in Locus) 😁
Will there be any technical change when we have the transition from Play Store Beta Channel to stable channel? Technically, a different installation? I ask because I'm lazy, I just wish that it continues to work.
Didn't touch subscriptions yet, do they technically work?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Jochen

@Menion: Congratulation to the new Locus Map4 👍👍👍.
I installed the new free Version over the Beta Version. I want to buy the Gold Version with the discount for Locus Pro Users. Do I oversee something? I can only see the regular price.

Kind regards

Jochen
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Jochen on March 23, 2021, 17:58:09I can only see the regular price.
I see "11,99 EUR, then 23,99/Year".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Jochen

@tapio: The Locus Pro Version was deactivated, because in the last months I did only use the new Alpha and Beta LM 4. After updating Locus Map Free I had to activate Locus Map Pro. Maybe there is the problem?
But in the new LM4 Free Version I had to login with the E-Mail adress combined with Locus Pro.....mmmh.
  •  

Rainman2de

Quote from: Menion on March 23, 2021, 13:01:17
@Rainman2de
I'm also curious what exactly is a problem with GPX import/export system.

It is not export but importing Komoot-GPX-files what locus cant handle very good. The track is displayed correctly but as soon as you start navigating the track locus messes up.
I mentioned that in the beta thread. But i know you are aware of that. Enough to support the locus-team further.
  •  

Menion

Oh finally!!!

Ask me please, when anything is not clear. I've added the first two "FAQs" to this first post. Michal will then summarize all core questions more precisely (with his definitely a lot better English :) ). For now, you'll have to live with my :)

@Rainman2de
I have only some info from @0709 about not-ideal GPX imports, but to be true, I do not know what is wrong. And you never communicated with me about this before (as I see, you have some German posts, but I do not know German and do not read these topics ...). So if there is something you want to fix and if you are able to give me file + step-by-step instructions to simulate this problem, feel free to create a new topic here or on help desk and I'll gladly look at it ...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Erelen, Diddi

freischneider

When I click on the user manual, I come to the user manual of LM3.

Symbols in points and tracks do not look good. The edge is very blurry.
I have pictures as it looks in LM3 and what it looks like in LM4.
In the old LM4 beta, it was better. But can not do any pictures because they no longer start or overwritten.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

Quote- start Locus Map 4 > menu > Locus Store and check, the account is the same
- if you do not see the "Exclusive" offer,
for me the process was not clear, I did not find an offer in the Locus store.
then I went on via menu "Hamburger button" > PRO.
Here I could choose between siber and gold at half price for the first year I chose gold
I was surprised that I had to pay with my Google credit.... :-[
I expected that I could pay with Locoins from my account
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I understand that right with the counting of gold.
Payment is not dependent on the Google Account but from the Locu Store account.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
are you sure it is manual for LM3? The link should be now "docs.locusmap.APP". We copied the old LM3 manual and rewrite it. But it is a huge task and not all pages are already done.

Icons: I'll look at it, thanks.

@balloni55
Not clear, hmm  :-X. We need to know, that you used the Locus Map Pro version and because of this, you have to use and login into Locus Store with the Locus Map Pro. Then you should receive a better offer.

Purchase over LoCoins and other options than just Google Play: we really tried to do this also into the V1 version, but in the end, it seems to be a lot bigger task than it may look. So our estimate is 3 - 4 months, probably not sooner, sorry.
  •  

slarti76

Minor observation Beta from Play Store:
I installed it on my tab, subscribed to Gold immediately. Then updated on my phone, but there it first showed as unpaid with adds. I had to go to the subscriptions dialog, where Locus at some point realized i had Gold and activated all features/turned off ads.
This should be checked on startup...
  •  

Menion

Hmm, it is based on the login. At the moment, you log in and the app receives all data from the server, the premium should be activated.

Anyway, in case, you have a valid login, it really should be done "automatically", good point, thanks!

EDIT:
@Rainman2de
@tapio correctly pointed on the discussion we had here, sorry, I've forgotten on this post completely  :-X
Hmm, what to do with it ...
  •  

Frivold

I have downloaded LM4, and even though I have logged in in both LM3 and LM4 with the same Google Account, I don't get an offer. I can pay full price, since I love the app, but I think I should inform you that the offer doesn't work for me. Maybe it's beacuse I must pay in NOK, and not EUR? The price for me is 255 Norwegian Kroner, which is 24 Eur.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: GMDD, Jochen

Menion

I already received a bug report from @Jochen (thanks for this), so there definitely something that does not work. I'm going to wake up Petr and we will look at it  :).

... but definitely do not purchase anything (year subs) without a discount, this has to work correctly on our side!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: GMDD, Jochen