Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 03, 2020, 13:16:02
wait, "hiding of the side panel does not work"? You seems to have recording button at the bottom and "Bottom panel visibility" settings does not work for you?
sure "Bottom panel visibility" auto-hide works, but I was hoping retain LM3 Pro layout/ behavior - hide this new & redundant red record button which is only visible while recording, not all the panel buttons, and especially not the green track recording button; at present there is a show| auto-hide| hide setting for all main screen components except the map screen content button & red record button; but let's park this discussion for now

Quote from: Menion on November 03, 2020, 13:16:02
Auto-zoom: it is not fixed to 20%. I wrote "up to 20%", so it already dynamically increase.
20% is not much, but again let's park this discussion for now, you have much bigger fish to fry
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
ah thanks. I wasn't sure if this notification is from Locus Map itself (my work) or not. I was supposed to learn German at the school as well, life should be so much easier :).

@balloni55
from where are these points? There are attached to any track?

@Andrew Heard
Opinion on the visibility of the recording button is quite individual. I'm still internally convinced that the permanently visible recording button indicates that there something happens with track recording. Missing button means = recording is not enabled for sure. And this is ideal > without any extra actions, I may immediately see if the recording is running or not.

But as you wrote ... "park it" for a while. Some more field testing, more people & opinions > change may come ;).

And "bigger fish to fry"  :D ... I prefer tofu ;).

---

"Current" text ... @Michal (responsible for all texts in Locus world), think it is correct. I'll involve him into this discussion.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Quotefrom where are these points? There are attached to any track?
these are all geocaches
but the same behaviour also occurs with self created POI's
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

after click on "mini map" or "map icon" inside waypoint window
reduced waypoint info is furthermore visible
i think map view should be the target
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on November 04, 2020, 08:28:18
I'm still internally convinced that the permanently visible recording button indicates that there something happens with track recording. Missing button means = recording is not enabled for sure. And this is ideal > without any extra actions, I may immediately see if the recording is running or not.
it is a change from LM3 but OK. If I will remove the Track Recording button from the bottom panel in all my presets to solve LM4 issue it affects LM3Pro too right?
  •  

slarti76

This is probably not LM4-specific, but I only ever used the Recording side panel here:
Could you add changing of the recording profile to the panel directly? I find the detour via settings too complicated. Perhaps it can be a choosable widget with a combobox.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on November 05, 2020, 11:09:37
This is probably not LM4-specific
I've never seen this new red recording button in LM3Pro? In LM4, IF, the new red recording button is hidden, that is not recording, it is now necessary to go to the main menu to re-enable track recording. So I don't see any advantage of auto-hiding this button.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 05, 2020, 22:30:02
Quote from: slarti76 on November 05, 2020, 11:09:37
This is probably not LM4-specific
I've never seen this new red recording button in LM3Pro? In LM4, IF, the new red recording button is hidden, that is not recording, it is now necessary to go to the main menu to re-enable track recording. So I don't see any advantage of auto-hiding this button.
Did you quote the wrong post? I was talking about the recording side bar and the selection of the recording profile, not about the (new) button.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on November 06, 2020, 13:35:09
Did you quote the wrong post? I was talking about the recording side bar and the selection of the recording profile, not about the (new) button.
@slarti76 - not sure now, it's all a bit confusing (sorry) - the (new) (red) button when tapped displays the recording side bar & recording profile right? Are we talking about different things?
  •  

poutnikl

This probably applies to both LM3+4, but  I mostly use LM4 as I got used to it.....

I have set ON the map scale switch in Settings/Maps/Auxiliary graphics.

The scale is displayed on the main map screen, but not during navigation, where I often miss that. Should not navigation screen honor the settings as well ?

I remember there was a similar issue with the planner screen in past. The scale was on the bottom, in contrary to the main screen, and there it was covered by the stats bar.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

jonny.blue

Today I did some caches with LM4 and found those things:
- when logging a cache
   + the found flag isn't active
   + the action after found (move it to another folder) isn't executed
- the direct link to website is not present ... I found it only in the old cache card

The rest (except mentioned waypoints ) is working good. 👍
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 06, 2020, 23:04:12
Quote from: slarti76 on November 06, 2020, 13:35:09
@slarti76 - not sure now, it's all a bit confusing (sorry) - the (new) (red) button when tapped displays the recording side bar & recording profile right? Are we talking about different things?
Well, the button is new, but the sidebar isn't. And I was only talking about the sidebar, you were talking about the button, that's why I thought that your post was quoting me erroneously, as these are different topics.
And no, the side bar doesn't show the recording profile (directly), that's my point.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on November 09, 2020, 08:55:15
Well, the button is new, but the sidebar isn't
yeah, I don't use the LM3 sidebar, more clutter/ less space for the map

another issue with a (new) track recording  button that auto-hides when not in use - if you stop recording then want to start again, there is no button to tap, unless configured from main menu?

I generally start Locus well before a ride. Track recording auto starts. But the accuracy is generally poor for a few minutes. So just before the ride I generally stop recording/ delete the track/ start recording. I don't think the new red button allows this. Better & for consistency would be user control over visibility: off|auto-hide|on, just like other panels and map objects.
  •  

freischneider

I think it's as good as it is. If the red button is there, the recording is in progress. If the button is not there, no recording will take place. A very clear thing. I find everything else less clear. The button always shown only covers the cards. To start you just have to click the main menu and click on the recording. I rarely use the sidebar anymore. Have max. Number of applications in the menu. There I have almost everything that was in the sidebar. Everything can be reached quickly.
If I need more I put it in the sidebar and hide it.
Menion created clear structures. We should keep them that way.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Bug. In the main menu, if I change the function of one or more buttons, then reorder one of the buttons, then close/open the menu:
The change of functions will not be remembered.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •