Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

michaelbechtold

Hi Asamm team,
this naming discussion is like fishing in the dark as long as you do not disclose the approximate scope of each version (what's in/out). There might be clues from that for a more meaningful naming.
If not, well, then fun may prevail as long as it does not become ridiculous and would fire back.
I definitely concur with the concerns voiced by others in the original topic (closed prematurely, I would say) as well as in this thread.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys, appreciate your feedback. As I wrote, we decided to keep heads down, and very simply free/silver/gold names will be used. Not a rocket science, but at least clear without any worries.

And Andrew, marketing people? Eh, well, I do not like marketing. You can't even imagine how I curse my work when doing some subscription/promo screens last days/weeks  :D.

Anyway, names of subs tiers finished ... let's rather do some useful tasks ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on March 10, 2021, 19:09:53
New Beta version with another nice amount of fixes & fine-tunning. So please give a try new V14 version.
Changelog says "option to set photo as icon in the new point screen (long click)".
Can somebody explain? I don't get it, can't find any new option here - what am I not seeing?

The problems with the track editor after several deletes (point or inner parts) seems to have gone, thx! Will observe if the crashes of the sync function after longer background time have gone, too (still waiting for sync to be available again for everyone, though).
  •  

poutnikl

I see I am too late, as you were overvoted... :-(

The Triad could be in plural, plains is a common geographical term and does not have the negative connotation as plain.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on March 11, 2021, 10:15:06
The Triad could be in plural, plains is a common geographical term and does not have the negative connotation as plain.
too subtle?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Menion on March 09, 2021, 08:18:22
@joeloc

Heat map > sorry, but it works quite slow and when I spend a little more time on this, I do not see any clear problem. Because it is not an official app map and because no other (official) map does not have any similar issues, I won't spend time on this.

Understood. Would you maybe consider putting the (multiple?) max_timeout and max_failure_count variables into config.cfg then? That way we could still download from slow servers... even if runs 12 hours overnight.

Right now, slow server download is simply impossible with Locus. Nobody wants to watch his phone and click retry every 3 minutes.

Ps, Strava Heatmap might be lagging and from Russia, but it nevertheless is *the* *most* *valuable* overlay for mountainbiking today, not just some funny idea of mine :-).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jajaballard

luce

Dear Menion,

behaviour of point screen when one POI is klicked while another one is still active is much better now – thank you.

Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

luce

Hello once again,

A long time wish of mine is the possibility to set the navigation command points and signs along the route invisible. They clutter the view (see screenshot) and contain information that is not important for everyday usage unless you want to edit these points manually.

A setting to toggle the visibility of navigation commands on/off in the "points & tracks" settings would do that perfectly.

Best, Lucas
  •  

luce

Bug report:
The app crashes every time I do the following steps:

1. Set the Audio channel to "Ringing and other notifications"
2. Open a player and listen to music with Bluetooth headphones while cycling
3. Start a navigation with Locus
4. Try to change the volume of the navigation commands by first tapping the big arrow on the map screen and then touching the volume bar –> app crashes reproducably.

The app does *not* crash when there is no other app playing music while I change navigation commands volume.

Best, Lucas
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: slarti76 on March 11, 2021, 09:16:31Changelog says "option to set photo as icon in the new point screen (long click)".
Can somebody explain? I don't get it, can't find any new option here - what am I not seeing?
You're not seeing what I'm not seeing.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@slarti76, @tapio
incorrect description in the changelog, sorry. Simply add a new photo to the point and then long-click on this photo. In the old version it was hidden in the popup menu, but there is not a place for this other than a long-click.

There is also a big difference. Previously, the generated icon was cached in the local cache directory. Now, it is stored directly with the point in the database. So it should be now correctly synchronized and later also visible on the web.

@joeloc
As I see, for time downloading there is already set a 5 minutes timeout! I believe this is really long enough. What about contacting the guy behind this solution?

@luce
- hiding of navigation waypoints. You're not the first who ask for this. I'll consider this option.

- crash: hmm, does it happen also with the new V14 version?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, luce

gcfishguy

Quote from: slarti76 on March 09, 2021, 15:46:11
Quote from: gcfishguy on March 04, 2021, 17:10:13
Well, since you asked...  :-)     Imagine Mapsource, but web-based.  All your data (waypoints, tracks, saved routes, etc) in one spot, in an application where you can keep them organized (folders, groups, tags, whatever) on a 'big screen', and see them on a map, etc.  The data and changes made in the web-based application then sync to your device(s).
--SNIP--
@gcfishguy, you're basically explaining what the new Locus Web Interface does. You seem to have found the page (which is in Beta, mind you), and then you list all the features that are already there or are planned (see the other thread).

So people wonder: What do you want (more)?
Or are you just unhappy that the first version doesn't fulfil all of your dreams?

Sorry, I must have missed some of the upcoming plans. 
Thanks for the info. 
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 11, 2021, 13:30:27
@slarti76, @tapio
Simply add a new photo to the point and then long-click on this photo.
Took me a while. "Add Photo attachment to an existing point, save, re-open, then longclick".
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

dyoghenes

Hi!

I love using this app and adding the online LoPoints as waypoints while route planning works very well. Do you plan on the ability to add online LoPoints to already recorded tracks?
  •  

luce

Quote from: Menion on March 11, 2021, 13:30:27
- crash: hmm, does it happen also with the new V14 version?

Yes, just checked it... Now it seems to crash every time I try to change the volume while I set audio to "ringing and other notifications" – even when there is no music playing in the background.
  •