Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

Raddino

with the updated version when I long-press randomly in map (in the middle of the forest, not to POI) Locus will crash

video here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YxLUpok9hU5RrEa79
  •  

john_percy

I, too, have been getting random crashes with the new beta.
I can reproduce the crash reliably by
1. Long press, so that address & details slide up panel appears on bottom part of screen
2. Tap on map screen so address panel disappears
3. Another long press, Locus crashes.

BTW I don't think this is the only way that Locus now crashes. Before this latest report by @Raddino, I thought it was connected with flinging the screen but I was not able to reproduce it.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Hmm new year 2021 ... not such a nice number like that one that passed. Let's home for a better covid-free year, full of outdoor adventures ;).

@slarti76
Good point with track preview ... I've improved this so a change in preview should not trigger sync. Anyway minor changes in track, like a change of style or even change of style of the folder when track "use folder style", still cause sync!

Galaxy Watch plugin > search for the version for Locus Map Free.

@tapio
"Centering button"
- center when "hold map center" is enabled > you are right, thanks.
- vibration vs notification > I've played with notification and it a) needs two extra texts for translation (X enabled / X disabled) and b) is partially hidden behind the palm.

"Hold center icon" ... hmm "you can do nothing here" is a good explanation of the "lock" symbol. I'm thinking about it and no icon makes sense to me now. So maybe at least notification with "Hold map center enabled" should help here for now :-\

@john_percy
I'm closer and closer to rewrite this "Set overlay" dialog to a more modern style ...

@freischneider
sorry for the confusion. I wanted to write: "You name this button "GPS button" (where I use rather name it "centering button") so it confused me."  :)

@Raddino
hmm, I'm unable to simulate exactly your steps, but the steps wrote by @john_percy below crash to me as well, nice, thanks! Fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

WujTom

A few of my observations.

1) can you turn off notifications for automatic export after a successful operation? You only really need information on how the export of the saved track will fail.
2) Is it possible to add an activity type to the dropbox in the name of the exported track, e.g. cycling, walking (2021-01-04_08-05-56_CYCLING.GPX)? This would facilitate further synchronization by tapiriik.com
3) I noticed that the beta version sometimes does not give the cyclical distance in the standard pro version, this problem does not occur. I have energy saving turned off and work as a service.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: WujTom on January 04, 2021, 09:38:18
1) can you turn off notifications for automatic export after a successful operation? You only really need information on how the export of the saved track will fail.
There are two other ways of notification:
1) temporary ones that do not need confirmation
2) message in the notification bar; no confirmation either.
I agree that forced confirmation should be restricted to failures.
  •  

balloni55

what is the meaning of colored triangles at TB's ?

today i droped 3 TB´s > updated the listing > two of them get a blue triangel one a green ???
after reopen the listing TB-tab all triangles of my dropped TB´s are green.

in some other listings i saw also red tiangles ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on January 04, 2021, 09:12:32
@slarti76
Good point with track preview ... I've improved this so a change in preview should not trigger sync. Anyway minor changes in track, like a change of style or even change of style of the folder when track "use folder style", still cause sync!
Agreed and thx.

QuoteGalaxy Watch plugin > search for the version for Locus Map Free.
Oops, yeah, there's two versions of that, too.  ::) Works fine, will try out this weekend in the snow :)
  •  

auric

I'm missing something. How do you enable dark mode? I can't find it 
I do know how to set "map mode" to night mode automatically, but is this possible for all the screens as well?
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

john_percy

@auric
First you need to ensure that Expert Settings is turned on:
- long press Locus main menu button
- tap Expert settings
- Expert settings appear in Locus Map settings

Then it's Settings > Expert Settings > Development > Dark Application Theme

(Both Expert Settings and Dark Theme are at the bottom of their screen of settings, so scroll and scroll.)

•  
    The following users thanked this post: auric

freischneider

When I show the right sidebar, the copyright shifts towards the middle (see picture). When I autohide the sidebar, the copyright stays on the far right.

Optical only:
The upper corner of the sidebar could be rounded off. As with the menu.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

john_percy

If i delete a theme the Legend stays and consequently so does the entry in the themes menu.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

•  

jeffreyk

Will their be a new beta version release now the the free version has a higher version number and its installed over the old beta?

Thanks
  •  

Neoaliphant

Just FYI, beta seems to be working and syncing fine using bluestacks, for those people who want to try it without risking their phone install. 
  •  

Menion

Nice bunch of feedback, thanks! Hope I'll have enough time to prepare the new version today ...

@WujTom
1) which notification you want to remove?
2) currently export for single track use "Track name", which I believe is perfectly fine. What you need is some kind of per-user customization and for this, the app is not (yet) ready
3) "does not give the cyclical distance" > needs more info

@balloni55
colored triangles only define the source of the image (cache, memory, internet). I've removed them from the Beta version :).

@freischneider
interesting. I'm unable to simulate it  :-\. When you auto-hide panels, no button is visible in the right panel?

And corner on the right panel ... because it may be over the whole screen up to the top, it is not so simple :)

@john_percy
ah, thanks, fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on January 08, 2021, 12:28:49
Nice bunch of feedback, thanks! Hope I'll have enough time to prepare the new version today ...

@WujTom
1) which notification you want to remove?
I also support having a separate notification category for "Track export successful". The current category is called "One-time tasks", and I'm weary to deactivate it for fear of missing out on other important notifications. But the track exported notif. is not needed for me (and obviously others), among other things there is also a message in the Locus notification center, that's enough.
  •