Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Menion

@tapio
E5_N50 is missing? How do you try it? I try download routing data for France North and this segment is available.
You wrote it is very "tiring". Currently are missing two main features: background download and download directly over the Route planner. Does this helps to make it less "tiring"? :)

Geotagged photos > thanks, fixed!

Removing waypoints from the track > I'm unable to simulate any problem with the latest version. May you please write to me (again?) more precise steps to simulate it? Thanks.

@balloni55
problem with the edit of waypoints: ah, it does not work for any waypoint to me. Thanks, fixed.

"Temporary disabled cache" > this is a really rare case :). Thanks, fixed

Crash in LMP: aaaa! Damn. New points stored in LM4 has a problem with open in LM Free/Pro. Thanks, will be fixed in the next update. Just all new points from LM4 (or just uprated), needs to be saved/imported again, sorry.

@Andrew Heard
if you may just zip it and share it with me, it will be perfect, thanks!

"Quick action menu" > heh, it was created a long time ago, correct, for CarpeIter controller. It was never officially published and to be true, I'm not sure if it has any extra usage without direct open from the hardware controller. Are you using it?

BRouter downloader > sure, a background task is a must-have. I first test if it works at all.

The initial directory in backup > ah, I know about this for months and always forget to fix it ... hmm, complicated than expected, but fixed, thanks.

Summary of sync task: hmm quite a complex task. The device in the first step sends to the server's current state since a certain date (usually last sync) and then receives many calls, steps that need to be done. So to do this, it will be necessary to completely change this login and firstly delivered to the device what will be done in the next steps for confirmation. Well, quite a lot of work ... maybe I should change the word "deleting" for "updating" :)

"Quick settings" ... checking ... should be stored in backups!

@john_percy
app detect during start all available directories that already have some data. So yes, it is an "Android system" folder, but it contains some data, for unknown reasons. Not a serious issue, because usually Locus Map warns during start if there is any problem. This is usually used more for our support on the help desk, where we may detect if the user really uses the directory he thinks he uses.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

john_percy

@Menion There was an empty directory data/files or similar. Deleted that, and now the message has gone. Looks like something to do with changing the "working directory".

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 30, 2020, 13:45:43
if you may just zip it and share it with me, it will be perfect, thanks!
@Menion - do you need track.db though? the compressed database folder with tracks.db = 86MB, without = 237KB - big difference in upload

Quote from: Menion on November 30, 2020, 13:45:43
"Quick action menu" > heh, it was created a long time ago, correct, for CarpeIter controller. It was never officially published and to be true, I'm not sure if it has any extra usage without direct open from the hardware controller. Are you using it?
Quick action menu? It has been in Free & Pro for years? Maybe we are confusing different functions? Function with the lightning bolt icon right? I use it all the time for 8 chosen functions, but in LM4 now with configurable larger # rows of menu, I guess that would be as convenient.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

freischneider

Beta testing ---Quick Action Menü
I've already asked myself. It's been around for a long time.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Menion, as for moving embedded WP, have a look:
https://youtu.be/4Jk7p3QoIGk
The green wp symbol is moved only after hide/show of the track. A refresh issue.

Also notice the nervous screen, I reported long ago. Happens in fullscreen mode, maybe related to the notch usage.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

In my last testing brouter segment downloader showed all segments. Now after I deleted all unnecessary segment files it only offers the 4 needed files. Ok now. Not tiring any more.
  •  

Axel D

Quote from: tapio on December 01, 2020, 19:00:10
In my last testing brouter segment downloader showed all segments. Now after I deleted all unnecessary segment files it only offers the 4 needed files. Ok now. Not tiring any more.
For me it shows also only 4 segments, but in my folder there are 6 segments. Only the 4 of them were updated by the new good functionality.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Jochen

@Menion: If I start the route planner in the new beta version, Locus crashes immediately. I installed it completely new, but this didn't solve the problem.

Kind regards

Jochen
  •  

Axel D

Quote from: Jochen on December 05, 2020, 09:52:26
@Menion: If I start the route planner in the new beta version, Locus crashes immediately. I installed it completely new, but this didn't solve the problem.

Kind regards

Jochen
Same for me.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Jochen on December 05, 2020, 09:52:26@Menion: If I start the route planner in the new beta version, Locus crashes immediately.
Same.

In menu: "Tracks and routes manager". But it is also a point manager...
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: Jochen on December 05, 2020, 09:52:26
@Menion: If I start the route planner in the new beta version, Locus crashes immediately.

same, and many functions in main menu > more are not working.
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys, indeed, the app crash in the route planner screen ... fixed in the new version (the same name, just updated date). Can't simulate issue with Menu > More, so hopefully fixed as well.

"Tracks and routes manager" > well, it opens the "Tracks" tab. Same with "Points manager" (which opens the "Points" tab.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quoteenter coords to a waypoint with 0.00 coords isn´t possible
confirm solved :)

corrected coords > link "show on map" didn´t work
e.g. https://coord.info/GC904V9
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Now that so many buttons can be added to the main menu (settings > controlling > panels > # rows), it would be very useful that buttons could be dragged to change positions. The only way to swap positions at present is to assign an unused (temporary) function to button1, then reassign button2, then reassign button1. Tedious.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Cache container size help

I think it's better to add a physical reference to help. With that you can imagine more.
See image
More information:
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=97&pgid=815
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •