Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

philj

not sure if this was reported already - when opening a POI while in fullscreen mode, the bottom bar with the buttons (edit, navigate to, share etc) gets cut off as shown in the screenshot:

this is still present in v4 beta 9, the "original" Locus 3.50.1 does not have this issue

•  

Raddino

Not sure if that's expected behavior but it feels weird to me.

goal: to check the geocaching viewpoint detail
steps to reproduce:
1) click on geocache on the map
2) click on waypoints
3) click on any waypoints (on the name)
4) nothing will happen (just visual confirmation that I clicked on the element)
5) click back using android navigation buttons
6) map is focused on the place where the waypoint is with new point window of the waypoint. (if I did not select to show the WP in step 3 there's nothing on the map, just the location)

I was expecting to jump from step 3 directly to step 6.
  •  

balloni55

@Raddino
confirm your observation ???
in previous versions, your expected process has worked
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jonny.blue

With Android 11 this popup occurs almost every time after closing LM4 (with a delay of about 20 sec.,)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

freischneider

if I want to edit a track, it takes a long time. I click on the track at one point. Then I choose "Modify Track"
Then nothing happens for 5s. After that, the screen will go completely black. Only after 30s does it come on again and I can choose what I want to edit.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

flyingman_ch

When I click on a cache from the map view and then on Update Cache, the cache is closed.
  •  

flyingman_ch

I open a cache from live map. Then why can't the waypoints be displayed? This is possible in version 3.
  •  

Menion

@jonny.blue
hmm and any idea how this duplication may happen?

"App not responding" error when app closing > hmm this does not happen to me, weird. Any bigger function running when closing app?

@joeloc
Another side problem regards the bottom point panel found > thanks, the next version should be again little better.
And the problem with crashes ... well, manual bug report till app will be on Google Play still needed, sorry.

@Andrew Heard
I do not consider missing swipe-to-dismiss as a bug. This side panel is completely different compare to the old side menu so this feature does not work. But it makes sense, agree. Added to "Todo", thanks.

@philj
ah, thanks. I've simulated this issue on emulator > should be fixed now

@Raddino
as @balloni55 wrote, it worked like this. But before, tap on waypoint displayed full-screen window. Now it is different and the app displays a small bottom panel and moves the map to the waypoint. So only missing step was hiding the list of waypoints. Fixed, thanks.

@freischnerider
this big delay in the display of the edit screen happen also for a very short track? And the detail of the track (the big screen with the chart, stats, etc) appears a lot faster?

@flyingman_ch
Closing a cache when updating > this happens for caches stored in the internal app database? I do not use live-map from G4L so to be true, I did not test this feature. Will have to ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

@jonny.blue
hmm and any idea how this duplication may happen?

"App not responding" error when app closing > hmm this does not happen to me, weird. Any bigger function running when closing app?

1. Duplicate points: I have 2 devices (tablet, smartphone) and I think I loaded the same geocaching points on both devices without syncing between those activities. And then after a later sync both data were merged. No problem for me because of invisible state of points syncing isn´t useful for me.

2. Not responding:
I played a little bit with leaving and re-enter LM and noticed following:  I always leave with back tab ... can see the small window with leaving message (sc 1). When I'm back on main screen of android I sometimes can see (sc 2) this message (without active LM4-screen) twice a time ... and after that the error message pops up.
When I use the 20 second delay to just start LM4 again ... LM4 starts without initialization screen and I'm back in the map view.
This looks as if LM is running in background for a while longer although I left it with back tab.
Examined my settings and found nothing which prevents closing (like keep GPS running for a while longer).

Maybe this helps ...  ;)
  •  

joeloc

The distance to guiding destination text above/below the arrow became quite invisible mostly. Can you fix it so that it's always visible at a proper place, regardless of where I am zoomed to? It's really the only tool I use for navigating in mountains, everything else is mostly too cumbersome.
  •  

joeloc

Having the text at destination only really doesn't make much sense to me. Shouldn't it be centered between where the arrow enters the screen (or begins) and leaves the screen (or ends)?
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
new version????
current version expieres on monday :P
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I'm working on it ... ufff. I really believed we will be able to publish LM4 by end of February.

Well, Beta 11/991 uploaded and extended till the end of March (just for sure).

Enjoy the weekend and stay healthy!

@jonny.blue
2. hmm, this may be a problem to fix ...  :-\

@joeloc
try new Beta please, also values along the guiding line
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Axel D

When an overlay is activated, then zooming with two fingers in the map, the map is flickering.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

joeloc

Beta 911: Guiding line text stays a lot more visible now. Point popup already feels more snappy on a slow-wifi-couch. Real tests will have to wait until gsm/edge-land higher up the mountain.

Long tap is a "difficult" gesture anyway, especially with sweaty fingers in bright sunlight on a moving bicycle. If Locus makes it even harder by not reacting immediately and predictably, it becomes annoying very quickly. I might even suggest some kind of vibration and/or audible feedback here, but I guess Locus has no concept for that yet.

What I primarily use long tapping for is adding new points in general and also setting a guide line to the next point I need to reach. I do this about 20 to 30 times a day. Don't plan ahead much and fool around at every new trail junction before making up my mind.
  •