Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on February 28, 2021, 14:16:18

@tapio
so now you have a problem with the bottom panel, that was not previously visible? Damn ...

Yup, it happens in Fullscreen mode only.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

joeloc

Locus still says it's recording in notifications even though it isn't. Also, the color is weirdly blue. Running dark mode. Not running Locus as service.
  •  

joeloc

Regarding the caching issue with Strava Heat map. Everything seems properly enabled. Didn't change anything from Locus Pro anyway and there it worked nicely iirc. The pic says something 5.0MB cache size btw, which seems way too low. Is this current or max or default and where does this value come from and how can I affect it?

I use log tap to start guiding because it just feels right. I see a place on the map, I tap it, I go there. No extra menu bars to be opened before. Also... wouldn't all your other methods add a point to my database first? I don't want that, I just want to have an arrow to the next place, telling me how far to climb. And then again. And again. And again... I call it "dynamic ghetto navigation" and it makes total sense to people who make up their mind on where to go along the way. Not much of a planner I must admit... :).

Anyway, it felt much better and snappier on today's trip. Maybe you fixed it... or maybe I wasn't in gsm-land long enough.
  •  

jonny.blue

ah, nice discovery. Does this happen with the live-map enabled?

no, live map is disabled.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on February 28, 2021, 14:16:18
weird problem with the map. It is not a generated PNG preview, but a regular map window with exactly the same map as you have on the main map screen. So if using some offline vector maps, it should work correctly.
@Menion - just an ordinary vector OpenAndroMap. The same one I always use, and only had the problem once.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Axel D

I use the LOmap Baden-Württemberg, the overlay is e.g. Weather icons and it is flickering, when I use an overlay Modi and want to zoom in the map.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

luce

Hello Menion,

just a thought – when tapping let's say four points one after another, the point screen disappears, then appears again, then disappears, then appears again and so on. Maybe the user experience would be smoother when the point screen would stay "open" and only the content would change, when a point is tapped while another one is still "active".

Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

luce

Another thought:

When I tap a point, the point gets centered on the map. But because of the point screen that opens from below, the zoom buttons are covered. So I have to swipe the point screen away before zooming in – or to use the pinch gesture. This seems to me less comfortable than in LM3.

Would it make sense to move the zoom buttons up with the point screen (see screenshot)?

Best, Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

Such huge amount of bug reports and help with developing. I'm permanently amazed  ;). Thanks all!

@balloni55
thanks for the log. I had to change a little bigger part of the code so in case of something unexpected in the next version, please let me know. Hopefully fixed.

Waypoint visibility > ok, let's try the previous, just a little improved (not hiding list) version.

@tapio
oki, thanks. I hoped it is solved as this is quite a complicated problem :/. Will look at it during a week.

@joeloc
Track rec icon > hmm, it is really only a icon & app name. This does not look like working track recording notification (missing correct title & description). Stefan, it is currently quite impossible for me to fix it. I never saw something like this on my devices and you are only one who report something like this. It looks like system tries to restore recording system after any crash? Why notification is only partial = do not know. It probably does not have effect on the battery right (no service really runs)?

Caching of heat maps > don't ask me on the max value. It is another app weak point > cache is unlimited  ::). Hard to say what is wrong. Maybe cache itself is wrong > maps are stored in Locus/mapsOnline, so try to delete database file (cache) of this map.

Quick point/guide > if we talk about quick "Guide to", then "Guide to" option in the side panel does not create a new database point. It do what you want. It anyway has one additonal step > choosing a target (map center) > give it a try and you'll see. It is definitelly more reliable than long click.

@jonny.blue
hmm, I'm playing with it, but unfortunately no problem to catch and report to Arcao (dev of G4L). So probably best to solve it is to directly report this problem to Arcao on G4L web page https://geocaching4locus.eu.

@ADiet
generally blend modes (you have selected "Src Out") cause weird problems on some devices and I still have no idea how to solve this. With blend mode disabled, it works correctly? If so, then there is nothing I can do now.

@luce
re-opening point screen when tapping on the points on the map is currently terrible! I know and I've already tried to solve this > not yet successfully  :-\

Zoom buttons > hmm, quite a UI challenge :). Is this really so useful? Isn't enough to use pinch zoom (or tap, tap and swipe) when zoom is rarely needed? I'll have to be convinced by more people to do this because it may be quite complicated task.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

joeloc

Regarding overlays... it really feels more like a render problem than a cache problem. Like... the overlay goes away immediately when I just zoom out a tiny bit, and then this tile never really wants to appear again. Or at least it needs a lot of "convincing" with multiple zooms and scrolls and godknowswhat.

Sorry for the weird description, it feels as random as it sounds :)
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on February 23, 2021, 11:56:48
@balloni55
- TB offline > well, I also do not know :D. We've received a request for offline TB logging and I've noticed in the code that it should work but was never published.
In the current Pro version, you can't log trackable offline, right? In the current Beta version, in case you have loaded profile and some TB items are in your inventory, you should be able to mark them to "drop" or "visit". When you will later upload your logs over "Logs manager", app should upload trackable logs as well.
But as I wrote, I did not test it now, so if it does not make sense or simply does not work, just let me know and I'll try to find some more time ...

this morning i´ve tested offline loging of TB´s and it worked well ;D
since i have loaded my inventary while logging i dropped the first TB, also all others are logged as (in my case) visited. 8)
My idea, load/refrech TB inventar always when user grab a TB, so TB´s are available for each following log.

and to make the function more understandable please add "drop" or "visit" to the text of the explanation in expert settings
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

[Bottom buttonbar for trackpoints/waypoints is out of screen mostly]

Quote from: Menion on March 01, 2021, 09:50:04oki, thanks. I hoped it is solved as this is quite a complicated problem :/. Will look at it during a week.
I want to add:

- It happens only in (Fullscreen&&Portrait mode) (not in landscape mode)
- Resolution is 1080x2244
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

when i mark a geocache as computed the icon on the map does not change
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I noticed that the loading of the map became significantly slower when moving.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@joeloc, @freischneider

I'm currently not aware of any problem with the map rendering system (also no changes were made regards this in recent months). So we may try creating a log after you notice any problem. In logs may be (or may not) and info.

@balloni55
thanks for the tests of offline logging. It is not perfect as I look on it and that's probably why it was not yet published even it is in the app for at least year+.

When you log offline, app search for cache code of the previous "Found it" log and loads all travebugs for this cache that were logged as visited. So workaround for now for "Grabbed" items is to log them as "Visited" once and they should be available for next offline logging.

"Computed" icon > thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •