[APP] - version 3.50.+ ( 7. 1. 2021 )

Started by Menion, January 11, 2021, 19:42:00

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
7. 1. 2021 - Locus 3.50.0

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

skwal

something is wrong with the import of gpx files

i import a gpx. in other apps it is shown as an normal gpx
in locus is shows every point so that locus is very slow.
  •  

joeloc

No more fake user agent for online maps?! Was that really necessary? Who pressured you? :(
  •  

Menion

@joeloc
No more fake user agents.
More about it in a quite long discussion here on the help desk.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteThe missing overview is interesting. I was sure I've fixed this ... thanks, I'll look at it (should be anyway solved automatically over time, maybe tomorrow :) )
i didn´t know it is identical reason
currently on LMP as well as in LM4 most pictures inside a geocaching log (thumb nails are always visible) are not displayed afte click on thumb nail, window open with spinning arrows.....
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Čelda

If I lock a map layer and zoom it by pressing +, map gets zoomed 2x after the first  press (OK),  zoomed 4x after the second press (OK) but after any further press it is blank  :(. I am sure it didn't use to behave like this.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
problém with thumbnails in caches have to be a different problem. Give me please a cache code where I may test this, thanks.

@Čelda
What exactly is "lock a map layer"? Maybe a short video may be useful here. Also please check if this happens with vector maps as well.
  •  

Čelda

@Čelda
What exactly is "lock a map layer"?
Just pressing the rightmost key (12)
https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl

@Čelda
Also please check if this happens with vector maps as well.
Yes, vectors as well.
  •  

Menion

Understand. I'm trying it and online & vector maps, both works correctly for me.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteproblém with thumbnails in caches have to be a different problem. Give me please a cache code where I may test this, thanks
the problem is gone :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Čelda

Quote from: Menion on January 20, 2021, 13:39:14
Understand. I'm trying it and online & vector maps, both works correctly for me.
The problem may be connected with the setting of "Maps - Advanced features - Magnify all maps". In my case the function is on and set to 300%. If I switch the function off, the problem does not occur.
  •  

rudolf.posch49

Quote from: skwal on January 12, 2021, 16:59:27
something is wrong with the import of gpx files

i import a gpx. in other apps it is shown as an normal gpx
in locus is shows every point so that locus is very slow.

Problem with importing of gpx-files is gone with version 3.50.1 but heartrate is not shown in diagram after importing gpx-files from my Garmin Fenix 6X pro. Up to version 3.49 importing and showing in diagram was working well.
  •  

rudolf.posch49

This is a file where in 3.50.1 heartrate isn't shown in diagram.
  •  

Menion

Hello Rudolf,
yes, sorry. This is hopefully the last minor issue in loading GPX files in the latest version. Current HR and few more values are incorrectly ignored during import. Will be fixed in the next Locus Map verison. Sorry for this.

Henk van der Spek

And big surprise: an old problem from 3.48 is back with regard to shutting down Locus.
I wrote on 2020-10-2:
Faster indeed and (to my positive surprise) Locus shuts down correctly again by back button. Also with active guiding or navigation it works correct now. (With active navigation you get the standard alert).

Info: with the 3.48 versions Locus stayed active with visible gps symbol and it kept the active guidng alive and I had to swipe it away in the last used apps screen to really stop it. This happened on my Android 7 and on my wife's Android 10.

And another good surprise: this problem is gone now. No changes done here so cannot tell why it disappeared. I will keep an eye on it. (Still have the screen recording to prove that it existed)

I can send you a screen recording (too big for attachment). First I close Locus over the back butten and second over swiping to the right. Always waiting more than 10 seconds in between closing and restart.

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •