Started by Menion, August 31, 2020, 16:07:03

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
28. 8. 2020 - Locus 3.48.0
10. 9. 2020 - Locus 3.48.1

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

"Select all" in file browser (gpx import to folder) seems to select subfolders as well, resulting in "same filetype" error message.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Ah, thanks Tapio. Got it, will be fixed in the next version.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

balloni55

backup mystery...
my setting: backup every day, keep 2
today i´ve got 3 messages (10:01, 16:30, 16:58) "Backup not sucessfull"
first two backups are stored, are they ok??
but they are not recognized, so i get third  message
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

"Backup not successful" notification. Unfortunately I swiped it away. I see a working zip file from this morning, it seems OK.
  •  

tramp20

With this new version 3.48.1 I get always a crash (free and pro on Android 10, Android 5.1.1 is ok) when I close automatic backup - settings even without changing something.
I sent two feedbacks today

User ID acc406201
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

Thanks @tramp, based on this and also the second problem with crash after adding the WMS map, I've today published one more version: 3.48.2. Tested so it should work correctly now.

@balloni55
thanks, the TODO list for geocaching is growing and growing ...  ???

Some problems with backup ... there should be minor update in current version in cases, you get backups more often then planned. Anyway I still did not observe any "unsucessful" message ...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: tramp20

tramp20

Quote from: menion on September 11, 2020, 19:58:11
Thanks @tramp, I've today published one more version: 3.48.2. Tested so it should work correctly now.

Thank you, no more crashes with  automatic backup - settings.

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: Menion on September 11, 2020, 19:58:11
Anyway I still did not observe any "unsucessful" message ...

Today again but this time without a backup.
The other times this message came with a correct backup.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Andrew Heard

Today I had to rely on restoring a backup while diagnosing lack of DEVICE ADMIN APP security settings for display on/off control while navigating. I found (unrelated to my main task) that Navigation > "Link with preset" settings are not restored. Maybe a bug?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Bug - untranslated string: "T:Invalid source parameters": 3.48.2 Pro. Probably not  related to latest version.

From Route Planner: I was trying to create a test route with navigation commands every 10 metres where I could subsequently set the command to be one of the 10+ directions for testing my own TTS ZIP. I get an error that distance between points (10m) is too short. This is OK, but then on undo, I get the untranslated string: "T:Invalid source parameters".
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

"Unsuccessful Backup" notification. 2:01 am. But there is a zip file from 2:01 and it seems OK.
  •  

slarti76

One little improvement for the Track Editor:
Menion, you might remembered some years ago we discussed about the "timestamp-recalculate" feature of the Track Editor?! For those who don't know: In the Track Editor ("Modify Track"), when using "Insert/Edit trackpoint", moving track points will also change their timestamps. For adding trackpoints, it's obvious that a new time has to be calculated. Now when moving existing points, Locus will also recalculate the timestamp based on the new distances. In principle a useful feature, but I always disagreed with Menion about existing points (and I would still like to see a switch "Auto-Recalculate On/Off" in the track editor).
Anyway, we found a (kinda hidden) compromise: When only moving a single point, Locus will not touch its timestamp. So there's a slightly hidden possibility to edit without touching the timestamps.

Now my request concerns gaps: Currently, that recalculation also takes place across gaps. But I think you wil agree that gaps are there to separate different sections of a track. So assume we have the following points:

• 12:00.00
  • 12:00.10
  • gap
  • 12:10.00
  • 12:10.10
Currently, if you move points 1 and 2, the time difference between 2 and 3 will also be smoothed. The exact result of course depends on the actual location, but we might get something like 12:00:00 - 12:05:00 - 12:10:00. I think you'll agree that this is wrong.
So would it be possible to never let your recalculation "extend over" gaps? Even if you edit 1,2 and 3, points 2 and 3 are effectively end and start points of a section and should therefore keep their timestamps.
Agreed?