Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

john_percy

On a couple of occasions recently, the cross hair "centre" of screen has been shifted up to the top quarter. I've never seen this before
I have "shift the centre when rotation set on" on. On both occasions, rotation was off.
Sorry, can't find what steps are needed to reproduce it.
Turning rotation on then off seems to clear the bug.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on October 11, 2020, 12:07:48Really only navigation waypoints are excluded. I do not see serious reason to exclude also manually created own waypoints.
Well a) I think it is just logical. A track is the trackpoints and optional embedded waypoints. A tool could provide to leave them out on export. This is the more Locus= "Swiss Army Knife" point of view.
b) I mentioned why it could be useful. In BRouter web you can upload/view multiple GPX. Useful to have an overview on where I already was. So if the tracks have WP, the view is cluttered with them.
Thx for fixing direct WP delete.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
I've an idea why this may happen, so in the next version, this should not happen anymore, thanks!

@tapio
better discuss in an appropriate topic on help desk. Anyway, the main idea was about better support for Garmin devices, that have problems with a huge number of waypoints. Web Brouter is not a good argument for me. I consider the mentioned web page as a nice tool for geeks, but not for the basic users. We are also building own web planner, so ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

In the main menu -> "More functions" -> ... -> "+ Add to map s..."
I honestly couldn't tell where "map s" is. Now I see, it's "Map screen" and what is meant is the toolbar.

->Full text could at least be shown when in landscape mode, but it seems to have a fixed length.
  •  

john_percy

Still incorrectly getting "Nothing to display" on map screen content menu from time to time. Second screenshot is correct behaviour.
Obviously I can't change the theme in the first case.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Tapio

Start recoeding via intent works, but the stop is being ignored. On stop Locus says, the recording profile "Wandern" is not active.

Start:
tasks: { track_record  : { action: "start", name: "Wandern", auto_save: true } }

Stop:
tasks: { track_record  : { action: "stop", name: "Wandern", auto_save: true } }

Just saying. I now leave out the name on stop, its better this way anyway.
  •  

slarti76

Does anybody else have the problem that auto-save sometimes doesn't use the correct folder? I mean, if a recording profile has an auto-save folder set, it will sometimes still save in the last used folder.
Dunno yet how to reproduce it, so just asking around if I'm the only one who experiences this...
  •  

Tapio

Will use it for my recording from now on and keep that in mind. Also using auto saving with preset folder, plus auto export gpx to file system.
  •  

Tapio

I renamed my recording profile, but Locus still remembers its initial theme, is there a reason for this?
  •  

Tapio

Recording related issues.

a) Does not remember the chosen recording profile, picks the first one
b) Intent for recording start does not use the desired recording profile
c) Has been mentioned: does not auto save into predefined database folder
  •  

Tapio

Menion, I just realised that the most frequent question, if following a route and out in the wilds, is not answered by Locus directly:

"Wait. What's the (on track) distance from here until... the next hut?"

This simple question comes up so often... Somebody asks you "how far until...?" The answer could be presented in the trackpoint popup or in the new point info.

Currently I do the maths with values which are presented. E. g. (targets distance from start) minus (currentpos distance from start).

T-mo

Menion, I currently only use Locus in a very basic way.

• What I really like with LM4 lately:
    using the route planner and brouter internal we achieve the new Way-types and Surface indication.
    I really like the use of them as sliders to slide along the route 8)
    This is not possible with the Elevation profile, you still have to jump to certain positions, no sliding left-right possible..
    Can you also add this sliding-possibility to the elevation-profile?
  • I was driving around in car with friends and routing on and showed the friends-childs my cool jedi-move to control the display (wave once). Even after using the PIN and fingerprint it still sometimes happens to me, with this function enabled and certain time of display-off, that Locus seems to fight something and the screen goes on/off/on/off/../..infinity > only reboot the phone helps. I don't have any further tools in use to control this. Can you doublecheck the implemented routine, changes without onn-off-checks, ..? Can you implement a disable-fallback if there are maybe 6+ times the on/off-event within some seconds (event-count vs event-time-difference-ratio, sort of, e.g.)...which might be a very strange usecase if really meant like this.
  •  

PeterSpunkt

hello,

I want to test new Version linked in first post.
What happens when I install it on my phone where LM Premium 3.49.0 is already installed. Can both Versions be used alongside? Or will installing end in an update of the existing installation?

I don't want to risk any data loss.

Thank you all

Peter S.
  •  

jajaballard

Sorry guys,
maybe I missed it:
I search for the ability to quick change the map theme for vector maps, as it was available on the left control panel..

Regards
Ralf
  •  

Menion

14 days without answers, sorry!
Meantime I finished geocaching part of the new point screen and the option to flip the whole main screen layout. Currently, I'm working with Radim on our own BRouter data generator that will be integrated directly into the app, probably in a similar way to downloading elevation HGT files.

But back to discussion ...

@tapio
As I use these popups, width of the popup is partially defined in the system. Anyway, I'll look on it.

Problem with the stop of recording over intent: hmm, I'm checking code and all seems correct. You may check on your own if at the moment you send intent, the required recording profile is really active (highlighted in the track recording settings).

Name of recording profile: what you highlighted is profile base activity selected when creating a profile for once and forever. It is used in many places and affects mainly the compute of energy, activity preselected during saving, an icon of the profile, average speed computed during recording, etc. So if you want to change it, create a new profile.

Mentioned 3 problems
a) are you sure, the profile is not changed over presets?
b) even the start of recording does not work? You wrote only about a "stop" before.
c) will have to verify

Distance along active route: very wanted task, I know. Doable with a new LM4 point screen. Remind me this once LM4 will be out and I'll return from at least a 14-day vacation  ;D, thanks.

@john_percy
I also rarely notice this issue, but never at the moment, I sit behind the computer :). Not a serious problem and I'm aware of it, so it will be solved one day, for sure  ;)

@slarti76
I'm not aware of any problem with the auto-save feature. Only how this may happen is that you have an active different profile at the moment of the save operation. It is important to keep in mind, that profile may be changed during recording (manually of for example over "Presets").

@T-mo
1. good point. Added.
2. this is a little more complicated. Without simulation, I can't see the option to fix it. It looks to me like something specific to your device, because I never saw such a problem. Probably the best suggestion: "don't use this feature"  :-\.

@PeterSpunkt
LM4 beta is a version created from common Locus Map Free, so it may live side-by-side to current Locus Map Pro. Anyway, it is suggested to create a manual full backup over "Backup manager", just for sure. Both versions share most of its data, so to be safe ...

@jajaballard
then is a small white floating button with all available options that are related to maps, so also change of themes. If you had previously "theme button" directly visible on the screen, this feature is not available. So now it's two clicks instead of one to get to the selection of themes.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download