Screen locked with PIN when navigation

Started by deelite, July 07, 2020, 13:06:50

deelite

Hello, I have to raise this subject again.
When I navigate with LM, my S10e is locked after the screen is turned off (although automatic locking is disabled in general and disabled in my presets) and I can ONLY unlock it with the PIN. Not with Face Unlock and also not with the fingerprint.
Since the screen does not always turn on reliably before a turn, I have to stop before it every time or enter the PIN while driving.
This gets on my nerves so much that I use other apps for navigation, which I don't really like, since I'm tracking with LM anyway.

In another thread I've already been told that this is a Samsung specific problem. This is not so. My wife has the same problem on her P30 lite new edition. And other navigation tips (Komoot, Maps.me) also stay on during navigation and the phone can be unlocked with Face Unlock or fingerprint after turning off the screen.

So the problem must be with LM. And I know that I am not the only one with this problem.

Please try to solve it.

Thanks a lot already.
  •  

GusGF

Yes I also have the same problem on a Honor 8X
  •  

*Fingerprint Unlock Tests. What I found.

A. Display OFF by Android only. (Screen Sleep time out or by short push power button )

Komoot Android screen time out > Display OFF > Fingerprint unlock > Display ON (complete unlock)
Locus Android screen time out > Display OFF > Fingerprint unlock > Display ON (complete unlock)

B. Display OFF by a Locus map Pro action. (Locus Device Administrator /Locus Map as service )

(Settings > Controlling > Display > Screen ON/OFF control)

When Locus map Pro triggers a Display OFF,  than Fingerprint unlock asks PIN.

By the actual Locus map Pro version.

1. Display OFF > Push Power button > Display ON. (Partial unlock, Locus map, no keyboard)
2. Display OFF > Proximity Wave Unlock > Display ON. (Partial unlock, Locus map, no keyboard)
3. Display OFF > Fingerprint Unlock > Phone asks PIN > Tap Return Button > Display ON. (Partial unlock, Locus map, no keyboard)
4. Display OFF > Fingerprint Unlock > Phone asks PIN > Enter PIN > Display ON > (Complete unlock, keyboard activ)

Enter PIN if you need other Android app, e.g the keyboard app.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: GusGF

jonny.blue

Fingerprint Unlock Tests.

I have this problem too 🙄... but never examined in that way. 😎
  •  

GusGF

Yea really good information I'll be checking next time I'm out.

Thank you
  •  

michaelbechtold

Very good indeed, 0709!
It also tells that Locus does it right. Because Locus must not enable other apps to work in foreground.
  •  

GusGF

Is this in the Locus documentation?   ::)

Should be, very beneficial  :)

deelite

Did you test all these scenarios while navigating with LM?
All unlocks are working as expected and as you explained when NO navigation is running. I can unlock with no problems by fingerprint or there is no lock.

But there is a lock when locking is of and fingerprint isn't working WHEN navigation is running.
It's all about the navigation.
  •  

QuoteDid you test all these scenarios while navigating with LM?
Did you ?

General rule: "The app that turns the display OFF must turn the display ON".

Locus Pro Panel: "Display (de)activate" SET @ navigation.

- @ navigation display OFF by auto screen turn-off function in that panel. (You have set)
- Than display ON should be triggered only by function (gesture) in that same Panel.

If you do not like, you should not use display OFF function by the Locus panel.
Than only use the standard Android display time out.  Example 15 sec or 30 sec etc.
- Locus Panel: "Display (de)activate" > Auto screen turn-off: SET: 0.
- Locus Panel: "Always Screen On": SET: OFF

Display OFF by the Android time out > Fingerprint will reliably open Display without entering PIN @ navigation.

By the way. A function NOT offered by Locus.  Nice to have for (walking) users with a flip case ?
I do not need...so I do not suggest in New Idea. See a video how it could look like.

https://youtu.be/odWv_dptYUI
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Don't go hiking with a flipcase. It will impact your compass reading.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Armor_2 met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

I agree Henk with that warning. Also the one I do use as is shown in the demo video, does have a magnetic closure. (And I suppose most such flip cases do have).  I know also "GusGF" does not use a flip case  ;)
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

deelite

Quote from: 0709 on July 22, 2020, 08:44:45
QuoteDid you test all these scenarios while navigating with LM?
Did you ?

Yes, several hundred times.

QuoteGeneral rule: "The app that turns the display OFF must turn the display ON".

Okay, that makes sense to me.

QuoteLocus Pro Panel: "Display (de)activate" SET @ navigation.

- @ navigation display OFF by auto screen turn-off function in that panel. (You have set)
- Than display ON should be triggered only by function (gesture) in that same Panel.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean with "Locus Pro Panel" and with "display OFF" -> I don't know any setting that looks like this.

But: thank you very much first of all for the explanations, if I still find the settings in question, this might be a solution for me.
  •  

See attachment.  Display on/off feature in Locus Pro  ;)
https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:control#screen_on_off_control
See auto screen turn off. (Set to 0)

Auto screen turn-off
setting of the interval before turning the screen off again
is set in 5 second steps from 0 to 120 seconds. 0 = screen turning off is disabled (until the system (Android) turns the screen off)
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jonny.blue

deelite

OK, the 0 seconds for auto turn off I always had set. But I used "Display always on" when charging. In all used presets and in Locus' global settings. This I turned off and now a dry run at home works. I will ride my bike for a while to test it.

Vielen Dank für die Erklärung!

However, it seems to me a very sensitive function when these two settings influence each other.
  •  

jonny.blue

General rule: "The app that turns the display OFF must turn the display ON".

I wasn't aware of that ... thanks for explanation.

Now ... after two years 🙄 I finally found all my settings to use LM with moto bike👍 without touching the screen (or even stop and be forced to interact)😎
  •