Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Menion

@Andrew Heard
hmm problem with one-click is really weird. Code that controls this is shared between all versions. In case you tap in the area where no map item is selected, it should simply toggle all panels (in case of enabled "Google-style").

If it really does not work, may you please share with me a backup of your settings? App currently tests if "are all panels visible". To decide if tap should hide or show all panels. And here may be a problem.

A little weird is that if this method has some problem, it should not work for double-tap as well.

Btw. did you noticed new settings in the panel for the recording button?  ;)

@tapio
quite a serious problem, thanks! There seems to be some issue with the deleting of the waypoints as well. I'll look at it, thanks.

Dark mode: yes, it will be in the final version. I hoped a few months ago that I'll have enough time to re-create a track screen similar to the points screen (so new charts as well), but unfortunately, it will have to stay as is till some 4.x update.
At least this minor chart issue fixed, thanks.

@balloni55
thanks, seems to be an unsolvable problem for me. It is HTML code that is in the GPX file I've downloaded from the web and this html text seems to be incorrectly written (missing "escaping").
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

first outdoor test this morning,

# 659, no improvement on all proposals. ::) very cumbersome when using waypoints
# 674, behavior has changed, after "update cache" a window with reduced infos open??? why
# 689, solved :)
#694, no improvement and click on new "center button" has no other result.  target should be > map view

new issues:
- write a note and save it, reopen note > nothing is stored

- modify or add coords to a WP of a Multi, all works fine till i click save button > screenshot

- inside WP window, click middle down "puzzle button" >Caches arround ??? can´t imagine any benefit in this case and BTW in main cache screen identical "puzzele button" has other options!
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
since last ? update of LM4 i can only import geocaches from a mail notification when LM4 is running.
When LMP is running, the  message appears also
The only way to stop this recurring message is to start LM4
watch the screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bf5kih1koqnu6v/20201116_164452.mp4?dl=0
I have just sent you a bug report
when importing geocaches I don't use the default settings of which app should be used.
I always click " only this time "
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Amazing @balloni55, thanks very much for your help here!

In many cases, where it is not perfectly clear that change is 100% useful for all, I will wait for some more feedback.

- edit coordinates directly in the screen & coordinates at the beginning for mysteries > needs more feedbacks/independent requests
- clickable words > all has now small arrow
- full listing without the click on more > eh, how to do this? :)
- switch between listing & waypoints > needs more feedbacks/independent requests & personal field testing

really? Hmm, should not. Same for caches stored in the database and also temporary caches from the live map?

don't understand, sorry. Click on the map or new "center on map" button, returns to the map & hide the existing points screen to me.

Notes > ah right, I'm working on it ...

Waypoints > uff, this was a lot harder than I've expected. Hopefully fixed.

The "Puzzle button" contains features of all add-ons installed on your device. We were previously talked about this (add-ons were hidden behind the "share" button) and now it's directly quickly available here.

Crash when import from web ... hmm, nice, probably got it, thanks!
  •  

balloni55

take a look
Quote#674
really? Hmm, should not. Same for caches stored in the database and also temporary caches from the live map?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v171y55sqdl1f0x/%23674%20update%20cache.mp4?dl=0
Quote#694
don't understand, sorry. Click on the map or new "center on map" button, returns to the map & hide the existing points screen to me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw2fl9elisr258j/%23694%20not%20back%20to%20mapscreen.mp4?dl=0

EDIT:
Quote- clickable words > all has now small arrow
thanks,
peak of Waypoint arrow is concealed, visible in screencasts ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 16, 2020, 11:55:23
hmm problem with one-click is really weird...If it really does not work, may you please share with me a backup of your settings? App currently tests if "are all panels visible". To decide if tap should hide or show all panels. And here may be a problem.
@Menion - thanks for checking. I have attached my settings. Recall I have 6s screen timeout when Locus is running (using Tasker), but I disabled Tasker & can confirm this is not the reason.

Quote from: Menion on November 16, 2020, 11:55:23
Btw. did you noticed new settings in the panel for the recording button?  ;)
I hadn't noticed - excellent. Although that inevitably leads to issues with presets, sorry. Now presets will need extra setting for <Track rec visibility>. I also note inconsistency in existing presets - I assume all should now have 3 options (visible | auto | hidden):

• top panel - has all 3 options - OK
  • bottom panel - has visible & auto options, needs hidden option
  • right panel - has visible & auto options, needs hidden option
  • zoom control - has all 3 options - OK
  • Track rec control - please add
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

I think the green dot in the admission panel is good. But this one flashes.
I find it annoying. When I look at the map, it's always distracting. You can concentrate less on what you want to see on the map. The look goes back to the blinking.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jochen

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on November 17, 2020, 06:42:49I think the green dot in the admission panel is good. But this one flashes.
I find it annoying.
I can live with it. But also do not like the flashing too much. I'll give it a 4/10
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

LocusUser#1

I don't like the green record button at all, it was previously more than sufficient with the red button that came while recording was in progress, and now the flashing green center point is just too much for me. :o
  •  

T-mo

I also prefer red - well, I must admit I have been conditioned

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

We've had a green track recording button in LM3 for a few years without comment?

@menion - with track recording on & paused, and satellites out of view because indoors (may/ may not be relevant) I had a situation where the zoom-out button was completely ignored. The zoom-in button still worked! Unfortunately no other details but have never seen this weird behavior before.

update - easy to reproduce - unrelated to track recording or satellites - simply impossible to zoom out via button tap, or pinch gesture more than ruler showing 300m!
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: T-mo on November 17, 2020, 23:02:25
I also prefer red - well, I must admit I have been conditioned

I think the picture below is pretty good. But the current design is also good.
Color: I think we shouldn't look at what we've had since then. International is red for this button.
Red arrow if not started (in no case green, because that signals "the thing is running")
Red square (or circle) when recording is in progress. Here also the square or the circle green. This signals that the recording is running. Flashing signals this even better, of course, but it is very distracting.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks for the info. The link on the second video in your comment is the same as on the first, is it correct?

@Andrew Heard
thanks for the backup, problem found and solved.

Track record button in presets > added.

Missing "hide" options for the bottom & right panels are currently intent to prevent accidental hiding of panels with the content. If you want to have it hidden, simply don't insert buttons there, as you did with your bottom panel.

Problem with the zoom-out > can't imagine a different reason than active "zoom-lock".

Green recording button > it is an optional feature. You may change it's behavior in settings to auto-hide (it was before) or hide it permanently if wanted (Andrew's dream).

Flashing ... I found it hardly visible, but quite useful during foggy days we had in ČR. Give it a try in the field ;). I also miss some animations here and there, so wish me a little fun ;).

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on November 19, 2020, 09:08:28
@balloni55
thanks for the info. The link on the second video in your comment is the same as on the first, is it correct?
Upps :-[
sorry, now i have changed the second link to video ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 19, 2020, 09:08:28
Problem with the zoom-out > can't imagine a different reason than active "zoom-lock".
@Menion - thanks & well spotted & now fixed - but I've never used zoom-lock? I don't have zoom-lock in main menu or any panels. Zoom out was working fine early yesterday before I started Locus for a walk with track recording, then later the zoom issue I observed. So weird.
  •