Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

freischneider

If the bottom panel is hidden, then the main menu could move further down. And at the same time the map content panel too.
See picture: Panel_visible
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Erelen on January 28, 2021, 06:07:19
I know several users, who set autohide time to unreal big value, and show/hide panles manually by doubletap
clever idea - thanks
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on January 28, 2021, 16:52:22
If the bottom panel is hidden, then the main menu could move further down. And at the same time the map content panel too.
See picture: Panel_visible
Same here. But: some phones have rounded corners. Stuff in the corners is not displayed there. It's the case on my mate 20 X. Plus, there's many "long" phones with hd+ resolution. mine iis 1080*2244. So vertically there's enough space. The current state is rather optimal for my device.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

Main menu has "Data manager" and "Tracks & routes manager" - same? Edit: ok, no. Data manager opens the last opened state, either points or tracks.
  •  

Tapio

Siberia is now a german province...

Maybe Locus shouldn't try to interpret what is in a folder? See screenshot, I have changing oam maps in that OAM folder. Menion you don't want me to put the Czech Republic into that folder 😁

EDIT: Tried it, the Czech Republic wins. Folder is named after the first file in the alphabet. Not useful, I think.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

Tapio

I found a small issue. Tried to delete an offline map (the Czech Republic from above posting) from within the Locus map manager. It said "process successful" but map stayed alive, nothing changed. Probably no access on my external SD. That's fine, but its message is wrong.
  •  

Menion

The new version MapGooglePlay_4.0.0 - Beta 3_985_beta,  as usually at the last moment on Friday, ready to play with.

@baegas
I do not have experience with the "Dex" system, but the whole "full-screen" system needs a bigger update. I'm sure, once done, it will help on Dex as well.

@balloni55
understand your point with the "guide on" button. But it leads more to a robust setup of the bottom panel for all buttons, not just few special geocaching. And this is not planned for now.

@freischneider
the button is moved a little bit up, to be aligned with the centering button. There is nothing that may convince me that it does not look nice :).

@tapio
well, a good old Map manager has many problems, not just this one. That's why I almost two years ago started work on the new Map Manager V2. It is in Beta under the "beta" category ... but it is not yet finished. Anyway thanks for reports, mainly about deleting of the map. I'll try to look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, Diddi

Erelen

Beta 3

Thanks for all fixes!

1. Map overlay in "Map-screen content" menu (https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7188.msg61843#msg61843). Now it works, but with annoying delay about 1 second. Normally, in this time I can read, what overlay map is used and close side-panel... But I still waiting for menu update.

2. Center and zoom  buttons now is too dark, comparing with bottom panel color. It looks strange... Too contrast with map and panel?
  •  

Menion

1. don't hurry too much :). The app waits for the finished setup of the overlay ... I'll try to speed it up a little bit  ::)

2, I know I know ... consider this as "proof of concept". It is not that bad, but should be closer to the rest of the dark UI, agree.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on January 26, 2021, 08:33:07
So general problem > visibility and tapping on the zoom buttons.
I've just added a small "protective area" around these two buttons to prevent accidental clicks on the map in case tapping right next to it. More challenging is visibility. Compare to LM3, it highly depends on the background map.
@Menion - dark mode is one workaround to improve visibility of these buttons.

• protective area around zoom buttons - not working - I can still tap little POI (shown in screen cap) which I positioned right next to a zoom button
  • in latest beta - map not refreshed when preset uses different map theme; no problems in beta2
  • could light/ dark mode be added to options for Quick Settings or even presets?
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
You may as well have some very dark map ... it is not an ideal solution.

- protective area: check the exact area on the screenshot. You are probably a little bit out of bounds
- map refresh, I'll check it thanks ... EDIT: testing, and seems to work. The first time, I had online LoMaps. After the change to offline vector map, all works. Isn't this your problem as well?
- dark mode > I do not think it is something that most people should change often. So no for now.
  •  

Andrew Heard

The protective area is working better on phone (only just tested) than tablet (in previous reply). However remember the screen cap looks a LOT bigger than on actual device, so the POI was visible very close to the button. My tested POI (in my screen cap) would be within your red rectangle.

Map refresh - checked again - OK on phone but with tablet after theme switch all POI are displayed, but base map stays black (dark theme) or white (light theme) until I drag the offline map. It appears related to the theme because 1 preset is 100% OK whereas 2 presets are bad. I'm sure this didn't happen in beta 2.
  •  

karlchick

Woo hoo! I love the improvements for dark mode. Now totally usable at night.

I agree the buttons are probably too black now though. Is it possible to use an alpha setting to match the rest of the GUI?

If the intention is to make the the buttons stand out against the bottom bar, perhaps a lighter or different colour (eg red-ish) or less/more alpha...

But thank you again for the dark map background!
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

freischneider

In the update info you write: updated links to LM4 manual.
When I click on manual nothing happens.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

WujTom

The day before yesterday and yesterday until ~ 17:00 I had a problem with the synchronization of training. Is it just me?

With the beta now valid until March 1, have your plans for the final release for March changed?

Do you plan to make the website available for testing (with route planning and training statistics)? If so, when?
  •