Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Axel D

Hi, just now I found a problem with the overlay maps. If the overlays in the left menu is switched on, the maps flickers and produces much things on the screen.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

john_percy

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on February 09, 2021, 09:29:23
@tapio

so you mean this topic: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track_editor_swipe_through_points

that should look like this?  ;)
I also have something about the points screen. The screen opens from bottom to top.

The same when I long click on an area in the map. Then the info also opens from bottom to top. And I can close it again by swiping down.
This is also the case with grouped points. The window opens from bottom to top and can be closed again by swiping down.

But the Points screen cannot be closed by swiping from top to bottom.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Sure. The screen opens in two modes. When you are on the main map screen and work with the map, screens open from the bottom in "collapsed" mode to save some screen space and display only main info. Otherwise, the screen is visible as a fullscreen window, not as a special bottom dialog, and then it is not possible to "swipe down to dismiss".

Give it some time. Field testing confirms if current behavior makes sense or not.
  •  

freischneider

Yes, it doesn't make sense for screens that are in full screen mode. When they cover the whole screen. But screens that only cover part of the screen are swiped intuitively from top to bottom. The main menu screen is the same. The map content panel is the same, but it is swiped from left to right. I hope your tests agree ... I'll wait.
  •  

Menion

Wait wait ... when you tap on the point directly on the map, so only part of the map is covered, you are unable to dismiss this bottom "dialog" with a swipe from top to the bottom? You wrote this, but it definitely should work!

I thought you talk about a full-screen point screen (like click on the point in the "Points manager", not directly on the map screen).

freischneider

I create a point by selecting it on the map. Then I add an image by selecting it from memory. Save point. When I try to delete the picture, LM4 crashes. After restarting again tries to delete the picture. Crashed again. Can you reproduce it?
  •  

Frivold

I am looking forward to the release of LM4. I really like this version.

I am a bit curious about the new web-planner. How far it it away from testing? Will it be translation on this part to? (I am translating LM to norwegian).
  •  

Axel D

When I want to delete a point in routing planner, locus crashes.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk
Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: ADiet on February 11, 2021, 22:38:08
When I want to delete a point in routing planner, locus crashes.
Same.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

When in an outdoor situation and my favourite and naive question arises, "how far / long will it take until we reach xy point", the Analyzer is useful - but I think the estimated travel time is just too hidden. Could be more in your face or even auto calculated. Screenshot related.
Didn't it make an estimation in the lower pane, for newly planned tracks with no timestamps?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_4.0.0 - Beta 6_988_beta, download

And do not forget on one new topic about the web planner ;)

Crashes should be fixed. @tapio, this is another older problem (missing feature). Not sure how many new things I'll be able to finish before we will release a public version ...

Andrew Heard

cloud sync: 100% reliable so far between phone/ website, well done. Tested adds/ edits/ deletes both ways.

track editor: it's great to see the previous/ next buttons for the point detail, and long tap for 1st/ last point, but please also (re)add the recorded timestamp of the point into the statistics. I'm sure this was previously available, now there is no way to determine the time of riding at recorded point?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Online search
1. If I choose to "Search for postal addresses and LoPoints on the internet" I have three sources offered: Google, Graphhopper and Bing but not LoPoints. The results look as if LoPoints are automatically included. Correct? If so, not obvious.
In any case, I may not want to include LoPoints in my search. For example a search for Hyde Park returns a lot of (LoPoints) establishments with Hyde Park in their name and I have to hunt for the location of the real Hyde Park. A search for Paradise is even worse!
2. But even worse, a search like above, followed by a click on a point often now leads to Locus crashing as it redraws the map.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •