Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Menion

Ah indeed, I've tried it on the second device and some error appear after login ... hmm, mnt (thanks).

EDIT: hopefully fixed!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Hamburger menu now works again for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2020, 18:15:41
EDIT: hopefully fixed!

Yes, nice.

Very fast new build online :o
  •  

freischneider

I have an idea for the Map Content Panel. Please add map items.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

jonny.blue

Weird ... on my tablet it's working. On my mobile S10e it doesn't.

With new version now it's working on my mobile too. 😎👍
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, beyond my mail I did some more testing with POI DBs.
It seems that up to about 60 DBs the POIs are displayed properly. Adding one more maps/db to the standard Locus vectormaps folder - regardless which one, and after Locus restart - Locus LM4 pretends there are no POIs at all. Taking one (or two) of the DBs out again, LM4 will present the POIs again.
Any idea how to fix that ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: the latest Pro version shows the error message (No ...) for the max. set of maps that still works with LM4.
  •  

michaelbechtold

PPS: even more weird - after seeing the set of maps and POIs work, I did some other stuff with tracks (incl. screenshots), then stopped over night, but left LM4 active (as a service). Trying POIs after breakfast, it did no longer work!
Removing some maps did not help, removing some more neither, always with cache removal by Locus.
Only de-install and re-install of LM4 helped, i.e. it now works again, but for how long ?
Can there be any mechanics that would turn a working setup into a non-working one - just by elapsed time ?
Or by doing any stuff that changes and takes memory (like my track actions, and screenshots) ?
  •  

Joska

Hi
Today, first time I used LM4 with Galaxy Active Smartwatch. I could see a track, contructed with LM, but no active track-record. Can somebody confirm this? With LM3 all is okay.

Joska
---
  •  

jonny.blue

Sometimes I have some peaks/GPS runaways in my tracks ...
I examined my settings and found no problem. Today I had the runaways again ... and as the picture shows: all in connection with a cache.
What I did: navigating along a route and some meters before reaching the cache use Locus compass to show distance to cache.
Maybe this caused the problem?
  •  

poutnikl

Is it possible you have in Settings/GPS & sensors set Google Services assisted location
and at the same time in Setting track recording / recording profile
you do not have set reasonable limit for location accuracy, e.g. 50 m ?

In such a case, LM may record very inaccurate location based on GSM towers and not GNSS based location, in case GNSS location is not available.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

jonny.blue

Is it possible you have in Settings/GPS & sensors set Google Services assisted location
and at the same time in Setting track recording / recording profile
you do not have set reasonable limit for location accuracy, e.g. 50 m ?

Thanks and yes, Google Services is active ... I thought this was the best setting. Changed it ... but btw.  when should it be used?
Accuracy is set to even 20m, filtering to middle ... just to prevent the above problem.

Just see what happens tomorrow ...
  •  

poutnikl

Just by chance, do you have set "Record when GPS is OFF" ?

BTW, nothing wrong with Google Services active .. - it is good to have it ON. It just may contribute to the issue if there is a particular combination of location related settings, mainly for recording, as it may record position not based on GPS ( more correctly GNSS, as GPS is specifically US GNSS. Glonass, Galileo, Baidou are alternatives to GPS )

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

Hmm idea that location from the cell-id/wi-fi may be recorded in this case, is interesting. Maybe I see something that may has effect on this ... will improve it to the next version, thanks.

*** Locus Map 4, 3.46.2.2 *** just available for the weekend test  ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Hide all tracks and points. Since then long click on data symbol in the sidebar. Then the 2 symbols appear at the top left crossed out (picture). The symbols do not appear in LM4.

This function could also be found in the Map Content Panel. Possibly in active elements.
Or the data symbol opposite points nearby. And then with long click hide and normal click access to points and tracks
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •