[Theme] Waymark for v4 maps (experimental)

Started by karlchick, May 03, 2020, 02:57:48

karlchick

In the following post I used a script to semi-automatically convert the Waymark-V2a LoMap theme to be compatible with the MF v4 map theme renderer, i.e. so it would "work" with v4 maps:

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6948.msg59452#msg59452

I used the Waymark-V2a theme purely as a test of the script as it is quite a large theme file, and it "worked" with v4 maps, in so much that it is displayed something. However it was pointed out that it didn't display the hiking trails, cycle routes or waymark symbols.

I started to look at why and realised that the Waymark-V2a theme was developed purely for Locus Map maps and did not appear to support OAMaps. I have made some further tweaks to the converted version from the link above and got the cycleways, hiking routes and waymarks to display now. You can also select/deselect the hiking/cycle routes. However, I do not think it will be possible to deselect waymark symbols for specific OSMC colour routes. For now, the theme only switches on/off all waymark symbols. Also not finding a way to not show trails when waymark routes are selected - other than overdraw the trails, but the route labels still show... so I left it alone for now).

I've not packaged it up into a ZIP with all the resources yet, because it is really just an experimental theme at this stage which will require some more testing/feedback, especially considering the original is set up for LoMap tags and not OAMap tags. There will probably be many other missing items for this reason. Probably a Waymark-V2a user will spot them very quickly!

To try it you will need to have the Waymark-V2a theme already installed and also a v4 map that supports OSMC waymarks (the UK maps I use do not).

You just need to copy the attached Waymark-V4a.xml and Waymark-V4a.png files into the same directory as the original Waymark-V2a.xml theme file is stored (will depend on where you chose to install Locus Maps I suspect).  Will be something like:

/storage/6345-6342/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/Waymark-V2a/
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector/_themes/Waymark-V2a/

I'm wondering if there is any point using the Waymark theme, now that Elevate 4 supports Waymarks...
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload