Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Menion

Thanks guys, issue with the crash in the route planner should be fixed now (version "Beta 9" uploaded).

@balloni55
missing icon > seems to be an icon from the folder - fixed, thanks.

@tapio
thanks for the useful bug report :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Raddino

Hi,

Few weeks ago I found here a link to online (destop-browser) version of locus map. I remember it was OSM map. I planned to check it more closely later but now I can't find the link. Can someone help me and reshare the link? Thanks!
  •  

poutnikl

https://web.locusmap.app

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

balloni55

Quoteissue with the crash in the route planner should be fixed now
confirm solved :)
Quote from: Menion on February 22, 2021, 09:39:18
@balloni55
missing icon > seems to be an icon from the folder - fixed, thanks.
confirm solved :)
Quote- nearest points > click any of the list, list didn´t disappeares i have to swipe list left to see the selected one
no improvement :-[

i get different window headline and content when i select "log your visit"
- with icon from opened listig / quick select button > 1 online and 2 offline options
- with icon from guide on label 3dot button top right > 2 online and 1 offline options
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Raddino

Quote from: poutnikl on February 22, 2021, 11:49:53
https://web.locusmap.app

Thanks!

Are there any plans to add also points/geocaches to the online map? Points/geocaches that I have imported in Locus and I have synced them to cloud? Simple name+icon. This would be great to plan geocaching trips as it will be faster to prepare track online and just sync it back to Locus.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

balloni55

expert settings/Geocaching "Offline logging of trackables"
in the field i allways log offline ;)

i still don't understand how to log TB's offline.
Is that possible for visited/droped/grabbed? and if so how
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

I really like the behavior of Point Screen. Move map when opening and closing point screen by swiping.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

I had a weird experience with the Route Planner in beta 8. Not a crash, but while planning a quite long route with many shaping points, the planner suddenly & silently closed, with a return to the normal map screen, and all my route lost when the Planner next opened. Only happened once; no idea how to reproduce it sorry.

beta 9 - point detail is truncated @ top when the description is too long for single line - see attached
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Very good behaviour of the trackpoint screen, with map move on open! Also, zooming via 2 fingers works (I was thinking it would close the bottom area). Good stuff!

- I think the 1 trackpoint fwd/backward arrows are too small.

- Moving an embedded waypoint to another position does not refresh it on display. It is only visually refreshed after hide/show of track.

- Opening times not fully visible, also alignment looks funny. Screenshot.

- Crash when tapping on online Lopoint "Post Filiale 509", 51.61619, 7.59881
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Diddi

Beta 9 is crashing every time I try to Download a pocket query
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
- ah, nearest point panel > thanks, improved now

- "Geocaching logs" panel > in the new panel is only incorrectly moved "offline" header, fixed. Both are otherwise the same. First use old Point screen which will be removed one day. Not an ideal solution, but for now most easy to do ...

- TB offline > well, I also do not know :D. We've received a request for offline TB logging and I've noticed in the code that it should work but was never published.
In the current Pro version, you can't log trackable offline, right? In the current Beta version, in case you have loaded profile and some TB items are in your inventory, you should be able to mark them to "drop" or "visit". When you will later upload your logs over "Logs manager", app should upload trackable logs as well.
But as I wrote, I did not test it now, so if it does not make sense or simply does not work, just let me know and I'll try to find some more time ...

@Raddino
web planner has its own topic: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7232.0

@Andrew Heard
you definitely need a higher resolution :). I'll try to look at it

@tapio
- icons are small, I know. But the tapping area is big enough.
- thanks for the other three things, I've noted them and look at them. Opening hours definitely should not look like this :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

jonny.blue

point was unvisible - I touched it - point was visible for a second and switched automaticly back to unvisible.🥴

I think I found the problem.
I had tested syncing again ... and as a result I had all entries duplicated.
Now I deleted all points in folder ... and visibility works like expected.
  •  

joeloc

Betas unfortunately still fail miserably with long tap point window address search. All is fine when network is good, all is fine when phone is offline. All hell breaks lose when phone thinks it's online but network is bad. The point window either doesn't appear at all, or appears after a second... or 5 seconds... or 30. Absolutely horrible usability, user never knows what's going on. This thingy must always(!) show up and work after exactly [longtapdelay] milliseconds, no matter what messy state the network is in.

I really wish I could jinx your phone to edge-only and 50% packet loss for a week, menion... Locus would instantly start to become a lot nicer in the real world... outside gbit-wifi and 5g :-).
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: tapio on February 22, 2021, 08:23:31
Had Locus crash out in the wilds, but cannot tell what I did.
Happens to me too... if only Betas would write crash logs and ask us to enail them to menion automatically on next Locus start. I am usually sweaty and in bright hot sunshine and sitting on my bike with a 150 heart rate and in a bad mood anyway because Locus died/disappeared and the last X minutes track weren't recorded. That's a bad state of mind and general situation for complex debugging steps... :-).

I meanwhile suspect Samsung/OneUI3/Androud11 to aggresively kill Apps with high memory usage btw when running in background, maybe that's the reason Locus disappears silently at least twice a day for me. Does a huge database mean too much memory usage as well?
  •  

Andrew Heard

bug: allow swipe-right to hide the Point Info panel in landscape mode; a swipe-down to hide in portrait mode works correctly.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •