Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Diddi

I have an OnePlus Nord with an 6,44 inch display.

I like every option to customize Locus for myself. So I agree with auric's idea of making this geocache options available on both placed. I could live with menions attachement of the pop up menu, even it is for sure not really pretty :D
Happy to test new version, soon :)
  •  

jelleruben

Sadly it not possible to download it.
  •  

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_4.0.0 - Beta 1_983_beta just uploaded.

Quite a lot of changes mainly as a reaction to the discussions here on the forum, so big thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on January 15, 2021, 12:27:59

Quite a lot of changes mainly as a reaction to the discussions here on the forum, so big thanks!
I saw that new feature: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/22974-inclination-from-position-to-cursor
Wouldn't these values below the line also make sense for the two-finger-distance measuring?
  •  

Menion

It should already work in this Beta version if I remember correctly.
  •  

balloni55

# 60
unfortunately no improvement so far :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

auric

Great improvement: GC dialog and the option to move the button that triggers it is perfect 😁

My subscription: not yet implemented... 😉
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

lor74cas

Hi,
I like well-spaced icons in the menu, but the distance between the label and the icon is too big. Even the last few items on the menu are too far apart. The bottom with the locus logo could be placed next to the username.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

"Hold map center" is not applied by presets.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4 important milestone - congratulations to the whole Locus team.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
#60, this is not 100% precise. I've spent some time on this problem. The result is moving of the center of the screen on the point. On higher screens, you see this center even when the point bottom dialog appears. In the worst case, when you hide it, you see the point in the middle. At least something for now. I currently have no idea of a better solution, sorry.

@auric
Do you need "my subscription" when all features work without limits? :)

@lor74cas
hmm ... I use quite a standard sizing across the whole app. Bigger buttons have an advantage in easier tap and less-errors.
Check the attached image. Content in every button is spread equality to it's every part. So while keeping the height of every button like it is, the current layout seems to me optimal.

In case, you have any notification messages, it is visible in the top right corner. The name of the app and small banner is not so important to have them on the top. This is more or less a matter of taste and I like it as is to be true :).

@tapio
"Hold map center" is not available in presets.

@Andrew Heard
thanks Andrew. We are closer and closer ... with huuuge delay, but still in progress :)
  •  

Tapio

What is "Center map" in presets then?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

It is a change in the centering button: now center or not. It is the exact same action as when you tap on the big centering button.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - my experience with installing LM4 beta onto a new Android 10 tablet: after install I did a full restore (including all tracks & points) from another device, all OK, then bravely (?) did a manual Cloud Sync & got a "Whoops!" error #14199.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Diddi

I like the new beta and the option to put a thord custom Geocaching button in buttom list. ButI thought it would be additionally to the 5 existing buttons...

I love the new way to see main cache below, even when opening a single Waypoint from the map. Really nice!! :)
  •