Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Andrew Heard

I haven't noticed this silent upgrading. But at least it is just the free/ test version. I assume you normally use Pro anyway.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

Well, not really. I got used to LM4. Also, I have set updating via WiFi only, but this is  ignored here. Probably GP issue.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

john_percy

I have the reverse problem: after an OTA upgrade from Motorola, Google Play no longer updates any app automatically at all.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

I have tested the hypothesis it may be an issue of beta tester program of GP.

I have noted yesterday the current version of Podcast Addict, the other app I am subscribed as a beta tester. I have updated manually all applications but these 2 applications ( LM3 free + PA ) where both have listed an available update.

Today, at the usual morning hour, I have noticed the regular unsolicited LM3 free update happened again. The PA app has stayed not updated.

I guess it is either an issue specific to LM, either it has something to do with LM4 being side-loaded in parallel with GP app with the same App ID ( a kind of system protection? )

Menion

Hi guys,
work on sync + small vacation made me "out" for a while, sorry.

Firstly, thanks for the valuable feedback regards surface types. I made another iteration, so the test will be possible in the next version. New state is attached as image to this post. It is easier for me to post a screenshot of the code directly, so hope it is readable for you (not-developers).

Hint: values separated by comma are all attached to 'Surface' value defined after '->' symbol. So for example "asphalt + paved" are attached to ASPHALT.

About versions: it is currently a little complicated as there is a basic Beta version, an Alpha version with routing, and an Alpha version with a sync system. And this most probably causes this mess. Once all will be merged (I'm sure till end of October), live will be a lot easier :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

poutnikl

Thanks for version clarification.
Regarding surface categorisation, it seems very fine to me.

freischneider

I would add dirt to Ground. Most of the time ground is in there. But some also put in dirt or mud. But I would call both of them ground
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

poutnikl

@freischneider  +1

Menion

One category less? Perfect!! Thanks

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_3.48.2.1_962_beta ready to play.

Mostly minor fixes (also reported for published Pro version), playing with green as a secondary color, updated "surface", etc etc.

Enjoy coming weekend!
  •  

freischneider

Route planner: display of name (surface, route type) at a specific point. I like it !
I think green as a secondary color is bad. The contrast is not that good. When it comes to hiking and mountain biking, there is often forest on the maps and this is shown in green. Green on green is hard to see. Blue was much better. For me, blue is also a kind of identification mark (trademark) for Locus.
  •  

balloni55

after installation version 3.48.0.6 is displayed for me and no inner BRouter is available
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
green is not instead of blue, it is instead of orange/red in previous versions. Anyway thanks, I need to test it out in the field.

@balloni55
you need a version 3.84.2.1! It is also as "sync" version (link in "sync" topic) for the brave :).
  •  

Ricardo Borges

Build 962 don't show my custom Map Theme. I have to find out why.

Enviado de meu Moto Z3 Play usando o Tapatalk

•  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on September 25, 2020, 15:11:43
@freischneider
green is not instead of blue, it is instead of orange/red in previous versions. Anyway thanks, I need to test it out in the field.

@balloni55
you need a version 3.84.2.1! It is also as "sync" version (link in "sync" topic) for the brave :).
right, I almost forgot. In any case, it was better before
  •