Force Close when trying marker icon

Started by daled, January 19, 2011, 02:17:15

Menion

hi,
  did you tried last beta version? This functionality is there. Map button on track move you to last point on track. This will be on market in next release!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

daled

Thanks.  I did not try the beta because I've not yet rooted my phone.  I was hoping first to get the 2.2 upgrade from AT&T (if they ever do it, soon I may lose patience and root it and upgrade myself).
  •  

Menion

Oki!

only one think, for testing beta versions, you don't have to have rooted phone!
  •  

daled

unfortunately AT&T blocks installation of any apps except from the market place.  Hence you need to root the phone to remove that block to install an .apk file that is downloaded from a web site.

I did download the lastest version (0.9.8) from the market place and installed it.  I see that for tracks from the database it is possilbe to move the map to show the track after selecting it.  For tracks from "My Tracks" on google, however, Locus does not seem to move to the track after checking and loading it and the context menu item that says "Map" for the tracks in the database, says "Share" for the track in My Maps.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  very interesting that you're blocked to install non-market apps ...

about centering to My Maps data. This data are very complex ... OK it's no excuse! You're right, Map button is missing on My Maps. I'll look at it ...
  •  

daled

If it is difficult to compute and show the entire track from My Maps, perhaps it would be sufficient to just center the map on the first point in the track using the current zoom level.  That at least gets the user to the general location so they can pan/zoom as desired.
  •