Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

poutnikl

I have noticed that after cache clearing, LM4 build 936 does not restart after 5s progress bar before restarting,

LM3 pro / free / beta restart always worked for me after settings restore before ( not remembering last success ), but now I have realized the latest LM3 pro fails to restart as well, after settings restore or cache clearing on my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10.

In both cases, I have to start it manually. No big deal, but It should work if advertised.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

jonny.blue

They are not visible right when this screen displays?

Yes, with one preset the panel is (almost 🤔 ) hidden.
I tried a little bit to touch the area ... and when I hit a place where a butten shoud be ... it works.
It seems as if the panel is compressed.
... and after some attempts it appears partially.
  •  

jonny.blue

They are not visible right when this screen displays?

Finaly found it out after switching one by one option:
when you set 'display->full screen ... not only notification bar disappears but also bottom panel of this popup.
  •  

jonny.blue

@jonny.blue
The geocaching part of the new point screen is definitely not finished. The current state is work-in-progress. So if, I will appreciate some feedback based on work with all points except geocaching :).

... ohhh, just forgot. 😚
  •  

Menion

@poutnikl
and there is a text that app will restart after 5 seconds? On modern Android 10+ devices should be the text "Please restart the app after %s seconds", because I've lost the option to restart the app automatically and still can't find a method to do it.

@jonny.blue
ah thanks. This bottom panel drives me mad, hmm ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

poutnikl

Well, you are true, it is "Please restart.." :-D

I have not read it properly, fooling myself seeing old good 5s to restart message.  Like if you rode through a crossing for many years and suddenly they changed the way priority. :-D

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

;D

In the old Android version, it was possible to simply terminate the app by something like "kill -9" and before this, register action to start it again after 5 seconds. But this unfortunately no longer works on A10+. App simply cannot start itself ... so for now ... "Please restart..." :)
  •  

T-mo

LM4_936

• bug: with activated Controlling>Display>Screen on/off control (wave once) Locus runs nuts when I hit the main-menu-button (map-screen hamburger-style)..the display continuously goes on and off , only reboot helps. Had this several times now. Haven't had this with 933 AFAIR.
  • personal preference: theme-details is too long away. I would go a step further than Tapio ;)..I wish I could do long-press layer-button or some other magic to directly jump into the theme-details-screen. Just as a suggestion as I don't want to use map-screen-space with the 'old-but-gold'-blue-flag e.g. But 3 well-placed long-distance-finger-placements are..well, more than 1. I will beat you all in speed-tests by the way 8)
  • question: long-press position-button pops up the 'Hold map center' menu which I can modify then..is this your default-mechanism to be able to expand this menu to 2 settings or even more? I suggest long press directly changes the one-and-only-option in the case it's only one. With 2 or more entries then pop-up..
  •  

jonny.blue

Today I was navigating along a route ... and had several problems:
- navigation has stopped several times while searching (with compass) a geocache
- two or three time Locus started completely new (track recording was continued, navigation had to be started manual)

Because all this is not repeatable by a single action ... is there a logfile where problems are documented?

PS: maybe some problems are caused from screen lock (I use basic lock) . With this lock it's always a little bit weird ... but finaly it works while driving.

PSPS: during my tour today I didn't use lock screen and geocaching - just navigating - and all works great over 3h and 140km 😎
  •  

jonny.blue

How can I start expert settings?
Long press menu doesn't work ... 😨
  •  

T-mo

Here long-press-menu (main map screen, hamburger-style flag-button) does work - a new window 'Public Tools' pops up with Tweaks and Basic tools. Expert settings activates the additional 'Expert settings'-entry in Settings
  •  

jonny.blue

Here long-press-menu ...
Weird ... on my tablet it's working. On my mobile S10e it doesn't. 🤔
  •  

john_percy

Not working on my phone either. But as already reported, hamburger menu not keen on responding anyway.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

New Alpha version on Google Drive for download.

Among many smaller fixes & improvements, as usual, most visible change is completely rewritten "File browser" and added support for the "One drive" storage system from Microsoft.
  •  

LocusUser#1

Hello Menion,

Nice that OneDrive Support is now available, is my preferred online storage service.
Unfortunately, nothing works there, only an empty tab is displayed in the file manager.  ???
  •