[APP] - version 3.49.+ ( 15. 10. 2020 )

Started by Menion, October 20, 2020, 22:17:18

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on November 19, 2020, 09:15:18
Quite old topic
- 3 positive votes, 0 negative
- united behavior with the Route planner
Feel free to convince more people that old behavior was a lot better. But as usual, this will lead to different personal usage > extra settings to satisfy all  ::)
Well, I wouldn't mind an expert or INI file setting. Alternatively, give me waypoint editing/removing/adding in track editor and I'll be happy. ;) That one definitely has more interest than the one above:
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track-editor-add-waypoint-directly
  •  

slarti76

Anybody else have the problem that track overview icons in the track lists aren't created correctly anymore. Whatever I do to refresh it, there's only ever the track, never a map. The overview in the track details is perfectly fine.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I have the same, but only if the route leads across national borders. In this case, the background map is not displayed, only the route.
  •  

slarti76

Noticed something weird with Map Shading, look at the screenshots:

• Zoom 12 (200% here): Looking nice and detailed
  • Zoom 13 (also 200%): Huge loss of detail
  • For comparison Zoom 12 locked, but zoomed in once to 400%: Looks much better than Zoom 13, even though same area as Zoom 13
What's wrong here? It's a shame the nice map shading gets lost when zooming further in. Obviously not a problem of missing data.
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
Route editor: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/return-to-active-point-in-edit-on-map#comment-90666

Overview icons: there are always some problems with them ... hard to simulate as I need an exact track and the same vector maps like you have.

Map shading ... this is a result of performance optimization I made a long time ago. It reduces the number of interpolated points for shading to half at zoom level 13+. Agree it's detail is quite reduced. I may change this parameter now, but I've rather added it to my "to do" list and check it later with some performance tests.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rods

Hi

Since the last update, my new tracks can't generate thumbnails with map rendering. The old tracks with thumbnails get their thumbnails wiped if i make any update on track, like change line color, for example.

Everything was ok in early october, but after ver 3.49+ this problem started....

Tried to change the map from locus to open andro maps but the problem is still there...

Any help will be welcome

Thanks
  •  

Rods

Quote from: slarti76 on November 24, 2020, 11:36:21
Anybody else have the problem that track overview icons in the track lists aren't created correctly anymore. Whatever I do to refresh it, there's only ever the track, never a map. The overview in the track details is perfectly fine.

Same with me... any solution?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on November 30, 2020, 15:19:13
@slarti76
Route editor: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/return-to-active-point-in-edit-on-map#comment-90666
Thx, will check out.

QuoteOverview icons: there are always some problems with them ... hard to simulate as I need an exact track and the same vector maps like you have.
As rods wrote, I also think this is not just the usual "sometimes it doesn't work", but it got worse. Didn't try replacing existing yet, don't wanna lose them ;) But for new/changed tracks, it never works anymore.

QuoteMap shading ... this is a result of performance optimization I made a long time ago. It reduces the number of interpolated points for shading to half at zoom level 13+. Agree it's detail is quite reduced. I may change this parameter now, but I've rather added it to my "to do" list and check it later with some performance tests.
Thx, will also check.
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Thanks balloni, you are correct!

The missing overview is interesting. I was sure I've fixed this ... thanks, I'll look at it (should be anyway solved automatically over time, maybe tomorrow :) )
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •